News.

First Love

 

“Congratulation, Gyuri-shi! We have decided to recruit you as our new model for our agency! You really deserve it!”

The girl called Gyuri smiled. “Thank you. I really appreciate it. At last, my dream comes true.” She said.

“So young… so talented… I am sure you will be having a bright future.” The director said to her.

Gyuri smiled again, pleased to hear the compliment. In fact, who wouldn’t?

“So, we have made a decision that you will be featuring in our new advertisement. Now, we are waiting for your partner.”

Upon hearing that, her eyes became wider. Shocked. ‘Did I hear correctly? I will be starting my dream as a model soon? Soon than I’ve expected!’

“Is that true?” she asked. The director nodded with a smile. “Thank you so much! Thank you for this opportunity! I will work hard. I will not make all of you to be disappointed.” She said excitedly.

“We know you wouldn’t let us down. So, before we discuss more about the project, let’s wait for your partner.”

Gyuri was still smiling with the good news. The best news ever! She took out a picture from her purse.

‘Oppa, did you hear that? Soon, I’m going to be a model.’ She grinned widely while looking at the photo.

She was still looking at the photo even when she heard the door to the room was opened. Soon, she heard a voice.

“I’m sorry for being late. My shoot ended later than expected.”

“It’s okay. Well, let’s me introduce you to your partner, our new model. Here is Park Gyuri. Gyuri-shi, here is your partner, Choi Siwon.”

Upon hearing the director called her name, Gyuri changed her gaze to the man that was said to be her partner. Their eyes met. The man was smiling at her and he was… gorgeous!

“Hi, I am Choi Siwon. Let’s work hard together.” He introduced himself.

“H—hi. I am Park Gyuri.” She stuttered a bit.

Without noticing it, the picture in her hand slipped and fell to the floor, revealing the back of the picture with the word, Lee Eunhyuk.

 

 

“Hello, my handsome friend!” Eunhyuk greeted his friend, Donghae, cheerfully the morning at the school.

Donghae gave him a weird glare with the unusual greeting.

“Hi. Do you recognize that person?” Donghae went to Sungmin and Ryeowook, asking the question while referring to Eunhyuk.

“I don’t know. He looks vaguely familiar.” Sungmin said. “Kind of like a friend we used to have. What was his name? Hyu… Hyo…” Sungmin pretended to think.

“Hyoraengi?” Ryeowook cut in.

“Anchovy?” Donghae added.

“Whatever happened to him?” Sungmin asked.

“I don’t know. He went to a date with one of our juniors. Then, he started being all creepy here. He even greeted me while saying I am handsome, which he has never said that before.” Donghae replied.

“So, the question is, what planet is that guy from, and what did he do with our friend, Eunhyuk?” Ryeowook asked.

“Dude, that’s two questions.” Sungmin said.

“Just shut up! Or I swear I will flush all of you in the toilet bowl.” Eunhyuk said irritatedly.

“Should we stop teasing him?” Sungmin looked at his prankster friends.

“Yeah. I think we should stop. That guy has some muscles behind his skinny body.” Donghae whispered slowly, but still could be heard by Eunhyuk.

“Oh, I thought it was only made of bone!” Ryeowook pretended to be shocked.

“Milk, it is good for the body.” Eunhyuk promoted, receiving a full laughter from his friends.

 

 

“How was your date?” Taeyeon asked Hyoyeon in their class.

“It was amazing! We practiced some random moves and he was being gentleman to me.” Hyoyeon narrated.

Taeyeon exchanged glance with Kyuhyun, who seemed to eavesdropping, again, in their conversation. Kyuhyun gave a meaningful look at Taeyeon, as if instructing her to tell Hyoyeon what they had discussed on the last time they met.

“I bet you are having fun with him.” Taeyeon commented. “Listen, I want to tell you something important.” Taeyeon started to be serious. She adjusted her seat to be comfortable.

From the corner of her eyes, she could see Kyuhyun stood up from his place and went outside of the class. ‘Great! Just great! You left me alone to deal with all of this.’ Taeyeon thought.

“I think—” She started but was cut off by Hyoyeon who was full of excitement.

“Of course I’m having fun. He even said that we should practice together more often. So, we are going to have a dance practice together again this weekend.” Hyoyeon said excitedly. “So, what did you want to tell me just now? I’m sorry. I’m just too trailed off with the date.”

 Taeyeon just chuckled nervously. It took so much of her courage to open up the topic but she end up with not listening to her. “Oh, nothing important. I’m glad you like it. You even acknowledge it was a date.” Taeyeon just smiled and decided not to tell her, not yet, not this time at least.

Then, Hyoyeon went on telling Taeyeon everything that happened on that day, not minding if other people heard them. She continued her story until their Mathematic teacher came for the class session. Taeyeon saw Kyuhyun entered the class at the same moment and he passed her a note that read, ‘Meet me after this.’

 

 

“So, have you told her?” Kyuhyun asked.

“She was talking excitedly about how her date went well that day. I want to tell her but she was not paying attention to what I was saying. And I couldn’t bear to destroy her excitement.” Taeyeon answered.

“You should have warned her!” Kyuhyun insisted her.

“Kyuhyun, if you were in my shoes, what would you do?” slowly, Taeyeon became mad.

Kyuhyun looked at her shoes.

“First of all, no man should be in those shoes. That’s a girl shoes.”

The answer made him to receive a slap from Taeyeon for his playfulness.

“Ouch, it’s hurt!” He whined.

“If you want, you tell her yourself. Aish, this is so hard.” Taeyeon sighed.

 

 

Hyoyeon was walking alone along the corridor after Taeyeon left her with an excuse to deal with something important. Just then, three figures appeared in front of her. They were Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona.

“You, wait!” Tiffany grabbed her shoulder as she wanted to pass them.

“What do you want from me?” Hyoyeon frowned, slightly uncomfortable with the situation.

“We just want to say, just because you are great at dancing, it doesn’t mean you have all the attention from the boys here.” Jessica said. With that, all of them left.

‘What’s wrong with them?’ Hyoyeon thought as she continued to her classroom.

 

 

“Where are you going?” Hyoyeon asked Taeyeon after she entered the class.

Before Taeyeon could answer the question, their History teacher came in and directed the students to their seats.

‘Save by the teacher.’ Taeyeon thought.

Then, the teacher told them that they would be doing a project with two people per group. Hyoyeon started to think to pair up with Taeyeon. However, much to her surprise, the teacher paired her with none other than the one that she had declared as her greatest enemy. Yeah, it was Kyuhyun.

 

“Wow, great! Who thought I would be paired up with you? Lucky me!” Hyoyeon said with full of sarcasm.

At the moment, it was time to go home after the class had finished. However, Hyoyeon and Kyuhyun were still in the class to discuss about their project. With Taeyeon too after Hyoyeon insisted her to stay with her.

“Yeah, who thought I would be paired up with some girl who likes to daydream in class? Lucky me.” Kyuhyun smirked.

Hyoyeon blushed. She remembered the time when she was caught off-guard by the teacher.

“Kyuhyun! Now, I officially don’t like you!” She said out of mad.

“I don’t care if you don’t like me. After all, I wasn’t put on this earth to please you.” Kyuhyun replied nonchalantly.

 “Aish, I thought both of you are friends!” Taeyeon interrupt, could not stand the coldness between the two of them.

“I only pretend in front of you that time because he said you are a scary person. So, I should follow whatever you said.” Hyoyeon explained.

“HE SAID WHAT!?” Taeyeon exclaimed in shock.

Then, Taeyeon turned to face Kyuhyun. “What have you poisoned her mind about me?”

“Err… well, that’s how you look to me at least.” Kyuhyun gave an innocent look.

“Aish! You really make me mad.” Then, she took her bag and left them.

“Err… should I follow her?” Hyoyeon asked Kyuhyun.

“Better don’t. She will come back later and act like nothing happened. She has short-term memory.” Kyuhyun said.

“Oh, I see. Okay.” Hyoyeon nodded.

“So, friends?” Kyuhyun asked, extending his hand in front of Hyoyeon.

“I think it's a little early for ‘friend’. ‘Friendly’ – I can do that. I can be friendly.” Hyoyeon said, folding her arms, rejecting the handshake.

“I'll take it. I was beginning to think the best I could do was ‘frenemy’.” Kyuhyun shrugged.

“Well, I still don’t leave that thought though.” Hyoyeon said, but this time, a smile occurred from her lips. Kyuhyun smiled too. The atmosphere became light after that.