the first battle

Underground Angels

Hoon still had many questions but he still felt it wasn’t the right time to ask. He needed to take things slow. All he wanted now was to return home, safely, to his mother.

So he decided to return home after the meal Eli cooked for him. That pigeon could cook, very well. Soohyun offered to drive him home but Hoon rejected.

“I don’t think you know the way back home.” Soohyun stated.
“Well, you don’t know where I live…” Hoon lied.
“I actually do? I followed you, I’m sure you noticed. Lying isn’t good Hoon. No, I didn’t read your mind.” Hoon already knew.

Knowing that he couldn’t escape the clutches of this clingy man, he reluctantly allowed Soohyun to send him home. He felt tired anyway and Soohyun was right, he didn’t know where he was. He sighed and let his right hand bepulled once again by the taller man as he waved Eli goodbye with his left hand.

In a moment, they were already in Soohyun’s black sports car. Hoon was frowning the whole time, still not accepting the fact that he felt tingly whenever Soohyun holds his hands.

“You must be shocked…” Soohyun spoke up first.
“A little, I guess. Why couldn’t my weapon hurt you?”
“Because it knows I’m not an enemy.” Soohyun smiled.

“You don’t have to kidnap me, you know.”
“I’m sorry. Will you forgive me?” Soohyun glanced at Hoon.
“Yeah.” They exchanged glances. Hoon smiled at him for the first time.
“I believe we’ll see each other often so why not call me hyung?”
“No.”
“So you’re gonna go back to being ice prince again? I thought you opened up to me.” Soohyun whined.
“I-“

Hoon and Soohyun were almost thrown out of their seats by the impact of something hitting them from behind. Thank God the safety belt saved them. Soohyun looked at the side mirror to check what hit him.

A van.

Globules of slime slid out from the back of the van. They were deep red, almost maroon in colour. They throw their heads in front and drag their backs along, moving forward slowly while staining the ground red as well.

“What is that?” Hoon choked, feeling something at his throat. The sight wasrevolting.
“I have no idea but I think we have to fight.” Soohyun tensed up. “.”

Hoon felt something wet around his legs. He glanced down only to find red liquid oozing into the car and materializing into a slime again.

“Hoon, we need to move, fast. We need to fight them together.”
Hoon nodded slowly, understanding the situation, the lump at his throat not going anywhere else.
“Stay safe and alive okay? Let’s go.”

The both of them pushed the door open and leaped out of the car at the same time. The car slowly got engulfed in the red liquid, sinking into redness. Soohyun pulled out his whip from a pouch that looked similar to Hoon’s, only bigger. The whip has a grip which looked like a dragon’s head and the end of the whip were sharp blades, resembling a dragon’s tail.

Hoon pulled out his phoenix daggers and immediately plunged it into one of the slimes, cutting it from one end to another. The juices splattered out and flowed out. He didn’t have time to examine the red-colored juice before more slimes lunged at him. Hoon quickly dashed out of place and threw his daggers, piercing through the slimes, before it flew back into his grip.

Soohyun, on the other hand was slower than Hoon. However the power from his whip was strong. With every movement of his arms, he killed many slimes as well. He wouldteleport away to avoid being attacked by the slimes’ head butting.

Sometimes either one of them would miss as the monster liquefies, and materializes back again. With teamwork, they finally killed the mob.

They heaved a sigh of relief but continued panting. The reason they survived was probably because they fought a lot prior to this first time experience. They stared at the red mess. Soohyun and Hoon were both wet with the red substance. Soohyun took a closer look at it and sniffed it.

“It’s blood. Human blood?” Soohyun said.

Hoon immediately felt the lump at his throat, threatening to come out. He had seen blood before but this was way too disgusting. The blood smelt like dead corpses even though the slimes were just killed. Where was the blood from? Hoon couldn’t hold the lump in his throat anymore. He threw everything out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whee~ Another update! Its 4.30am here LOL. I'm halfway through chapter 7. Next update will be on monday. A bit busy this weekend.
I'm so happy to exceed 10 subscribers and 300 views now. Its not a big deal but still, I'm happy. xD Thanks for all the support so far!
Oh and me, being stupid, accidentally deleted someone's comment. D: D: D: I'm really sorry I was just randomly clicking and then the comment was gone. I didn't take note who's it was but I'm really sorry. )): Next chapter probably won't have much action as well. I can't really fit action in after action..