the pigeon

Underground Angels

The kitchen was modern, compared to the bedroom. There were most of the common kitchen equipments. A stove, a fridge, an oven, pots, pans, knives, spoons, forks. Nothing out of ordinary. Well, except the beautiful white pigeon standing on top of the oven. That was extraordinary.

“Are we gonna eat the pigeon or something?” Hoon asked out of curiosity, as Soohyun’s larger, warmer hand still latched onto Hoon’s smaller and colder one.

Soohyun laughed, clutching his stomach with his free hand. Hoon looked at Soohyun weirdly, not understanding why he was being laughed at. Soohyun was about to explain why he was laughing. But a sudden white ray emerged, almost piercing Hoon’s eyes. He shut them tight until he heard another man’s voice.  Hoon looked at the direction.

There appeared a beautiful man with black, brownish hair, all dressed in white. He was shorter than Soohyun, but pretty.

“Yo hyung! Who’s this?” The man asked.
“Eli, this is Hoon.” Soohyun turned to face Hoon, “This is Eli, a buddy. He’s not like us. He’s a human fused with a pigeon, enabling him to turn into one anytime. He forces me to decorate the house with pigeons so that doesn’t feel lonely. Not food okay.” Soohyun chuckled.

This was definitely getting weirder and weirder. First, someone who could teleport and read minds, now a pigeon-man. What’s next? A merman? Please, no.

“Hoon?” Soohyun frowned. “You have to trust us okay. Please.” He said, looking at Hoon straight in his eyes, full of sincerity. He squeezed Hoon’s hand a little. “Please.”

Hoon felt the weird sensation again. He ignored it once again, being reminded of Soohyun’s ability to read minds.

“Just…Don’t read my mind.” Hoon choked out.
“Oh, sorry. I’ll not do that again, promise.” Soohyun smiled.

Soohyun’s smile was perfect. It was beautiful and encouraging. Hoon felt safer now, at least. Somehow he felt that he could trust Soohyun.

“Eli! Can you cook for Hoon?”
"Yes hyung!” Eli replied and turned to Hoon. “Eggs and Ham okay with you?”
“Yeah sure. Thank you.”

Soohyun offered Hoon a seat on the sofa in the living room. He sat down and recalled what happened earlier. Firstly, he knew, he isn’t human. He was the same as Soohyun. What was Soohyun? What was he?

“Soohyun, what are you? What am I?”
“I don’t know. It’s for you to find out. Why spoil the fun? Besides, I don’t know too.”
“Am I an angel or something?” Hoon blurted out. He always hoped to be one.
“Hm... Maybe? I don’t think so.” Soohyun chuckled once again, at the other boy’s innocent thoughts.

There was a moment of silence and awkwardness as the aroma of eggs and ham flowed into the living room. Soohyun was watching television, Eli was cooking and Hoon was just staring into space, a little freaked out by the fact he wasn’t human. He wasn’t that shocked though. It was as if he noticed it, sensed it, like a part of him already knew. He decides to give him mum a call, remembering he didn’t return home for a whole night thanks to someone. It could be called kidnap you know.

“Hello? Sorry… Yeah, I’ll be back later… Okay… I’ll take care… Bye.”

He hung up, and Eli brought over a plate of 2 eggs, 2 slices of ham and a piece of toast.

“You gonna leave today?” Eli asked.
“Yeah I have to. My mum...”

Soohyun raised his eyebrows a little at the word “mum” but went by unnoticed.

“Oh, okay. At least finish the food!”
“Thanks, Eli.” Hoon smiled a little at him.
“Drop by if you have time! I’m sure Soohyun would want you here often too.”
“I… don’t know. Some time I guess.”

Hoon turned to stare blankly at the soccer match on the television. Truthfully, the presence he sensed from Soohyun wasn’t a threatening one anymore. At least he knew Soohyun wasn’t an enemy.  As to why he had to “kidnap” him, he had no idea. He wanted to ask, but he felt he shouldn’t.

Hoon wanted this to be a dream. He wasn’t sad about meeting these two, he wasn’t unhappy, he wasn’t angry. But afraid, he was afraid of facing the truth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter doesn't really have much. D: I'm sorry! Its more of some fluff but it's important for Hoon and Soohyun's relationship. Eli will play a great role later on as well. ;) Please comment! :D