truth revealed

Underground Angels

The two boys were led into the living room by Hoon’s mother. The walk to the first floor was a silent one. Soohyun and Hoon exchanged glances with each other. “It’s okay.” Soohyun mouthed these words to Hoon, flashing him a smile. Hoon returned the smile and continued walking.

“Where’s Dongho and Jaeseop? Dad isn’t back yet?” Hoon asked softly, to break the ice.
“Dongho’s out with his friends. Jaeseop still has work to do. And no, your dad isn’t back yet.” His mother replied. She voice broke a little at those last words. They entered the living room. The warm breeze was welcoming.

“I assume you’re Soohyun? Please sit.” Hoon’s mother offered warmly. She wasn’t angry.
Hoon’s mum looked young. She had curly hair and she was quite pretty for her age.

Hoon was relieved that he wasn’t going to get scolded for bringing someone over for the night. But he didn’t understand how his mum knew Soohyun. He was sure that they haven’t met before. Unless…? His thoughts were interfered when Soohyun replied his mother.

“Thank you, Mrs Yeo. Have you heard of me from somewhere?”
“Shin Soohyun, if you’ve found yourself to our Hoon, I believe it had started.” Her once warm smile turned a littlecold.
What had started?” Hoon spoke up.
His mum sighed before getting up “I’ll get us some drinks before talking about this.”

“Hyung, do you know?”
“I don’t know. I can’t read her mind. It’s as if she blocked my powers.”

She returned with 2 cups of water and handed them to the two young ones.

“Hoon, as your mother, I’m really sorry to have deceived you and to have kept you in the dark all these years.”
“Mum, you knew that I wasn’t human right? What am I? What is Soohyun? What’s happening right now?”

Hoon was agitated. He was a little angry and disappointed at his mother for hiding the truth from him.

“Hoon, calm down…” Soohyun reached out to place his hand on Hoon’s.
“Soohyun, I’m sorry for mentioning this but I need to confirm that you are him. You have no family and you woke up to find yourself alone, right?”

Soohyun nodded, his smile fading a little, becoming bitter, as those thoughts of loneliness invaded his mind. At least he found Eli, and now, Hoon. He unconsciously squeezed Hoon’s hand a little tighter, bringing a tint of redness onto the other man’s cheeks.

“Both of your families are cursed, cursed to fight the Demonic family for eternity. Soohyun’s family has the power of the Dragon and Hoon’s, the power of the Phoenix. The Dragon and Phoenix makes up Heaven.” Hoon’s mother glanced at her son who nodded in reply.

“The Demonic Family is very strong. They have the power of the Dark Beast, making up Hell. The Dragon and the Phoenix have to combine powers in order to seal or destroy Hell to prevent it from creating trouble. They want misery.”

The two accepted the fact, the fate. They faced more than enough proof.

"How about Jaeseop hyung and Dongho?” Hoon was genuinely worried for his brothers.
“This battle is fought in every generation. However, in each generation, only one member from each family will fight. This time, it’s the both of you. You boys are the chosen ones. Dongho and Jaeseop doesn’t know anything about this. Dongho’s still young and Jaeseop doesn’t have your powers.” She continued.

“So who’s from the enemy?” Hoon asked.
“I don’t know, yet. But he’s probably around your age. Watch out for those around you. He might attack any time. The battle seems different this time. It’s weird, but not exactly bad.”
“What do you mean?” Soohyun asked.
“There’s no “next generation” to continue the battle. I’m guessing this might be the last. This means that it’s a very important fight and the both of you must win. Lifes will be lost.”

Waves of pressure hit the two boys, whose hands were still linked. It feels like a lot of things were happening at once, that people might be gone the very next day.

“Have the two of you had any terrifying nightmares or face any terrible enemies?”
“We were attacked on the way here yesterday. Hoon had a nightmare…” Soohyun replied.
“The other family had started attacking. Sending troops of enemies, it happened when your dad fought, Hoon.” She looked towards Hoon. “About the nightmare, you’re seeing through someone else’s eyes. It’s one of the powers of the Phoenix. But be careful.”

“Don’t worry Mrs Yeo. I won’t let Hoon be hurt.” Soohyun was determined.
Hoon’s mother smiled at Soohyun. “You really remind me of your dad. He was so close to Hoon’s dad. They were like brothers… The both of you have mutual trust and love.  May I have a word with you, Soohyun?”

Hoon was totally flushed red at that point of time. Mutual love. Soohyun reluctantly let go of Hoon’s hand and whispered, “Don’t worry. I’ll be back. I love you.” The last three words were said for the first time, and it almost stopped Hoon’s heart from beating. Those were perfect words coming out from a perfect man.

Hoon stared as Soohyun followed behind the lady, leading into another room. He was tempted to eavesdrop, but decided he trusted Soohyun enough.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Took me forever to type this. D: D: D: This chapter was hard to type... ): I'm really sorry if it's a little disappointing... Please continue to comment and support. :D Reached 600 views! WOOHOOOO!! ^-^ I love all of you, my dear subscribers. <3 <3 <3

And my storyline keeps changing so I'm pretty much confused by myself right now. ._. I need to make up my mind.