Chapter 3

For The Better Or Worse?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter 3[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]XiuMin's pov:

Was it weird that I was still upset about what happened at Luhan's house? I mean, he's been picking on me for the longest time so I think I'd be used to his harsh words by now. But the truth was that it did bother me. More than it should have bothered me. That's why I was worried to go back to school. What if he was still mad? He would probably do a lot more than just tease me. I just feel like something bad is going to happen today. Will he really go to the extremes and do something to me because he was mad yesterday? 

I sat up from my bed feeling quite out of it today. I felt sick. It didn't help the fact that it was dark outside, looking like it was going to rain. Another day to go and suffer. I tried to mentally prepare myself for the torturous day ahead by taking a deep breath. It didn't work because, at this point, nothing could mentally prepare me for Luhan. 

I finally managed to get up from bed and get ready. I did all my usual stuff. Put on clothes, glasses, get my backpack, and eat breakfast. My dad ask me what was wrong when I sat down at the breakfast table but I didn't answer his question. I was not really feeling in the mood today to talk either. I just got up and headed out the door. 

Then after a few minutes or walking because I didn't want someone to drive me there I got to school. 

It was weird to not see Luhan at my locker. He usually is there to tease me but to my surprise Chen was waiting for me.

"Hey," Chen greeted me with a sideways hug. I didn't care if people were staring. Chen and I were practically like brothers. We didn't care to show affection to each other. He was one of the only people that didn't make fun of me, so I tried my best to keep him around.

"Hi Chen," I said as I put in my locker combination. I took out what I needed for the rest of the day and closed it again. Chen notice that I seem a little upset and asked me.

"Hey Xiumin, are you ok?" he ask. I sighed and nodded my head. That wasn't enough for him. Right away he grab my face with his hand and made me turn to look his way. I was sort of surprised by this sudden action but I was still sort of out of it so I wasn't completely shocked.

"I know you well enough to know when you aren't okay. And you're not okay right now. Tell me what's wrong." He look at me with pleading eyes. I gave up and told him what happened yesterday. I couldn't keep it to myself. I needed to tell him. He is my best friend. 

"Is he crazy? I can't believe he said that to you." He exclaimed after I finished telling him what happened. His eyes were as wide as my friend D.O's. Just then, none other than D.O came walking up to us.


"Talking about me again are we?" he said smiling widely. Chen looked at him and laughed a little before turning his attention back to me. D.O's eyes suddenly turned to some guy walking down the hall holding hands with a really pretty girl. I recognized him as Kai, one of the most popular kids in school, and chuckled silently to myself when I saw D.O glaring at the girl. 

"They don't even look good together." he said pointing at them with his hand. Chen and I laughed again because he was so funny when he got jealous. He has liked Kai for quite some time now, but needless to say, Kai doesn't pay too much attention to him. 

"You know that you are not going to make him yours if you keep standing around here and drool  like a dog every time you see him, right?" I said trying to convince him to do something. He just looked at me with one of those 'are you out of your mind' looks. 

"I know. It's just I don't want to embarrass myself in front of the entire school. And besides, he seems to be really into her." he said glaring at her again. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. 

"Well if you don't try how would you know?" Chen said stepping into the conversation. D.O just looked at him. He sighed and turned his attention back to Kai.

"Because he is too perfect to like someone like me. he said in a complete daze by him. I gotta hand it to him. Kai is one of the most popular kids in school. I guess that it would be hard for him to like him back considering that he is only one person out of all the kids in school. 

"Well you never know. It might happen one day." I added joining Chen, trying to be optimistic. He just let out a single laugh.

"Yeah, maybe in my dreams," he said looking at me now. I look back at him and turned my gaze to the clock. I realise that it is almost time for class to start. I waved to them and said goodbye and went to class.

Gym was next, and guess who was at that class, no other than Luhan. 

D.O's situation kind of distracted me from my own problems, but he wasn't here so I had to fend for myself. I tried to act as I usually do, hoping he would just leave me alone for one class. 

Gym class. The worse thing to happen to me. 

"We are going to play dodgeball. I want who ever goes to math 1 on the left and math 2 on the right." said the gym teacher while pointing to the left and r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter