Trashin' the Camp

Why Super Junior Will NEVER Go Camping Again

 

Despite now being hopelessly lost in a dark forest far out of cell phone service range, the group voted 14-1 to stay where they were to set up camp.

“Anything but getting back in that van,” Shindong declared grimly.

Eunhyuk slouched down, disappointed that he had been so soundly outvoted. “What’s wrong with the van? I thought it was okay.”

“First: you were asleep 99% of the time. Second: we all know that sooner or later, you’ll decide to take your shoes off. And no one wants to be confined in a stuffy van with you when that happens,” Kyuhyun remarked sagely. Thirteen vehement nods of agreement put an end to Eunhyuk’s opposition.

“Okay, everyone! Let’s unload the van and begin setting up camp!” Leeteuk commanded. Sluggishly, the group complied.

Pots and pans, tents, duffel bags stuffed with clothes, food, and an assortment of other camping necessities were meticulously unloaded and arranged around the clearing during the next half hour.

Donghae stopped to wipe the sweat off his forehead. He gazed around at the other members who were still busy sorting the food. His eyes passed over them, before finally landing on the tents. 1, 2, 3—8? Only eight tents?

“Hey guys?” he called. “Did we finish unloading all the tents?”

Zhou Mi darted to the back to the van to check. “Yeah!” he called. “All of them. Why?”

Eunhyuk looked at the tents, then at the members, then back at the tents again. “Wait. How are we going to sleep? We don’t have enough tents.”

“I guess we should split them up?” Ryeowook suggested.

“Fifteen members, eight tents… That would mean—“ Henry began.

“7 couples sharing a tent, and one loner.” Kangin stated bluntly.

“How do we decide who goes with who?” Henry asked. “Draw straws?”

Leeteuk shook his head. “How about we go by our SuJu couples?”

“Oh! Like fanservice, but not really because no one’s here?” Sungmin asked.

“Do we agree?” the leader asked. Murmurs of assent greeted his words.

“Okay, so obviously the first one we have in Eunhae,” Shindong said. The fish and monkey nodded happily.

“How about EunSiHae?” Siwon asked hopefully.

“No.” The group shot him down.

Heechul scoffed. “’Scuse me? The first obvious one is Hanchul, guys. Get it right.” He slung an arm around Hangeng.

“Debatable,” Yesung disagreed. “Who’s next?”

“Hold on. Hanchul? What about Sihan? Right, Hangeng?” Siwon asked again, slightly more desperately. “Aren’t we just as close?”

“Outvoted.” The group chorused.

“Who’s next?” Heechul asked.

“Kangteuk?” Sungmin suggested. More noises of agreement affirmed his proposal. “No, Siwon. There is no KangSiTeuk.” Sungmin added.

“Okay now, time for the big one guys,” Shindong said seriously. “Kyumin or Kyumi?”

Silence enveloped the clearing as the members pondered this dilemma.

“I have to say Kyumi,” Siwon said hesitantly. “I mean, they were super close during the Long Stay in Taiwan.”

“Agreed. You can see it on the TV shows and everything. They’re always standing next to each other, laughing with each other…” Eunhyuk added.

“But Kyumin has such a long history,” Ryeowook pointed out. Everyone looked conflicted.

“Kyuhyun! How about you pick one?” Heechul asked.

“Yah, you can’t put all that pressure on him!” Leeteuk objected.

“Should we just go with Kyumi?” Seven hands raised in agreement.

“Okay, it’s a majority vote!” Heechul declared.

“But who do I go with?” Sungmin wondered.

“We’ll figure it out after we get through the other tough one: Yewook or Henwook?” Kangin asked.

“Henwook.” Hangeng interjected. “Haven’t you seen the fancam of the backhug? I dare you to top that.”

“But Yewook is equally supported,” Kibum mused.

“Why am I always with Wookie?” Yesung asked.

“Yeah, guys, let’s just go with Henwook,” Kyuhyun said.

“Then who’s left?” Donghae inquired.

Yesung, Sungmin, Kibum, and Siwon raised their hands.

“You, too, Shindong,” Kibum reminded.

“Nah, I call being the loner. All the rest of you guys do weird things in your sleep,” Shindong said, making a face.

“So how do we do this?” Zhou Mi asked. “Do we go by how good their names sound together?”

“Well that doesn’t work. Yesung and Sungmin just become Ye-sung.” Kyuhyun objected.

“Or Sung-sung.” Kangin pointed out.

“Ew.” The members objected.

“Does Yemin sound any better?” Henry asked.

“Let’s just try something else,” Hangeng suggested. “Yewon? Sisung?”

“Yewon’s not bad. So the other would be Kimin? Sungbum? Kisung? Minbum?” Eunhyuk proposed. Sungmin smiled and Kibum shrugged noncommittally.

“Has this even been tried yet?” Zhou Mi mused.

“Okay, so does everyone have a buddy?” Leeteuk asked. Everyone nodded. “Then we better start setting up the tents. I heard it’s a bit tricky to figure out,” he advised.

“Oh, puh-leez.” Heechul scoffed, “Do you think we’re idiots? It’s a tent. How hard can it be?” Many others agreed with him, full of confidence in their own abilities.

If only they knew…



 

I really wasn't planning on posting, but since you guys are so awesome with your comments, I will :) Plus, I couldn't focus on my Scarlet Letter essay until I did. Okay, now I seriously have to focus. Drop me a comment: which one's your favorite pairing? ;)