The Spice of Life

Why Super Junior Will NEVER Go Camping Again

 

Leeteuk surveyed s. “All accounted for?” He scanned the camp. Yep, there was Group 1, a few still sneezing from the dust. Group 2 was also here, bruises and all, and giving Henry a very scary look. And finally, there was Group 3, with innocent smiles plastered across their faces that were making the leader very paranoid. “Okay, now that we’re all back together, let’s start dinner!” he announced.

“Great,” Kyuhyun replied, “Who’s cooking?”

There was a moment of silence. Hangeng looked up from where he was fiddling with a pebble to see 14 hungry, expected eyes looking at him. “What?” he asked self-consciously.

“Hangeng~”

“Hyung~”

“Beijing Fried Rice~”

“Gege~”

A muscle in his face twitched. “Okay, okay! I’ll cook!” He threw up his hands in mock surrender.

“I can help,” Ryeowook offered. Hangeng nodded gratefully in appreciation. It’s harder than you think to make food for fifteen human/vacuum cleaner hybrids.

“So can I!” Kyuhyun stepped forward.

“NO, KYUHYUN.” The others strongly refuted.

“I’d rather eat my toenails first,” Heechul added with a shudder. Everyone else nodded firmly in agreement.

 “I’ll go get the food from the van,” Donghae contributed.

“I’ll go too. I’m hungry.” Kangin complained. The two of them headed off to find the food.

“So what are we going to have for dinner?” Sungmin asked, massaging his still-aching back.

Hangeng shrugged, “Depends on the ingredients.”

Kibum looked around at the members. “Yesung was the one in charge of bringing food supplies, right?”

“Fantastic.” Eunhyuk muttered. “We’ll starve.”

Yesung gave them a sour look. “Oh Ye of Little Faith,” he snorted haughtily. “For your information, I asked some of our seniors in the company to prepare some stuff for us. We’re really close, so they said they were happy to.”

“I’d like to know who these seniors are…” Shindong wondered. “First the sleeping bags, now preparing some unknown food for us… Are you sure they aren’t holding some kind of grudge against you?”

Yesung blinked, “A grudge? Why would they hold a grudge? All five of them know us all very well. D—“

 “WHAT THE HECK?!” Everyone's heads jerked in the direction of Kangin's yell.

The members quickly stood up and dashed over to van. Kangin was staring into the crate of food with a horrified look frozen on his face. Donghae, on the other hand, was crouched on the ground in the fetal position, rocking back and forth.

“Hakuna Matata,” he kept muttering. “Hakuna Matata.”

“What? What’s up?” Zhou Mi asked. He peered into the crate first. A frown creased his face. “What is this stuff?” He reached in a tentative hand and pulled out a tiny, bright red pepper.

“Pretty,” Henry remarked.

The rest of Super Junior didn’t think so. At the sight of the small pepper, they had all scrambled backwards away from it hastily.

“How…?” Siwon’s question trailed off into stunned silence.

“It’s following us!” Ryeowook accused shrilly.

“What? What?” Henry looked from face to face for an answer. “What is that?”

Donghae finally turned to look at it and raised a shaking finger to point. “J—J—JOLOKIA!”

“Shhh!” Leeteuk hissed. “It’ll hear you!”

Kangin shook his head. “That’s not all,” he added hoarsely. “There’s Habanero too.”

“Is that all we have for food?” Sungmin asked in a small voice. Kibum nodded grimly.

“Hang on, there’s a note in here,” Zhou Mi mentioned. He handed the slip of paper to Kyuhyun. The maknae smoothed out the note and cleared his throat.

“Dear Super Junior,” His eyes narrowed as he saw the next line.

“WE WIN. Muahahahaha.” Kyuhyun read flatly. “Love, Dong Bang Shin Ki.” He paused. “PS: Jaejoong-hyung suggests using them in a dish.” His eyes scanned the rest of the note quietly. “Just…” He trailed off, and a secret smile curved his lips.

“Those evil—“ Kangin stopped his own sentence and whirled around to face Yesung, who had been trying to sneak away. “We’re really close?” he asked dangerously.

“I had no part in this!” The singer squeaked.

“COME HERE, YOU!”

Yesung yelped and sprinted in the opposite direction. Try as he might, however, he could not escape the fourteen-person mob.



 

Short one this time... But Happy Monday. <-- This statement does not deserve an exclamation point.

I know I certainly enjoyed my first day back at school after vacation. Blehhhh. >.<