Trust is a Must

Why Super Junior Will NEVER Go Camping Again

 

The fire crackled merrily in the center of the camp. After a desperate looting of Henry’s bag, the lighter had turned up, and the problem of lighting the fire had been quickly resolved. The owner of the lighter, on the other hand…

“Is he still up there?” Siwon asked.

Wordlessly, Sungmin pointed up into the tree where Henry was still perched precariously in its upper branches.

“Henry! You can come down now!” Donghae called.

“Kangin promises not to kill you!” Ryeowook added.

The killer in question scoffed, “Speak for yourself. I have twig burns, you know.”

“It’s not that bad,” Leeteuk pointed out. “Now hurry up and help me carry these sleeping bags.”

At Kibum’s sage advice, the members had agreed to finish setting up the camp before dinner.

“I mean, do you really want to be stumbling around with your sleeping bag in the dark?” he had reasoned.

“Waah! I didn’t even think of that!” Yesung gaped in awe.

Kangin gave him a withering stare, “And yet you’re in Super Junior foresight.”

Now, the group had again split into three smaller units.

One: sleeping bag unloaders (Leeteuk, Eunhyuk, Shindong, Kangin, Yesung, Hangeng)

Two: Henry-rescuers (Siwon, Donghae, Ryeowook, Sungmin, Zhou Mi)

Three: Water bottle-refillers (Heechul, Kyuhyun, Kibum, and Henry, assuming group 2 succeeds).

“Heechul! Hurry and get the water bottles!” Kyuhyun demanded. “You’re taking too long!”

Heechul glared back at his fellow group 3 member. “You wanna die?! I’m trying to carry fifteen water bottles by myself, and you’re telling me to hurry?! You—!”

“The brook we found is this way, Heechul,” Kibum redirected him. Grumbling, the older member followed him.

“Henry! You coming?” Kyuhyun called, squinting up at the trees. A branch rattled in response and a few lonely leaves drifted to the ground.

“I assume that means no…?” Kibum questioned.

“Go ahead, you guys. We’ll get him down eventually.” Siwon affirmed.

“One way or another…”Kangin added grimly.

“Where did you come from?! You’re not even a part of this group!” Donghae exclaimed.

“KANGIN!” Leeteuk bellowed from the van, “Stop scaring the maknae and GET OVER HERE.”

Kangin slowly left, mumbling about ‘Teukie-umma.’

Zhou Mi shuffled over next to Sungmin. He poked the shorter man in the side and nodded pointedly at where group three was slowly retreating into the trees. “Heechul, Kibum, and Kyuhyun together… Why am I getting an ominous feeling?”

Sungmin shuddered in response. “Sleep with one eye open,” he advised. He paused, then hastily added, “Better yet, sleep with them both open.”

“Ah.” Zhou Mi nodded in acknowledgement, then turned to face the tree. “Henry! Kangin’s gone! We forgive you! You can come down now!”

 “Actually…” For some reason, the Canadian’s voice was two octaves higher than normal, “I’m stuck.”

-------------------------

Meanwhile, group 1 was having a bit of difficulty with the sleeping bags.

“When was the last time these were washed?” Shindong asked, sneezing for the fourth time.

“I borrowed—“ Yesung let out a ferocious sneeze, “—from a senior I know in the company.”

Eunhyuk’s eyes were once again watering, but this time it was definitely from the dust. “Well, tell him the next time you guys meet that he gave us really crappy sleeping bags,” Eunhyuk croaked through a lungful of dust. Leeteuk sneezed in agreement.

Hangeng shook out a sleeping bag, and a small object tumbled out of it. “A human tooth,” he noted. “Let’s give this bag to Kangin.”

“YAH! I’m right here, you idiot!” Kangin exploded, and sneezed for emphasis.

Hangeng coughed self-consciously. “Oh, I’m sorry, did I say Kangin? I meant Sungmin.” He smiled sheepishly. “I’m a foreigner,” he explained.

Kangin glowered, “You only say you’re a foreigner when you’re in a bad situation.”

“You’re basically Korean now!” Shindong added unhelpfully.

Leeteuk coughed loudly, partly to gather their attention, and partly because he had recently inhaled a large dust bunny. “Okay,” he rasped, “let’s start putting the bags in the tents.”

Kangin grabbed a bag quickly and crawled inside the nearest tent. A muffled “OW! Aiiisshhh…” could be heard, along with several very creative curses.

“Good thing Siwon is over there…” Hangeng muttered.

“What’s wrong?” Leeteuk asked, concerned.

There was a pause, and then Kangin yelled, “WHICH IDIOT BUILT THIS TENT ON ALL THESE ROCKS?!”

Outside the tent, the rest of group 1 tried desperately to muffle their laughter.

Eunhyuk  leaned over to Shindong. “Who did build this one?” he asked, as  Kangin resumed cursing.

“Kangin did.” Shindong chuckled.

“Should we tell him?”

“No.”

-----------------------

Group 3 was faring much better. After a short walk, the three of them had located the little brook that Kyuhyun and Minions and discovered earlier. They had the water bottles, the water, and even some iodine to use to purify the water if necessary.

“Boiling it all would probably be easier,” Kibum recommended. He finished filling the seventh bottle.

“One drop of iodine for one quart of water,” Kyuhyun recited robotically.

“We know, Kyuhyun! You’ve been repeating that for five. freaking. minutes.” Heechul growled.

“Just making sure you knew,” the maknae smirked. “One drop of iodine for—“

“WE KNOW!”

Heechul shook his head in frustration and continued filling the bottles. “Wow. What luck I have. Being stuck with Evil Maknae Math Genius and The Emotionless One.”

Kibum flashed his killer smile, “Excuse me, but I believe you mean The Emotionless One with Better Hair than Heechul.”

Heechul glared. “The Evil Emotionless One,” he amended.

Kyuhyun looked up with a contemplative expression on his face. “Now that you mention it,” he mused, “the three of us here are the evil minds of Super Junior.”

Wicked glances were exchanged as Kibum filled the last bottle. “Then we shouldn’t disappoint our title, should we?”

“What should we do?”

“They’ll be expecting us to do something…”

“Then we’ll do something else as a decoy for our prank?”

“No, they’ll be expecting that…”

“Then if they’re busy suspecting a decoy, they won’t suspect the prank!” Heechul finished triumphantly.

The other two shrugged in agreement. It didn't make sense (well, it was Heechul speaking, after all), but as long as they could still pull a prank on someone, they were game.

“Who’s our victim?” Kibum asked.

“Do you even need to ask?” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. “Too obvious.”

Heechul and Kibum chuckled darkly. “Kekekekeke~”

An evil lit their faces as they reached for the water bottle labeled Eunhyuk.

---------------------------

Back at the camp, Eunhyuk suddenly dropped the sleeping bag he was holding and shuddered violently.

“What’s wrong?” Hangeng asked him.

The blonde rapper frowned. “I don’t know… It’s like a felt an evil spirit pass over me…” He shuddered again, “Some cold, evil force…”

“Put on a jacket,” the Chinese man advised.

“KYAAAAA~” Their heads whipped to the side to see Wookie run screaming away from the bottom of Henry’s tree. Seconds later, the Canadian himself came tumbling out, taking the human ladder of Siwon, Zhou Mi, and Donghae down with him. All of whom then landed on the innocent Sungmin, who let out an audible “OOF”. They all lay together in a giant, groaning heap.

“Why… me~?” Sungmin gasped.

Donghae moved Zhou Mi’s elbow out of his mouth, “Mission accomplished!” He grinned triumphantly.



 

I feel like this should have been split up into two chapters... -__- enjoy this monstrously long piece of writing anyway!!