Sharing is Caring

Why Super Junior Will NEVER Go Camping Again

 

Donghae set his plate down and leaned backwards. “I don’t think I can eat any more,” he sighed.

“I don’t want to eat any more,” Henry groaned, pushing his plate away.

“Mr. Snootles will never eat again…” Yesung sniffled.

Sungmin set down his own dish. “It wasn’t that bad,” he allowed diplomatically. “It was okay, I guess.”

“I’m sorry, were we eating the same salad?” Kyuhyun snorted sarcastically. “Because the salad I has was a long shot from being ‘okay.’”

“It would have tasted better if we could have paired it with the fish,” Zhou Mi insisted stubbornly.

Eunhyuk poked experimentally at the charred lump. “It’s not too bad. I mean, it was only burnt twice, right?” He looked up hopefully at the other members. “You think we could still try eating it?”

Ryeowook frowned. “Carcinogens,” he reminded them. “Cancer. Liver disease. Bad hair days.”

Eunhyuk retracted his hand sadly.

“It’s better that you don’t risk it, hyung,” Kyuhyun smirked evilly. “With your face already looking the way it does, you can’t afford to have bad hair too.”

“Hey! At least I’m better looking than Wookie!” The rapper yelped defensively.

“Are not!”

“Are too!”

“Are not!”

“Are—“

“ARE BOTH GOING TO SHUT UP AND LET ME DIGEST!” Heechul roared.

Leeteuk stretched lazily. “Ah… Tonight’s a beautiful night, isn’t it?” he beamed at his fellow members. “This trip is totally worth the effort, right? We’re all together, the atmosphere is good, the air is clear… And look! It seems like the stars are starting to appear!”

“So are the mosquitoes,” Kibum noted.

Yesung looked skyward. “I wonder which constellations we’ll be able to see,” he wondered. “At this time of year, I don’t think any major ones are out right now, but there is a chance that one of the larger star systems will be visible when—“

“Yesung,” Kangin said loudly, “You have a mosquito on you. Here, let me get it…” He leaned forward and whacked the other member solidly on the head.

“OW!”

“There, it’s gone,” Kangin said satisfactorily. “But it’ll probably come back if you start talking too much again.”

“I have an idea!” Leeteuk announced proudly.

Shindong let out a small whimper. “Again?”

“What if…” Leeteuk paused.

“No, that’s a terrible idea,” Hangeng disagreed.

“I haven’t even said anything yet!”

“And it’s already a bad idea,” Kyuhyun chimed in.

The leader pouted. “Fine. I just won’t say it, then.”

“No, go on. What’s your idea?” Siwon asked kindly. He looked over at Kangin and winked. “SiTeuk forever!”

“NO, SIWON.”

“My idea,” Leeteuk interrupted, “Is to sleep here tonight, under the stars.”

“Sounds good,” Henry nodded. “But won’t you be lonely by yourself?”

“No, I mean all of us.”

“Oh.”

“What about the mosquitoes?” Kibum reasoned. “And it’ll get very cold, you know.”

“Well, that’s what the sleeping bags are for!”

There was a bit of hesitation amongst the members.

“Um…”

“Come on!” Leeteuk pleaded. “How often do we get to go camping together? We should make the most of this trip, you know! We’ll be leaving soon anyway, right? So there’s no better time than now!” When no one seemed convinced, he switched to a different tactic. “Who are we, anyway? Super Junior, that’s who! We’re united. We’re fifteen!”

“Sixteen,” Hangeng coughed.

Sixteen,” Leeteuk corrected. “And are you going to leave a member stranded out in the cold by himself?”

“No,” Heechul replied sarcastically. “We’ll all freeze to death. But hey, at least we’ll be united spiritually, right?”

“Exactly!” the leader crowed triumphantly.

“I guess it’ll be okay…”

“Fine, fine.”

“I’ll go get my sleeping bag~”

The camp was filled with the sound of stampeding feet as the members raced to get their sleeping bags and claim the best spots near the fire. Within minutes, almost everyone was settled.

“Can I squeeze in here?” Siwon asked.

Heechul let out a huff. “Like I’d let you break up Hanchul.” He scooted closed to the Chinese member.

Siwon turned away. “Kyuwon?” he suggested.

“You want to break up Kyumin?” Donghae replied, scandalized.

“Okay, okay,” Shisus waved that suggestion away.

Shindong waved from the other end of the circle. “There’s some space over here between me and Kibum, if you want.” He lowered his voice a bit. “Please come here,” he begged. “I feel like Kibum might stab me in my sleep.”

“If anyone here was going to be an assassin, it’d be our Evil Servant,” Leeteuk pointed out.

Eunhyuk blinked. “Who, me?”

“I’ve always kind of wondered…” Henry’s voice drifted over from the other part of the circle. “If we didn’t become singers, what would we all be doing instead?”

“Hmm… That’s an interesting question.” Sungmin pondered. “But I suppose for some people, the answer might be obvious.” He glanced over at Siwon.

“Successful heir to a business,” everyone chorused.

“Or priest,” Zhou Mi suggested.

“Donghae would be…”

“A soccer player,” Ryeowook answered promptly.

“Zhou Mi?”

“Designer,” Hangeng stated. “Or a model.”

“What about Yesung?”

“Bug-scientist.”

“Actually, we’re called entomologists,” Yesung sniffed.

We?”

“What do you think Kyuhyun would be?”

“A lawyer, right?” Kibum asked. “Didn’t you plan on studying law?”

“But wasn’t he some kind of math genius also?” Shindong asked.

“Then we can agree on some kind of businessman,” Sungmin affirmed. “Or a super villain.”

“No, that’s Heechul’s job,” Kangin argued.

Hangeng shook his head. “You guys have no creativity,” he complained. He paused contemplatively. “I picture Heechul as one of those people who live in the countryside and track aliens with a homemade UFO detector in his backyard.”

“A… what? YAH! I’M FORCED TO LIVE WITH YOU FOURTEEN ALIENS EVERY DAY! WHY WOULD I WANT TO LOOK FOR MORE ALIENS?!”

“No, I think Heechul is the alien,” Siwon argued.

Eunhyuk nodded. “That makes sense.”

“So what would Eunhyuk be?”

Ryeowook thought. “I’ve always pictured him as one of those clowns you rent out at parties.”

Kyuhyun smirked. “Ah, the kind that scare children with their strange-looking faces?”

“Hey!”

“What would Sungmin’s job be?”

“I think he’d be a spy,” Eunhyuk proposed. “See, he looks all innocent, but he’s really a master at martial arts! The enemy would never know what hit them!”

“Then Henry?”

“Moose hunter!” The members cheered.

“What are those Canadian police people called?” Heechul asked. “The ones with the Smoky-the-Bear hats?”

“Stoners?” Kangin suggested.

Mounties!” Henry exclaimed. “They’re Mounties!”

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Now how about Hangeng?”

“Chef.”

“Wookie?”

“Other chef.”

“Or he could be one of those doctors on TV who tells everyone that they’re dying,” Donghae supplied helpfully. He nodded over to where Ryeowook was busy fussing over Henry’s sleeping bag.

“You have to zip it all the way up,” he lectured. “If not, the mosquitoes get to you. And they have all sorts of horrible diseases! Malaria, West Nile Virus—“

“So what about Shindong?” Hangeng asked.

“Organ grinder?”

Excuse me?” Shindong asked, scandalized.

Yesung blinked. “You know, like the ones with the monkeys and tin cups? They stand around on street corners?”

“Oh…” The members sighed in relief.

“Then what about Kibum?” Siwon asked. “I’ve always wondered…”

“Vampire!” Ryeowook exclaimed. He noticed the stares everyone was giving him. “Oh, but a nice vampire!” He amended.

“Then he should be a phlebotomist!” Yesung added.

“Geshundheit,” Sungmin smiled.

“No, a phlebotomist,” Yesung insisted. “You know, someone who draws blood?  They usually do it through venipuncture so as to do it with the least amount of pain to the person from who they—“

“Yesung,” Kangin rumbled, “Shut up.”

“—and in traditional medicine, phlebotomists have often used leeches. Leeches, which belong to the phylum Annelida, have been used for bloodletting since 2,500 years ago in ancient India. The active coagulant is—“

“That’s it,” Kangin growled. “Come here, you!” He struggled to free his arm from the confines of his sleeping bag. “What the… Kyuhyun! it so I can strangle that little…” He trailed off as he renewed his efforts to pull his arm out. “I’ll beat you until the white meat shows!” he vowed.

Unfortunately, he had been wedged into his sleeping bag far too tightly to allow for any more movement. Both his arms remained pinned uselessly by his side.

Yesung, who was now feeling empowered, began to taunt the trapped beast. “What are you going to do? Frown at me?” he cackled.

“Um… Yesung…” Henry warned. Kangin, having given up on extracting his arms, had flipped over on his stomach and began sliding like a caterpillar of death towards his victim. Yesung, noticing this, let out a small squeak of fright and began rolling over and over like a giant bowling pin, desperately trying to escape the older member.

“Aah! Help!”

“COME BACK HERE, YOU! I’ll BITE YOUR NOSE OFF!”

“Help me~!” Yesung squealed, bulldozing Heechul in his haste.

“YAH! YESUNG! IF YOU ROLL OVER ON ME ONE MORE TIME, I’LL—“

Well,” Shindong interrupted. “I guess we all know what Kangin would be.”

“Demolition expert?”

“No,” Kibum disagreed seriously. “Inchworm.”

The members watched contentedly as the two idiots rolled their way around the fire pit once, twice… Then boredom began to set it, and Hangeng steered the group back to their original topic.

“So… What would Pot-hyung be?”

“A-Are you kidding me? HE’S… No. It. IT’S A POT.” Heechul snapped.

“Then I guess he might be a kettle?” Siwon guessed. He turned to face the older member. “Sihan forever!”

“NO, SIWON.”

“I live among idiots,” Heechul muttered. “Idiots.”

“So now it’s only Teukkie left, right?” Ryeowook clarified.

“Yep.”

Kyuhyun snorted. “Well, that’s easy. He’d just be a regular old man.”

“HEY!”

“I think he’d be some kind of volunteer worker,” Sungmin said.

Eunhyuk grinned. “I picture him as one of those male nurses.”

“Or a male librarian,” Donghae added. “Who wouldn’t want to be a manbrarian?”

Leeteuk smiled. “Good guesses,” he congratulated. “But I know what I’d really be. If I wasn’t a singer, I’d be…”

“What?”

Shindong looked suspicious. “Wait a minute… You’re not going to say…”

“An angel,” Leeteuk sighed dreamily.

The members groaned. “Not again…”

“Why?” Henry asked in genuine curiosity. “Why do people always  say you’re an angel?”

“NO!” The members yelled. But it was too late. The maniacal light had appeared in the leader’s eyes, and he was already dead set in telling the story.

“You really want to know?” He asked sweetly.

“Ye—“

“NO!”

“Alright, if you insist!” Leeteuk beamed happily. He settled more comfortably in his sleeping bag and let out a dramatic sigh. “They say…” he began, “that I am the angel that lost his wings.”

“Not again…” Eunhyuk groaned.
“If I hear this one more time, I think I’ll barf,” Kyuhyun added seriously. Sungmin rolled over and discreetly pressed his hands over his ears.

Because,” the leader steamrollered on, “when I was born, it was raining very hard outside.” He closed his eyes for a minute and smiled serenely. “They say that it rained because God was crying. He had sent his only angel down to earth, so he was weeping.”

“Well, you could look at this two ways,” Kangin interrupted. “Either He was crying… Or…” He glanced furtively at the leader. “…He was spitting.”

A muscle twitched in Leeteuk’s jaw. “Anyway, I think this is only half my story,” he added loudly. “I think that my wings are starting to reform— Donghae, what are you doing?”

The Fish had rolled over to press a hand against the leader’s forehead. “Just checking,” he muttered. “You sound like you’re critically ill.”

The “angel” glared at the younger member. “I’m fine,” he snapped. He exhaled loudly, and continued his story in a sickly smooth voice. “As I was saying, I think my wings are starting to reform, bit by bit. And when I get my wings back, that will be the day I have to go back,” he concluded thoughtfully.

“Maybe you were a chicken in your past life,” Heechul mused.

Leeteuk threw his hands into the air in frustration. “I’m an ANGEL!” he insisted.

“I’m a fish!”

“I’m a monkey!”

“Ooh! Look! A raccoon!”

“YAH! CHO KYUHYUN!”

“I’m a rabbit!”

“I’m being bitten by mosquitoes.”

“West Nile Virus! Malaria! Overactive bladders!”

“We get it, Wookie.”

“Teukkie?”

“Hmm?”

“This was a terrible idea.”

“…Yeah…”

CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG.

“ONE HOUR,” Heechul sceeched. “CAN WE NOT EVEN HAVE ONE HOUR WITHOUT HAVING TO HEAR THAT STUPID POT?!”

CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG.

“HANGENG!!”

 


 

Happy Valentines/Single Awareness Day!! <3 Because I love you all so much (even the new subscribers I have forgotten to thank… sorry…T^T) I have updated early for you!! ^^

Anyway, thank you thank you thank you again to all you guys! Oh, and if any of you have some time you wanna kill… **glances at sidebar of recently updated stories** Ahem. Yup, I got a started a new fic. :P Don’t worry, it’s only going to be a short little one. This is still my #1. <3

Okay, hugs and kisses to you all~ ^^