Over the River and Through the Woods

Why Super Junior Will NEVER Go Camping Again

 

“Is moss flammable?” Leeteuk turned to see Eunhyuk closely examining a clump of the green vegetation.

“I’m not sure,” the leader replied to the rapper, “but I think what you’re looking at right now is poison oak.”

Eunhyuk quickly withdrew his outstretched hand. The leader suddenly noticed a soft jingling sound.

“Hey Kyuhyun, did you bring the car keys with you?” Leeteuk asked.

The maknae smirked, “Of course. If Heechul is even one iota as evil as I am, he’s probably convincing everyone to ditch us right now. So I’m just putting a little kink in his plan.”

“Smart…” Eunhyuk muttered. “I mean, I’d want to ditch us too if I was him.”

Leeteuk gave the monkey a withering look. “This is why I say you’re like an evil servant. I feel like you’d stab me in the back.”

“Can we just go back? The woods are scary…” Ryeowook whimpered.

“We don’t have enough materials yet,” Kibum refuted. “Any fire we try to light with these twigs would burn out in a minute.”

“Besides,” Kyuhyun added, “I don’t think Zhou Mi ever wants to leave.” He nodded pointedly at the Chinese man.

Despite having a natural habitat of a shopping mall, the tall singer was gleefully prancing among the bushes. “Gui Xian!” he would call, “look at these leaves! Wouldn’t this pattern make a wonderful scarf? And feel the material of them! It’s perfect for a set of capris, right? Light, breezy…” He skipped farther away into the forest. “Aiiieee~ These flowers would make such cute cufflinks!”

“Only Zhou Mi,” Leeteuk began, “can turn an intimidating forest into a catwalk.”

“What’s that smell?” Henry asked, clamping his hand over his nose. The rest of the members did the same as a horrible stench wafted over the party.

“It smell like… rotting fungus or something,” Kibum commented.

Eunhyuk glanced guiltily down at his bare feet. “Sorry.”

“PUT YOUR SHOES BACK ON!” Everyone bellowed.

Eunhyuk slowly complied, while mutinously muttering something about wanting to be Pocahontas.

“Guys… Let’s hurry and find more firewood before it gets dark!” Ryeowook pleaded.

The group trudged further into the wilderness.

“Okay, is this moss?” Eunhyuk asked.

Henry peered at the spongy green plant life and flashed the OK sign. “Should be fine.”

“But will it burn?” Leeteuk asked suspiciously. “It looks a bit soggy…”

“It’s fine!” Ryeowook insisted, grabbing a handful of it. “Can we go now?

“Why do you want to leave so badly?” Kibum asked.

Kyuhyun began chuckling to himself darkly while Ryeowook looked close to tears. “Please?” Wookie pleaded.

Several pairs of eyes looked at him questioningly.

“Gui Xian told him this forest was haunted,” Zhou Mi explained. “If you stay here after dark, then a werewolf comes to track down your scent and slit your throat.”

“BAHAHAHA!” Kyuhyun burst into maniacal laughter.

Henry leaned over to give the trembling Ryeowook a hug. “He’s just kidding,” he assured him.

“No he’s not!” the cute singer insisted hysterically. “Don’t you remember that last episode of Explorers of the Human Body?”

“The one where we had to find you guys in the forest with one of the police dogs?” Leeteuk clarified.

“That little dog found us within half an hour! And werewolves are like super dogs, right? So we’ll be killed within minutes!” He began waving his hands around in a panic. “Oops. Sorry, Henry.”

The Canadian rubbed his mochi cheeks where Ryeowook’s hand had made contact with his face. “We’re not going to be killed,” he reiterated soothingly.

“I truly regret putting Kyuhyun on this team,” Kibum remarked.

“Better than having him on the tent-assembly team,” Zhou Mi pointed out.

“Why?” the maknae wondered.

“You’d rig the tents to collapse on us in the middle of the night,” Leeteuk stated sagely.

“I’m not that evil,” Kyuhyun insisted.

“Yes, you are,” everyone else said in unison.

Kyuhyun turned away, pouting.

“Hey! Look what I found!” Leeteuk exclaimed. The group trudged over to where he was excitedly pointing at something.

“What is it?”

“Move it, I can’t see!”

“Would this work as fuel?” the leader asked.

“You want to burn… Mushrooms?” Kibum asked.

“Yeah! Wouldn’t the oil in them help the fire be stronger?”

“Wouldn’t it release poisonous fumes?” Eunhyuk wondered cautiously.

“Then it won’t be any worse than the smell of your feet,” Kyuhyun shot back smartly.

Eunhyuk lunged for the maknae, who quickly began darting through the trees. The rest of the group laughed as they watched the two of them chase each other in circles.

Zhou Mi chuckled and tore his eyes away from the two idiots and noticed Henry staring off in a different direction.

“What is it?” he asked.

The Canadian frowned and tilted his head, “I could have sworn I heard something…”

“Everyone, shut up for a second!” Leeteuk demanded.

They all fell silent and listened hard.

“What? What?” Eunhyuk asked.

“Is it the werewolf?” Ryeowook whimpered.

“Be quiet, guys!”

Again, they stood in complete silence, and some of them even held their breath for good measure.

Suddenly, they heard a long, drawn out howl pierce the crisp air.

“AAAAAHHHH!!!” Ryeowook screamed in abject terror and took off in the opposite direction.

“Wookie!” Henry called, sprinting after him.

“Guys! Wait up!” Eunhyuk cried, following their lead.

“Stop! Don’t split up!” Leeteuk commanded in desperation. But by the time the words had left his mouth, everyone had vanished from sight.

The leader glanced uncertainly around him at the dark, scary atmosphere. “Hello?” he called. An owl hooted ominously in reply.

“Wait for meeeeee~!!” he screeched, taking off in their direction.

----------------------------

Meanwhile, back at the camp:

“Yah, that was one impressive howl you did there, Yesung,” Heechul remarked proudly.

“I think that’s the highest note you’ve ever hit,” Shindong added.

Yesung glanced up reproachfully at the members, all of whom were laughing uproariously at him. “YOU drop a bear box on your foot, and let’s see what kind of noise you make then,” he defended.



 

Just a shout out to all my amazing subscribers and commenters: ROCK ON, YOU AMAZING HUMAN BEINGS. <3 And I may or may not be able to update during the next week because I'll be at my aunt's house for Thanksgiving. Any other Americans reading this? Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for sticking with me :)