Reunion

Why Super Junior Will NEVER Go Camping Again

 

Before they knew it, the sun began to dip in the sky.

“Wow, it’s already getting pretty late,” Leeteuk commented to his team. “Should we head back?” His seven members nodded. They quickly dried off, packed up their equipment, and dragged the mentally scarred Donghae back to camp.

“We’re baaaaaaack~!” Heechul sang as they waltzed into the clearing. Group 2, who had returned earlier in the day, looked up in surprise. “What are you waiting for?” Heechul asked. “Welcome me, slaves!”

Kangin barely spared him a glance. “We were kind of hoping you’d drown.”

The older member scoffed. “Whatever, raccoon.”

“Why, you—!”

“I missed you.” Hangeng’s soft voice drew everyone’s attention. He stared at the returning members with shining eyes. “I felt really lonely by myself, you know? Even with the other members, it’s just not the same without you.” At these gentle words, Heechul’s face softened.

“Geng…”

“I feel so unappreciated right now,” Eunhyuk muttered.

Shindong elbowed him. “Shush. Don’t ruin the mood.”

With slow steps, Hangeng began walking towards his best friend. The Korean’s face broke out in a wide smile.

“Hangeng…”

The Chinese man started taking longer strides, which finally turned into a run. Zhou Mi softly began to sing a Whitney Houston ballad, while KRY joined in as harmony. Hangeng ignored the background music and continued with his charge.

“I missed you~” He sang. He rushed forward, dodging tents, sleeping bags, and chairs and running straight past Heechul to leap into…

 Leeteuk’s arms.

“Wha…?” The KRYZ ballad cut off abruptly.

Henry blinked in confusion. “HanTeuk?”

“I guess you never know,” Ryeowook shrugged.

Hangeng pulled out of the embrace and began spinning around, his arms wrapped tightly around—

“YAH! YOU TRAITOR! HOW DARE YOU CHOOSE THAT STUPID POT OVER THE BEAUTIFUL KIM HEECHUL!”

The other members could only sigh. “Of course.”

Siwon cleared his throat. “Well, moving on, how did you guys do? Did you find any food?”

Yesung perked up. “I found at least ten different species of beetles!”

Group 1 recoiled. “Is… Is that our dinner?” Zhou Mi asked apprehensively.

“We also found a lot of berries,” Ryeowook reassured them.

Eunhyuk smiled mischievously. “And what else did you find, Wookie?” He prompted in a sing-song voice.

The younger member furrowed his brow as he reflected for a moment. “Ah!” he exclaimed. “Nuts! Lots and lots of nuts!”

Eunhyuk’s poker face crumbled as he dissolved into snorts of laughter.

“I mean chestnuts! Chestnuts!” Ryeowook panicked. Leeteuk shot the evil anchovy a look.

“Okay, okay, I’m over it,” Eunhyuk hiccupped.

Kibum shook his head. “Ryeowook, you really fall for that one way too easily…”

“Well how did you guys do?” Kangin challenged. “Did you catch anything?”

“Oh, yeah,” Shindong wondered. “How was the fishing? Were the fish biting?”

Donghae flinched. “Yes,” he answered in a hollow voice. “They were definitely biting.”

Group 1 hid their smiles. “Anyway,” Leeteuk coughed, “Should we start preparing dinner?” The members all nodded happily. Well, all the members except a certain fish, who retreated to the Eternal Log of Suffering to break down a little more.

“Fish,” he shuddered. “Big fish.” He began to whimper. “The fish… They’re everywhere!”

“Erm…” Siwon began uncertainly, staring at the mental patient.

“Eunhyuk, do you think you could…?” Leeteuk gestured helplessly at Donghae. Eunhyuk nodded and went to go pat his buddy on the back a few times.

“Thanks,” the leader sighed. “Kangin, Kyuhyun, start the fire. Everyone else, our Super Junior Cooking Challenge begins…” he paused, “NOW!” He clapped his hands loudly.

“What the heck?” Kangin asked brusquely. “What’s with the clapping?”

“Just marking the spot for the editors to cut to dramatic music,” Leeteuk defended.

“Are you on a show?! BE A NORMAL HUMAN BEING.”

“Sorry,” Kibum interrupted, “But you do know that we’re Super Junior, right? We don’t do ‘normal.’”

“Agreed,” The others chorused.

Kyuhyun raised his hand, “Wait a second. Why am I lighting the fire?”

Heechul whacked him over the head. “Yah, do you think we have a death wish? You are NEVER going within ten meters of our food.”

Sungmin shuddered. “Sorry, Kyuhyun-ah, but I have to agree,” he piped up. “I still remember that coffee you made one time…” He scrunched his nose up in disgust. “It tasted like fermented soybeans.”

“Ah! I remember that. I was sick for a week!” Yesung concurred.

Kyuhyun frowned. “I never made you guys any coffee…”

“April, 2009,” Hangeng recited. “You set off the fire alarm three times making it, remember? And the dorm smelled like Eunhyuk’s feet for a month after that!”

“Oh, that,” Kyuhyun smiled. “That wasn’t coffee. You guys looked tired, so I made curry. But it turned out a bit watery…”

“C-Curry?” Yesung spluttered incredulously.

“And the smell was because one of Hyuk’s socks accidentally fell in part way through cooking it,” Kyuhyun explained, waving his hand carelessly.

“Is that what we ate?” Ryeowook whispered, turning a delicate shade of green.

“YOU!” Kangin lunged for the maknae’s neck. “I COULD HAVE DIED BECAUSE OF YOUR COOKING! DIED!

“I remember one day when I didn’t want to go to the schedules,” Henry reminisced. “So I asked Kyuhyun to make breakfast for me.”

Shindong thumped the Canadian on the back. “You are a brave man,” he commented throatily. “A brave, brave warrior.”

The rest of the members began to chime in with their own The-Maknae-Almost-Murdered-Me stories, and pretty soon the whole camp was a huge, shouting mess.

“And then he added peaches…”

“To the dumplings?!”

“He once gave me wasabi instead of guacamole—“

“—And a fingernail inside the pancake…”

“OKAY!” Kyuhyun shouted. “I won’t go near the food, happy?”

“Yep,” the members smiled.

“No, “ Kangin frowned. “Why am I on fire duty too?”

“To save the camp from the maknae’s pyromaniac tendencies,” Leeteuk gravely replied.

Zhou Mi pondered for a moment. “But if we’re concerned about bad cooking, shouldn’t Eunhyuk join the fire team?”

“What’s wrong with my cooking?!”

“You wanted to add strawberries to your tofu stew,” Henry reminded him.

The rapper pouted. “Strawberries make the world better,” he insisted.

“Sorry, Hyukkie,” Shindong cut in, “but we’ve voted you off the island.”

The younger member’s eyes widened. “Is… Is this the end?” he whispered.

Ryeowook began to tear up. “I’ll always remember your unique recipes,” he promised.

“Please, just one more chance!” Eunhyuk begged.

Sungmin’s face was pained. “If we let you stay, we die. Can’t you see our dilemma?”

“I’ll do better! Really, I will!”

“Goodbye, Eunhyuk,” Siwon said seriously. “This is the end.”

“No, wait! NOOOOOO~”

CLANG. CLANG. CLANG. CLANG.

“HANGENG! SO HELP ME GOD, I WILL LAUNCH THAT POT INTO THE STRATOSPHERE, YOU HEAR ME?!”

“I’ve missed you so much…” The Chinaman sighed obliviously, gazing fondly at his beloved.

 


*gasp* "Is this a double update?!"

Yes. Yes, it is. Enjoy~ 

:D