Ridin' Solo~ Yeah. We wish.

Why Super Junior Will NEVER Go Camping Again

 

“Well, isn’t this fun?” Leeteuk’s enthusiastic question was greeted with a very obvious silence, save for the hum of the engine of their van. A few people looked up to give their leader a pointed look to indicate that no, being squished into a van with their fourteen other members was not what they deemed “fun.”

It had been at Leeteuk’s insistence that the van ride to the campsite would be a fun bonding experience for all of them. Hesitantly, the others had agreed that it was worth a shot. At four thirty in the morning, most of them had been too sleepy to object anyway. Four and a half hours and only one bathroom stop later, everyone was truly regretting it.

“Yah! Get your foot out of my face!” Heechul barked at Donghae, who had been forced to sit in the sleeping Eunhyuk’s lap due to the lack of seats.

“If I put it down, I’ll be kicking Kyuhyun in the head!” Donghae insisted, gesturing towards Kyuhyun, who was forced to sit on the floor.

“He’s only the maknae. Go ahead,” Kibum suggested.

“Hey! I’m not that much younger than you! And since Henry’s here, I’m not even the maknae!” Kyuhyun yelped, defensively raising his hands to shield his head.

“You idiots! Be a little more quiet!” Hangeng called from where he was riding shotgun in the front.

“Easy for you to say! You have leg room!” Kangin loudly complained. He looked down at where Leeteuk had been forced to sit on his feet. “I think I’ve cut off all circulation below my shins. Maybe I’ll have to amputate when we get to the campsite.”

“Oh, stop being so dramatic,” Sungmin said with a flip of his hair. “It could be worse, you know.”

“Yeah? Do tell,” Kangin challenged.

“Well, for one thing, Yesung hasn’t started singing A Thousand Bottles of Beer on the Wall yet,” Ryeowook pointed out. A collective shudder ran through the group.

“Yah! What’s wrong with my singing?” Yesung demanded.

“Remember that trip to Singapore? You sang Ten Thousand Bottles of Beer on the Wall for the whole five hours. We. Wanted. To. Murder. You.” Shindong explained.

“Oh yeah! Wasn’t that the trip where we had to stop the plane from taking off because Siwon forgot his Bible in the terminal?” Donghae asked.

“No, no, that was the Malaysia trip!” Siwon insisted.

“It was definitely the Singapore trip,” Leeteuk disagreed. “The Malaysia trip is when we lost Sungmin in the shopping mall.”

“Oh yeah! Didn’t you wander off because you saw a whole bunch of pretty girls or something?” Kyuhyun asked.

“No, I just saw a store with a lot of pink,” Sungmin defended himself haughtily.

“Well that’s not any better of an excuse…” Kibum muttered.

Another round of silence settled over the van.

“Umm…” Henry began timidly, “你們知道如果我們—“

“Speak Korean.” The van chorused, cutting him off.

“Yah, don’t be so rude to Chinese people! We’re foreigners, you know!” Hangeng spoke up again.

“YOU’RE NOT A FOREIGNER,” Heechul refuted loudly. Hangeng turned around from the front of the van to stick his tongue out at his best friend.

“什麼? 我不明白。” He teased.

“He said he doesn’t understand,” Kyuhyun translated smugly.

“We know, Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook pointed out. “Half of us are in SJM.”

“Yeah, and the other half just don’t understand.” Kangin emphasized.

Leeteuk quickly jumped into the conversation before a war between subgroups could break out. “What were you going to say, Henry?”

The puffy-cheeked Canadian leaned over and whispered something in Ryeowook’s ear.

“Ahh, okay! He’s asking how much farther the campsite is,” Ryeowook explained.

“Canadian! Learn to speak proper Korean!” Heechul rebuked him.

“How can he learn? You guys are horrible teachers! All you ever taught me was how to swear,” Hangeng interjected again.

“YAH! WHEN DID I EVER TEACH YOU HOW TO SWEAR?” Heechul exclaimed. He struggled to stand up, but promptly banged his head against the top of the van. “Aish…” he muttered, and began cursing under his breath.

“You know, hyung, it’s instances like this where I have to agree with Hangeng,” Siwon added thoughtfully. “You do swear a lot. Maybe you should go to church with me sometime.”

Groans of “Not again, Siwon,” echoed around the van.

“I love how everyone’s ignoring Henry’s question,” Kyuhyun remarked.

Leeteuk turned to the youngest Suju member. “We should be getting there pretty soon,” he guessed. “Why, do you need a bathroom stop, Henry?”

Henry shook his head.

“Well I do,” Yesung complained, making a face.

“Just hold it,” Kangin remarked brusquely.

Yesung turned back to make a stinging reply, but was cut off by Sungmin’s interruption.

“Hey guys… where are we, exactly?” The pink-clad singer pointed out the van window. “Are we supposed to be surrounded by scary trees?”

Everyone’s gaze shifted to the scenery. Sure enough, there were dark, looming trees on either side of the van that blocked the sunlight. The road, though paved, was in shabby condition, and it looked as if this area had been neglected by civilization for at least fifty years.

“Cheerful.” Donghae noted.

The van slowed to a crawl as the road became more and more uneven before finally turning into a dirt path. The group sat in complete silence as they watched the bleak landscape around them. Tendrils of mist were beginning to snake around the trees, giving the appearance of some horror movie setting.

Suddenly, a high-pitched shriek pierced the silence.

“GAAAH!”

Everyone jumped at the scream and banged their heads on the roof. Their heads whipped around, searching for the source of the shriek before landing their gazes on a bleary-eyed Eunhyuk who was just waking up.

“YAH!” Heechul bellowed at the blonde. “WHAT WAS THAT SCREAM FOR? I’ve banged my head twice now!”

“Sorry,” the rapper muttered, wiping the drool from the corner of his mouth.  “I just woke up and saw Heechul-hyungs new haircut, so I—“

“You—Wanna die?!” Heechul started to lunge for him, but was quickly restrained by the combined efforts of Shindong and Kangin.

The next few minutes passed without further incident. Eventually, van made a last turn and reached a clearing. After circling it once, the vehicle finally rumbled to a halt. A turn of the keys, and the engine sputtered out as well.

“We’re here!” Ryeowook cheered. He scrambled out of his seat and opened the doors.

“Why does it feel like we’ve come to a graveyard?” Yesung asked as he stepped out of the van.

“Are you positive we’re in the right place?” Kangin asked.

“Come to think of it… who was driving?” Kibum wondered. Everyone stared around at each other, dumbfounded. Their heads swiveled the driver’s door, just in time to see Zhou Mi disembarking.

“We’re here, guys!” he remarked cheerfully in accented Korean.

“Aish… Navigating is very much hard work!” Hangeng complained as he stretched his muscles.

Thirteen jaws dropped. We let THEM be the driver and navigator?

“Guys…” Leeteuk asked the two Chinese members hesitantly, “Which map did you use?”

“Eh? This one,” Zhou Mi replied, handing over a crumpled sheet of paper.

“And can you read this?” the leader asked again.

“Pssssh. Of course!” Hangeng said proudly. “See here? It says Map of Korean Countryside. Easy.”

Leeteuk buried his head in his hands and muttered to himself. Kibum snuck up to the leader and tugged the map out of his hands. He scanned it quickly, and his forehead furrowed in confusion.

“Doesn’t this say Map of Serbia?”



 

Well, I wasn't planning on updating, but I guess you guys are just lucky. :) Actually, I just felt like I shouldn't just take a week off AFF for my tests and stuff without giving you guys an update first. Good luck to anyone else taking exams! WE WILL SURVIVE. **cue epic music**