Problems

It Only Goes On From Here

Tao's Point of View-

Yesterday, Kris came to the coffee shop where I work. He kept asking if I hated him and I wasn’t sure how to respond. The other day I was still really confused about what happened the night before. When I woke up I found Kris beside me and neither of us were clothed. Then I he decided to start complaining about his parents, which had always been a weak point of mine. Whenever my friends complain about something their parents or families do, I always tell them to be thankful they even have one. I miss my parents more than anything, but hearing it from him made me mad, not sad or depressed like everyone else. This time I felt furious.

“Tao. I’m going to get lunch. Do you want anything?” Kyungsoo asked as he packed his bag.

“No thanks.” I answered.

“Alright, a sandwich and an apple for Tao.” He said and left the room, smiling at me.

“He always does that.” I said as I started to pack up my bag. I then saw a note fall out of my notebook. I picked it up and read it. “Will you go out with me this Friday? From Onew. Yeah, right.” I said and crumpled up the piece of paper.

“That was kind of cruel, Tao.” I turned to see a group of people I did not want to see.

“Jonghyun, Minho, Onew...what do you want?” I asked.

“Oh, nothing really. Just wanted to see if you got Onew’s message.” He said as he came closer to me. “It seems you did.”

“What’s your answer Tao?” Onew asked from behind Jonghyun.

“Of course not. I would never date someone like you.” I answered.

“Really? Well how can we change that answer?” Jonghyun asked staring into my eyes.

“You can’t!” I exclaimed only to feel a pain in my stomach. Jonghyun had punched me in the stomach. Not as hard as usual, but I didn’t want it to get any worse than this.

“How about now?” Jonghyun asked.

“N-No!” I said to feel another pain in my stomach.

“Jonghyun!” We looked to see someone standing in the doorway to the classroom.

“K-Kibum. W-What are you doing here?” Jonghyun instantly froze in his spot as he saw his boyfriend staring at me then at him.

“What the hell are you doing to my baby?” Kibum dropped his book that was in his arms and ran over to me.

“H-H-He rejected Onew!” Jonghyun knew what his fate was about to be from such an excuse.

There was a pause as Kibum turned his head slowly toward Jonghyun.

“3-2-1” I quietly said to myself.

“You bastard! Do you even possibly think that that is a reasonable excuse to beat up someone?! How would you feel if I was to beat you up because you overslept this morning and forgot to pick me up, which caused me to be late to school?! Huh?! How would that make you feel?!” Kibum grabbed ahold of Jonghyun’s shirt collar and was shaking him.

“Kibum? What are you doing to Jonghyun?” Kyungsoo asked as he came into the room with a bag in his hand.

“Jonghyun beat up Tao!” Kibum answered as he continued to shake Jonghyun.

“Jonghyun did what?” Kyungsoo put the bag down on one of the tables and ran over to me.

“Onew! Minho! Why the hell did you not stop him?” Kibum released Jonghyun’s shirt.

“I’d like to know that too.” Another person then showed up to the scene.

“Taemin?!” Minho ran over to the boy in the doorway. “What are you doing here? Didn’t you have school today?”

“I’m on the campus tour. Didn’t you remember? I told you this two days ago.”  Taemin answered.

Taemin is Minho boyfriend. He may look younger than he really is, but he is a senior in high school. Minho graduated three years ago and started dating Taemin when he was a senior and Taemin was a freshman. It has been three years since then and they are still going strong.

“I’m sorry Taemin. I didn’t know what to do. I promise I won’t do it again.” Minho apologized with his head down.

“You better! How did this happen anyway?” Taemin asked looking over at us.

“Tao rejected me.” Onew answered.

“Oh come on Onew. You know that would never happen.” Taemin said and hit the back of Onew’s head.

“Gez. You are learning too much from Kibum.” Onew said, rubbing the back of his head.

“I heard that!” Kibum said and also hit the back of Onew’s head.

“Yah! What was that for?” Onew asked.

“For being stupid.” Kibum answered. “Speaking of being stupid. Does anyone know what is going on between Eunkwang and Taehyung?”

“Maybe Jungkook would know.” Minho said.

We all followed Minho and Kibum out of the room to search for Jungkook. If anyone knew what was going on between Eunkwang and V it was Jungkook. Jungkook is younger than us and graduated from high school when he was 17. He is a very smart kid and he is very kind. V and Eunkwang are his best friends and lately neither V nor Eunkwang had been seen together, which had never happened before. We found Jungkook looking inside a classroom through a window in a door.

“Jungkook? What are you looking at?” Kibum asked as we walked over to him.

“Sshhh! They are finally talking.” He answered and pointed into the classroom.

“Eunkwang and Taehyung?” Kibum then looked into the window.

“Yeah. I finally got them to talk.”

“What happened between them anyway?” I asked.

“Eunkwang and Suga slept together." Jungkook answered.

"What!? Suga and Eunkwang?!" Kibum asked surprised.

"Yeah. And that jerk over there said that Eunkwang was sleeping with Suga for money." Jungkook said pointing to Junghyun.

"What? They both denied it! And I was only joking!" Junghyun said trying to defend himself. "But why does what I said have to do with them fighting?"

"V actually saw Suga giving Eunkwang money. But it was a misunderstanding." Jungkook said.

We all looked into the room to see V and Eunkwang hugging. We all sighed and ran into the room. V and Eunkwang let go of each other and hugged us all.

"You guys finally made up!" Kibum said excited.

"Yeah. I'm sorry you guys had to go through all that too. I don't want to fight again! It was a long and hard two weeks." V said and side-hugged Eunkwang.

"It was only two weeks? It felt like forever!" Eunkwang said.

"No more misunderstandings alright?" V said.

"Alright!" Eunkwang gave V a thumbs up.

Kibum invited us to go get some lunch together. And since Kyungsoo left the lunch in the room, we agreed to go also. It felt a lot better being together, even if I did just get beat up by my mother's boyfriend. I was happy to see everyone happy again. Kibum held hands with Jonghyun as we walked down the hallway like always. V and Eunkwang were attached to the hip like they always were. Jungkook was quite like he always was. We all talked and laughed together and that's the way I liked it.

Finally the end of the day came and I was able to leave. On Mondays and Tuesdays I work morning shift and have evening classes. I can't complain but I prefer morning classes over evening classes. I didn't want to go home just yet since I didn't have anything to do there. I just wondered around the park in front of the coffee shop. I always came here when I was upset. It was very peaceful during the night. It was a beautiful night and the stars were out. I sat down on a bench and looked up at the sky.

Whenever I came to the park at night or whenever I looked up at the sky, I always had the urge to talk to my parents. I would tell them about my day or what has been going on in my life. I told them about all my friends and feelings. When I was happy and excited, or if I was sad and depressed, I would tell them why I was. Even if they never answered back, I knew that they were always listening.  

"Hi mom. Hi dad. How are you? I hope you're doing alright." I said and smile. "Did you guys hear that Eunkwang and V were fighting? It was all over a silly misunderstanding though...They finally made up today. It lasted for two weeks. That's a long time for them to not talk to each other. I wanted to tell you that since I always talk about them... I really miss you guys. I wish you could meet them. And all my friends and my new friends I recently made. There's this one guy. His name is Kris. He is also Chinese like us. I made a stupid decision to get drunk and ended up sleeping with him. Aren't I stupid? He seems kind of nice though." I paused for a moment.

"Who are you talking to?" I turned my head to see a guy standing beside the bench.

"Oh! Ah...my parents." I answered truthfully.

"Are they dead?" The guy asked.

I nodded my head in response.

"I'm sorry for your loss." He said. "What's your name?"

"Tao." I said.

"I'm Peniel." He said.

“Peniel?” I repeated. I had never heard a name like that before.

“Yeah, Peniel.” He said assuring. “You’ve never heard a name like Peniel before, have you?”

“I was just thinking that.” I said laughing at how we were thinking the same thing.

“Not a lot of people have. I like it though. It makes me feel unique.” He said and puffed out his chest to make him look bigger.

We both started laughing as he did that. We sat there for a while longer talking about each other. I found out that he is a senior in high school. He also is friends with Taemin. His parents are divorced but they both still love him equally. His mother is going to be re-married in the spring and he is excited to have an older brother. Like me, he was an only child also. We had a lot in common and we seemed to get along very well. After about an hour of talking to each other, Peniel had to go home. I gave him my phone number so we could talk again sometime and said goodbye.

As I got back to my apartment, I walked to my door to see a piece of paper hanging up.

“Notice To Quit”

A/N-

Hey guys! I wanted to inform you that I may not update for a couple of days because I have a "mild concussion" and I don't want to make it worse. I say "mild concussion" because I have not gone to see a doctor and I think a couple days off will make it feel better. I will try to work on the story but I can't promise an update this weekend. This will be the update for now. I am adding BTS, BtoB, and Shinee into the story as background characters and friends. Kibum will be involved a lot as Tao's motherly figure a lot though. I hope you enjoy it. I will be back hopefully soon. Please don't forget to subscribe and comment! I will see you in the next update! <3