You Don't Understand

It Only Goes On From Here

Tao's Point Of View-

I woke up to an unfamiliar feeling. Something very, very painful. My head felt like it was splitting in half, but my hips were also hurting. I couldn’t remember what happened though. I tried to move but I felt something wrapped around my waist. I opened my eyes to find a figure lying next to me. I rubbed my eyes to clear the blurriness.

“Yifan! Wake up!” I heard Kai say outside of the door.

“Kris!” I said trying to wake up the person next to me.

“Jongin, stop. I have a headache.” Kris said and turned to face the other direction.

“Kris, it’s me Tao. Please, I don’t want anyone to know I’m here. They may misunderstand.” Kris turned back around and looked at me.

“Well, if they see you like that they will.” He said staring at me.

“What do you mean?” I looked down to see that I was completely .

I grabbed the covers in front of me and covered myself. Now, I was really confused. Kris sat up and I noticed that he was also . I looked away, trying to figure out what happened last night. Both Kris and I were in the same bed and my hips were aching. As I realized what must had happened I heard the door open. I quickly jumped off the bed and hid beside it, on the floor.

“So you are awake.” Kai said as he came into the room.

“Yeah, so you can go now.” Kris said and got out of the bed.

“Was it hot in here last night?” Kai asked.

“What do you mean?” Kris asked back.

“You must have been hot if you took your clothes off.” Kai answered.

I turned my head to see Kris walking toward the back of the room. I then noticed what he was walking toward. Our clothes were spread out across the back of the room. He picked up his pants and put them on. He then picked up my clothes and then the rest of his.

“I guess.” Kris responded trying to hide my clothes.

“You picked up a lot of clothes. Did you change your clothes a couple of times last night?” I felt my heart speed up from Kai’s statement. The last thing I wanted was to be caught that Kris and I slept together.

“Yeah, it was just too hot so I decided to just take them off.”

“I can take them for you if you want. I’ll go put them in the wash.” Kai said, but not before Kris denied.

Kai then left the room and closed the door behind him. Kris came over beside me, threw my clothes at me and asked for me to put them on. I got up and quickly put my clothes on. Kris went into what seemed like the closet, then came out a minute later, clothed. He was wearing a brand that I had seen before and was absolutely in love with.

“I-Is that G-Gucci?” I asked him.

“Yeah, so?” He asked as he looked over at me.

“Th-That’s a really nice brand.” I said staring at his outfit.

“I guess.”

“You must be really rich. I could only dream about that type of outfit.” I said in awe.

“Come here.” He said and walked over to a full length mirror.

“Wh-What?” I walked over to him with slight worry for what he wanted.

“Look.” He said and pointed to the mirror.

I turned my head to look in the mirror. What I saw in the mirror surprised me. All over my neck were tiny red and purple spots. Even though I had never witnessed it myself, I could tell what they were. I looked up at Kris who was also staring at them. He then smirked.

“Guess it really did get hot in here last night.” He said.

“What am I going to do?” I asked nervous about others seeing me like that.

“It’s not that bad, no one will notice.” Kris said and patted my head.

“You did though.”

“That’s because you didn’t button your shirt up completely yet.” He said.

I looked down to see that he was right. If I buttoned my shirt up more no one could see them. I felt relieved that I would have to tell anyone how I got them. Then the realization of how I really got them came into mind. Kris and I slept together. Not only was I drunk but I barely even knew Kris. I had met him only a couple days ago and now we had a big secret that I didn’t want to have.I remembered a promise I made to my parents when I was younger. I promised that I would wait until I found the right person. I looked down at my feet as reality sunk in. Kris looked at me with a confused look.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

“We...did we...did we really sleep together?” I asked him.

“I would say so.” He answered.

I looked up at face Kris and stared into his eyes. He watched my movements, with the occasional glance at my neck. He had a scary look to him, but his eyes looked kind of sad and lonely. I felt my heart speed up and my chest tightened. I didn’t like that look in his eyes. He smiled but it seemed a little forced. I frowned at that and then remembered what my dad always did when I tried to force a smile. I took my hand and brushed it over his mouth. He then looked at me confused.

“What was that?” He asked.

“My dad always did that to me when I forced a smile. He tried to swipe that fake one off and replace it with a sincere one.” I said smiled at him.

“Your dad?”

I nodded my head as I stared at him.

“You’re so dumb.” He then laughed a little.

“See it worked.” I said and pointed at him.

Kris smiled at me as I heard a phone go off and saw Kris reach into his pocket.

“Ugh, it’s my stupid father again.” He then put his phone back in his pocket.

“You should’ve answered it if it was your father.” I said.

“No thanks.”

“What do you mean?” I asked him confused by what he meant by that.

“I hate my father.” He answered.

“You shouldn’t hate your parents. They love you.” I said.

“No my father could care less about me. It’s not like I care anyway.”

“You shouldn’t think that way.”

“Why do you care? You don’t know anything about me.” He looked at me with an annoyed look.

“I may not know anything about you, but you shouldn’t treat your parents like that.” I was starting to raise my voice a little.

“And how do you know that? You aren’t me. You don’t know what kind of stuff I have to go through because of them. You probably have loving parents that give you anything you want. My parents don’t care what I do. They never have! And they never will!” Kris yelled.

“You don’t know that. They just want what’s best for you. You should show them that you at least love them. That's what my parents always wanted from me. You never know, they could love you back.”

“You know what. Just stay out of my life. Go to your parents and tell them how much you love them for all I care, but leave me alone.” Kris said. I felt my eyes start to sting from tears forming. “What are you waiting for? Leave!” He yelled and pointed at the door.

“You don’t have to yell at me!” I said.

“Then stop telling me how to live my life! You don’t understand what kind of pain I’ve been through! You wouldn’t understand how hard it is to live with parents like them! It’s almost like not having parents at all!”

“I wouldn’t understand?” I asked him.

“Yes! You wouldn’t understand! You would never understand!” He yelled at me.

“Oh really? My parents died almost five years ago. You don’t have any right to yell at me when you don’t know what I’ve gone through! My father lost his job when I was in middle school and my mother and I had to work in order to help us survive! I worked every day after school until early hours in the morning. Then my first year of high school, my parents died in a car crash and left me alone to survive on my own! I’m the one who doesn’t understand how hard life can be? I lived on the streets for so long! I’ve learned and seen things that you probably couldn’t even dream of! But NO you are the one who has it tough. Do you? Do you really? Huh!? Do you? You live here in such a big and expensive house when I’m the one who lives by themselves in a tiny apartment with little food, and only a mattress to sleep on at night! You don’t see me complaining do you? So stop yelling at me you jerk!”

I then heard the door to the room slam open and saw Luhan run up to Kris. “You bastard!” The next thing I knew Luhan punched Kris in the face.

“Luhan! Stop!” I said and tried to pull him away from Kris.

“Tao, he made you cry! He needs to pay for it!” Luhan said as he struggled to get out of my arms.

“STOP!” I yelled at him.

“What is going on in here?” We turned to see Sehun standing in the doorway.

“Sehun, please help me stop Luhan.” I pleaded.

Sehun walked over and easily took Luhan from me. I went in between Kris and Luhan. Luhan suddenly stopped struggling as he looked at me. I then noticed that his gaze was toward my neck. I touched my neck and tried to cover up the spot on my neck.

“What are those?” Luhan asked.

“They’re just bug bites.” I lied, but I knew he didn’t believe me. I was always bad at lying.

“I see how it is. So you will sleep with this bastard but not me?” He asked, clearly upset. He threw Sehun’s arms off of him and stood there, glaring at me.

“Nothing happened Luhan. And why should you care? We broke up a long time ago.” I said and slowly walked over to him.

“Tell me Kris. Did he sleep with you?” He asked looking past me, to Kris.

“Yeah, so what? We were both drunk so it’s not like it meant anything.” Kris said without a care.

Luhan sighed and then looked over toward me. I had never seen him like this. It made me want to cry.

“Tao.” He said.

“Y-yeah?” I asked.

He walked up to me and slapped me. The sting from where his hand hit my cheek hurt so bad, but the pain in my chest hurt even more. Being slapped, and having that argument with Kris, made it’s toll on me. I found myself on the floor crying. Kris stared at me as Luhan started yelling at me again.

“Tao, you are such a . Sleeping with someone just because you were drunk...that’s pathetic.” Luhan said and hit the back of my head.

“Luhan, stop.” Sehun said and dragged Luhan out of the room. He then shut the door behind them.

I could only hear my weeping echo through the room. Neither Kris, nor I said anything.

“Tao?” Kris finally said something.

“What? Are you going to call me a too? Are you going to continue to accuse me of something?” I asked as I continued to cry.

“No. I won’t. I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to take up my anger on you. It’s just...I...I don’t even know why I went off like that. I didn’t know that you went through something like that. I just always thought my life was the worst, but I didn’t know that someone could go through something like that. I’m-I’m sorry.” Kris said and bent down beside me.

“Get away from me.” I pushed Kris away from me and got up to run out of the room.

As I went to go toward the door, I felt Kris grab my wrist.

“Tao, please. I’ll try to make things better. I promise. So please, don’t leave.” He said.

“No. You can’t make anything better. So just...just stay out of my life.” I said and ran out of the room.

I ran down the stairs to find Kai, Kyungsoo, Sehun, and Luhan in the kitchen. Everyone else was asleep in the living room. I called over to Luhan, asking if I could talk to him. After sighing, he came over and looked at me annoyed and upset.

“What do you want Tao?” He asked.

“Can you forget about what happened between Kris and I? We were drunk and didn’t know what was going on. It didn’t mean anything.” I said.

“Do you promise that it didn’t mean anything?” He asked.

“Yes, it didn’t mean anything. And I want both of us to forget it ever happened.” I said.

“Alright, but just because it’s you. I hope you won’t do anything like that again.” He said and hugged me. “Would you like some breakfast?” He asked. That’s something I always liked about Luhan. He doesn’t hold grudges for long and always goes back to being the Luhan I once knew and loved.

“No thanks. I’m going to go now.” I said.

“Are you sure? Would you like Sehun and I to take you home?” He asked.

“No, it’s fine. I can take a taxi or something.”

“Alright, but be careful.” We then said goodbye and I walked toward the front door. I looked up toward Kris’s room. I felt my eyes start to sting again. My chest felt tight and I brought my hand up to my heart.

“Why does it hurt so much?”

A/N-

This took me a while to write because I wanted them to fight, but I didn't know what I wanted them to fight about. I also wanted Luhan to get angry about the situation between Kris and Tao sleeping together. Tao and Kris are going to have a pretty akward relationship for a while, and I guess you guys are going to have to wait and find out what happens. I'm going to try and write the next chapter  by tomorrow and update, but I'm not 100% positive because I have some other stuff I have to work on also. Please subscribe so you can be informed when I do update, and please feel free to comment. I enjoy reading them! I'm almost at 1000 views which is surprising since I only started this story 2 weeks ago. Lets see how long it will take before I get 100 subscribers! I hope you will help me get there! See you all later! <3