The Suprise At Dinner

It Only Goes On From Here

After saying goodbye to Tao, I headed downtown for a while. I wanted to give Jongin and Kyungsoo some more time to be alone. I know just how much they mean to each other, and they wouldn’t be having much time to be together for a while. I headed to a coffee shop close to the mall Jongin and I went to yesterday. It was slightly busy since it was almost 9:30 by the time I got there.

 I stayed for about an hour, drinking coffee and watching the news, until I decided that it was time to head home. It took about half an hour to get home. I looked at my watch before walking inside. It was rather quiet, maybe too quiet. I walked upstairs to see Jongin’s door opened.

“Jongin? I’m home.” I said as I got closer to his room.

“Hm? Kris? Crap! What time is it?” Jongin asked and sprung up out of the bed.

“Dude! Put some clothes on!” I said as I closed my eyes praying that I would not be mentally scarred from what I had just seen.

            At least I know the plan worked. Kyungsoo was still asleep in the bed.

“Kyungsoo wake up! It’s already 11!” Jongin called out to Kyungsoo as he put pants on.

            Kyungsoo stirred in his sleep but didn’t wake up.

“Kyungsoo! Wake up!” Jongin took the covers off of Kyungsoo and got on top of him.

“Jongin...what are you doing?” He asked as he rubbed his eyes.

“It’s already 11! You have class in 30 minutes!” Hearing that, Kyungsoo got out of the bed and hurried to put his clothes on.

Then Kyungsoo’s cell phone started to ring. He answered it and grabbed his bag.

“Hello?...Key?...What!? Tao’s where?...Is he alright? What happened?” My heart started pounding after Kyungsoo mentioned Tao’s name, but asking what happened and if he’s alright made me panic. “So, he’s just getting check out? Nothing serious happened?...Alright, I’ll be there soon. Wait! Did you give Tao the cell phone?...Alright. Bye.” Kyungsoo hung up his phone and put it in his pocket.

“What’s wrong with Tao?” I asked panicked.

“He wasn’t feeling well, so the school doctor took him to the hospital to get checked out. But don’t worry, everything is fine. I will tell Tao to text you when he gets back. Alright?” Kyungsoo asked and patted my shoulder.

 I nodded my head then began to walk out of the room.

“I’ll be in my room. See you later Kyungsoo.” With that, I walked out of the room and headed to my room.

 When I got into my room, I threw my bag on the floor and laid down. I stared up at the ceiling hoping to hear my phone go off with a call or message from Tao. Kibum told me the other day that he was going to buy a phone for Tao. I was happy to hear that he already got it. I took my phone out of my pocket and placed it on the bed beside me. I laid there waiting and waiting until I felt my eyelids get heavy. I closed my eyes and let sleep fall upon me.

 I woke up from the sound of my phone ringing. I picked it up and saw a message from an unknown number.

 From Unknown #:

 Hey Kris, this is Tao. Kyungsoo told me to text you when I got back to class. I’m back in class now. LOL! I wanted to ask you if it was okay if I come over for dinner tonight. Would that be okay with you?

I changed the contact information to say it was Tao before texting him back.

 From Kris:

 Sure, you can come over after your classes if you want. Jongin and I have a meeting until 4 so you may have to wait for a while. There is a spare key under the mat by the front door. Use it and make yourself at home.

 From Tao:

 Alright! See you then! :)

            I smiled as I stared at the message. I had a date with Tao. I had a freaking date with Tao! I was so happy. I walked over to the window next to my bed and looked outside. The sun was up and streaming into the room. The day after it rained, was it always this beautiful? Maybe it was just today.

“Yifan. Kyungsoo texted me saying Tao’s back in class. Did he text you?” Jongin asked as he walked into the room.

“He’s going to be coming over for dinner tonight.” I said as I went to put the stuff in my bag away.

“Would you like me to go out for the night then?” Jongin asked.

“No. Even though I would like that, I know Tao would feel a little uncomfortable just the two of us alone right now. So please stay and join us.” I said.

“Alright. Don’t forget we have a meeting today at 1:30 and it’s already noon, so get ready.” And with that, Jongin left the room.

As I was told, I went to my bathroom and took a quick shower to clean off. I picked out one of my favorite suits from Dolce and Gabbana, which Jongin had also picked out for me. Then my phone rang again with a text message.

 From Kibum:

 Kris. Tao texted me asking if we could have a party tomorrow night. DO you have any idea what it’s about?

 From Kris:

 No. Maybe he just wants to party.

 From Kibum:

 Maybe. Well, if that’s the case, invite some of your friends as well!

 From Kris:

 Don’t have to ask me twice. But how many are you talking about?

 From Kibum:

 Around 10-15.

 From Kris:

 Alright!

I went to my phone’s contacts and started a group message.

From Kris:

Party tomorrow night at XXX! Tao and his friends will be there.

Within only a few seconds, everyone messaged back that they would go. Joonmyeon, Jongdae, Sehun, Chanyeol, Jongin, Jimin, Sungjae, Ilhoon, Namjoon, and Suga, they were all going to go. It was a small amount of my friends but a good amount for a house party and most of my friends did not know Kibum or Tao and his friends. Joonmyeon wanted to see Lay again, along with Chanyeol wanting to see Baekhyun, and Jongdae wanting to see Xiumin. Sehun told me that he met up with Luhan a couple time throughout the week, so I knew they still saw each other. I had also been wondering what their relationship is by now. Sehun seemed to really like Luhan.

“Yifan. Are you ready yet?” Jongin asked as he walked into my room.

“Yeah, almost.” I answered and put my phone in my pocket.

“You! Get dressed or we will be late!” Jongin yelled and slammed the door shut after leaving the room.

“What is it with you and being late? You are always like that.” I said and went to finish getting ready.

I put on some shoes and socks, some of my favorite cologne, and my watch. After I was ready, I grabbed my jacket and briefcase and went down to the car. Jongin was waiting in the car just as he said he would be. I got into the car and Jongin started it up. Jongin drove us to the building where the meeting was taking place and parked. It wasn’t too far away from the office, so I was familiar with the area.

We walked inside and was greeted by the head of the company. He took us up to the meeting room, and then began the meeting. We mostly talked about starting a partnership with a popular hotel line. My father’s company worked with all kinds of lines, from hotels to shopping malls to schools. I am in charge of building partnerships but I’m also working to replace my father soon. I wanted to take over my father’s company. Even though I was the heir of the company, my father always threatened to find someone else. That’s one reason I always did what he asked me to, I didn’t want to increase the possibility. I didn’t want to marry anyone, especially so soon. I wanted to find someone by myself at my own pace, but I know my father will chose someone if I don’t by Monday. That’s only 4 days away from now.

The meeting lasted about an hour and a half. About right on time. I tried to make it go fast because I wanted to go home to see Tao. The more I thought about Tao, the more I wanted to leave. I had told the chef to start dinner when Tao got there, since it wouldn’t be much longer until we would be back. I was so excited. It was a little past 4:20 by the time we got home. Tao was in the living room, watching tv when we went inside.

“We’re home.” I said as we walked into the room. I put my briefcase down on the coffee table and took off my jacket.

“Welcome home.” Tao said and stood up to greet us.

“Have you been here long?” Jongin asked.

“Not really. Classes went a little late so I got here about an hour ago.” Tao answered.

“Well, I’m hungry. How about you guys?” Jongin asked and rubbed his stomach.

“I’m hungry.” I said.

“Me too.” Tao agreed.

We walked into the kitchen to find a meal already set. We sat down and began to eat. I went to pour some wine for Tao, but he refused to have it. He asked for water or juice instead.

“But, you like this wine. You told me last week that it was your favorite. Why the sudden change?” I asked curious to why he suddenly didn’t want it.

“I can’t have it right now.” He said.

“What do you mean you can’t have it? Who told you you can’t?” Jongin asked.

“The doctor.” Tao answered.

“Why did the doctor tell you that? Is something wrong with you?” I asked.

“Well, no, but that’s what I wanted to tell you.” Tao looked down at his lap.

“Tell me what?” I asked nervous.

“I...I’m...I-I’m p-p-p…” Tao stopped then took a deep breath and looked up with teary eyes. “I-I’m p-pregnant.”

There was a pause until I started laughing. “Hahaha...that’s a good one Tao. Now tell me what you really wanted to tell me.”

“Do you think this is a joke?” Tao asked as a tear fell down his cheek.

“Well, yeah. Since guys can’t get pregnant.” I said.

“That’s not true Yifan. It is possible.” Jongin stated.

“Are you serious? So you aren’t joking? You are seriously pregnant?” I asked looking at Tao.

Tao grabbed his backpack and took out several papers. He passed them over to me. They were several medical notes. All saying he was pregnant and he was about 2 and a half weeks along.

“I can’t do this. How could you do this?” I was in complete shock and was extremely confused.

“I didn’t mean for it to happen. It wasn’t exactly my fault that this happened. It was also your fault. Take the blame for something in your life.” Tao said crying as I tried to think through the situation.

“Why did this have to happen?” I asked myself.

“Well, it doesn’t happen to most men but it apparently happened. You should think of it as a miracle.” Jongin said trying to calm down Tao.

“Stay out of this Jongin! You have no purpose in this conversation!” I yelled at Jongin. “Please leave us alone for a minute.” I asked.

Jongin got up and left the two of us alone in the room.

“What am I going to do?” Tao asked himself.

“Marry me.” I said.

“What?” Tao asked confused.

“Marry me.” I repeated.

“Why would you want to marry me? You barely even know me.” Tao asked.

“Because you are pregnant with my kid!”

"I'm still really confused." Tao said.

"Please marry me so I can take care of you and our baby." I stood up from my chair and walked over to Tao.

"So you're not mad?" Tao asked.

"Bad timing, but no I'm not mad." I said.

"You don't think I'm disgusting?"

"Tao...I love you. I could never think that." I caressed Tao's cheek as he looked up at me in surprise.

"You love me?" He asked surprised.

"Wasn't it obvious?" I asked.

"Maybe a little." He said and smiled at me.

"Well? Do I get an answer?"

"I love you too Kris!" He said and hugged me.

"Not the answer I was looking for but thank you. I was asking about your answer to marrying me." I said and hugged him even tighter.

"Of course I will, but not right away. I still want to get to know you more." Tao explained.

"So it's a yes?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Thank you Tao. I will have to inform my parents by Monday, so they might want to meet you. We could announce it at the party tomorrow to our friends." I said.

"Yeah. I was already planning on telling everyone tomorrow anyway...wait how do you know about the party?" Tao asked.

"Kibum told me and asked me to invite some of my friends too. He thought it would be fun." I answered.

"I get to meet some of your friends!" Tao looked really excited.

            I looked Tao in the eyes and leaned in. Our lips met and we shared our first kiss as a couple.

            "Took you guys long enough." Jongin said and came back into the room.

"Kibum said that earlier." Tao said as we parted.

"What do you mean earlier? Were you already together?" Jongin asked.

"No. But we are now." I said and side hugged Tao.

"I thought we were engaged?" Tao asked looking up at me.

"We are." I said.

"Do you even have a ring?" Jongin asked and sat down at the table to finish eating.

"How about we go look for one after we eat?" I suggested and sat down.

"Okay, but I don't really need one." Tao said and also sat down.

"You're getting one. I want to show the world that you're mine."

Tao leaned over and kissed me. Jongin looked away trying to ignore us. We finished eating before Tao and I left to go to the jewelry store. We drove to the mall and went inside.

“Good evening Kris. And who might this be?” Jimin asked as we went inside.

“This is Tao.” I answered.

“So you are Tao! Hello, I’m Jimin. Park Jimin. I’m the manager here. Kris also invited me to the party tomorrow.” Jimin said.

“Really? I hope you have a nice time. I’m really excited.” Tao said and grabbed my hand.

“Are you two dating?” Jimin asked.

“Yes. We are.” I answered.

“You guys make a cute couple.” 

“Thank you.” Tao said smiling.

“How long have you been together?” Jimin asked.

“As of right now, about…2 and a half hours.” I said as I looked at my watch.

Jimin looked at us surprised then took us to the elevator. I asked him to take us up to the regular jewelry store I shop at often. Even though it was pretty expensive sometimes, I really liked it and I thought Tao would too. When we arrived in front of the shop, Tao stopped in place and looked up at the sign above the doors.

“Jared?! Isn’t this place pretty expensive?” He pointed out.

“I don’t care. I’d buy you everything in here if you wanted me to. The cost doesn’t matter to me.” I said and dragged him inside.

Inside there were display cases everywhere. I walked up to one of them and began to look through all the rings. Tao pointed at one then looked down sad. I glanced over at it and realized why he looked sad. It was $5,099.99. It was a Diamond Bridal Setting 1 1/5 cttw Princess-cut 18k White Gold with a .36 Carat I-S12 Cut Round Diamond. (Yes I did the research!) No wonder it was so high-priced. I didn’t care though. I then saw one that caught my eye.

“Kris, this one would be perfect for you!” Tao said and pointed to the same one I was looking at.

“I thought so too. A Solitaire Ring Setting 14K White Gold with a .36 Carat I-S12 Cut Round Diamond. $1,304.99. That’s not bad.” I said then looked up at the lady behind the case. “Could I have this one?”

She took it out and handed it to me. Tao then walked away to a different case. I looked up at the lady again and pointed to another ring. “Could I also have that one?”

 

CA/N-

          Sup everyone!! Sorry I didn’t update sooner. I was almost done with it on Friday when my boss called me in to work double shift for the last couple days because someone at my work is really sick. I’m tired, but I finally got it done. I am going to start working on the next chapter soon so I’ll try to get it updated in the next few days. Don’t forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote! See you next time!

Update about crystal : She still has a concussion and went to the doctor on Tuesday. She was given even stricter guidelines to the point where she can’t do ANYTHING!! She feels really sorry and hopes to get better sooner. It may be a while before you hear from her. 

#TaoRis4Life2