Tao's Jealousy

It Only Goes On From Here

Kris' Point of View-

Another week had passed and I found myself at yet another Monday meeting. Luckily, I got to see Tao last Friday when Jongin asked Kyungsoo on a double ‘date’ with Tao and I. I said ‘date’ because Tao and I aren’t and I don’t know if Jongin and Kyungsoo are dating yet. But even though Tao and I aren’t together, we all had a great time. We went to a nice restaurant then we went back home and hung out for the rest of the evening.

In the meeting, I tried to pay attention but sometimes it was hard. I did not want to have another reason to have to go see my father. Chanyeol was in charge of the meeting this week so he tried to make it somewhat interesting. Jongin sat beside me and was jotting down several notes in his notebook. One thing I liked about having Jongin as my assistant was I could just go back and re-read important parts that he wrote down later if I need them. Jongin was always prepared and that’s something I like about him.

“That is all for this weeks meeting.” My father said as he dismissed the meeting. I tried to escape as quickly and quietly as I could. “Yifan!” I froze in my spot as I heard my father call my name.

“Yes father?” I asked and turned to face him.

“You have two weeks. Choose quickly. If you don’t then I will tell you, I already picked out a young lady. I will be announcing the decision on the 31st if you do not tell me before hand. Do you understand me?” My father asked with slight glare.

“Yes sir.” I said and practically ran out of the meeting room.

Jongin was already waiting inside of my office when I finally got to it. I noticed that there was also someone else with him.

“Luhan?” I was surprised to see him there.

“Kris, I need to talk to you.” He said and came over to me.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Tao is being kicked out of his apartment for not being able to pay the amount the new tenant is wanting the rent to be. He needs a place to stay until he can find a new place.” Luhan said panicked.

“Why are you coming to me then? Why not have him stay with you?” I asked.

“I’m staying with Lay right now and he already has enough people staying with him. Kyungsoo is still living with his parents, so that’s a no. You and Kai are the only other people I can think of that would let Tao into their home. Please help me with this.” Luhan said honestly.

“Now, if I remember correctly. You want to help your ex who you called a and slapped him? Do you really think I would do this to help you? Oh yeah, I forgot. Pot calling the kettle black if I say so myself.” I said and sat down in my chair.

“What do you mean by that?” Luhan asked.

“I heard about what happened between you and Sehun. That same night under the same circumstances as Tao and I, and you called Tao a .” I said trying to control my anger.

“Wait. What happened between you and Tao? I heard about Sehun and Luhan but you and Tao, too?” Jongin asked surprised.

“Yeah, we slept together. But that’s not the point! What I’m trying to say is, Luhan you have no right to try and help him after hurting him like that. Did you even apologize?” I asked.

“He said to forget about it.” Luhan answered.

“So you didn’t even apologize?” Jongin asked.

“Well, he just told me to forget about it. So I told him I would.”

“Luhan, a normal person would not be able to forget something like that. You should go and apologize to him.” Jongin suggested to him.

“Fine, if you are going to continue telling me how to live my life then I will just go and find someone else to help me find a place for Tao to stay.” Luhan said and turned around to leave.

“Woah there. I never said I wouldn’t help. We are just trying to help you fix your relationship with Tao.” I tried to explain.

“Well…” Luhan was interrupted by the sound of his phone ringing. “Excuse me.” He said and took his phone out of his pocket and answered it. “Hello?...He did? With who?...Kibum? Kim Kibum? Who’s that?...Alright, I’ll tell him...bye.” He then hung up the phone.

“Who was that? If I may ask.” Jongin asked.

“It was Lay. He said that Tao found someone to stay with for a while. His name is Kibum apparently.” Luhan answered.

“You said his name was Kim Kibum earlier, correct?” Jongin seemed really curious about this person.

Luhan slowly nodded his head.

“Bummie?!” Jongin seemed really excited all of a sudden. “Yifan, I think I know where he lives if you want to go to meet him. Tao may be there too.” Jongin said trying to persuade me to go.

“Fine. Go get the car.” I said and got up out of my chair to get my jacket.

“I’ll come too!” Luhan exclaimed and put his jacket on also.

“No.” I said and went to leave.

“Huh?” Luhan looked at me confused.

“Until you properly apologize to Tao sincerely and mean it, stay out of Tao’s life.” I said then closed the door to the office.

“Kris was that Luhan in your office?” Sehun asked as I walked past him.

“If your talking about the that you sleep with, then yes he is in there. Please get him out soon, before he starts calling the things in my office s too.” I said.

Sehun then ran into the direction of my office as I got into the elevator. Sehun seemed to really like Luhan but Luhan seemed to still be hungover Tao. Every time someone mentioned Luhan in front of Tao, it seemed like Tao was either about to kill someone or like he was about to cry. I didn’t like either of those looks even though I had only seen it three times. The first two times were at the party and the third time was when Jongin brought him up when we were hanging out with Kyungsoo and Tao Friday.

Jongin really likes Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo seems to like Jongin also. I made a bet with Tao that they would be together by the end of the month, but Tao bet that they would be together by the end of the week. I also apologize again for the fight we had and said that I hoped we could at least be friends. Tao being Tao, he accepted the apology and agreed to be friends. It not like we weren’t already friends, but I just wanted to confirm it. It is nice being in Tao’s company. He is a nice person with a great personality and a pure heart.

After about twenty minutes, we arrived at a rather large house. It wasn’t as big as Jongin and mine but it was a decent size. Jongin parked in the driveway and we walked up to the front door. After ringing the doorbell, a very energetic guy with blonde hair opened the door. Then froze as he saw Jongin.

“Kai? Kim Kai? Is that you?” The guy asked.

“Kim Kibum. It is I, Kim Kai.” Jongin said and bowed his head.

“Kai!” The guy, Jongin called Kibum, ran up to Jongin and hugged him.

“Bummie!” Jongin hugged him back.

“How long has it been?” Kibum asked as they released each other.

“Almost 5 years.” Jongin answered.

“It’s been 5 years since I graduated? Gez, I’m gettin’ old.”

“It’s great to see you again Bummie.” Jongin said and hugged Kibum again.

“You must be Kris.” Kibum said and extended his hand out to me after Jongin released him.

“Yes, but how do you know me?” I asked as I went to shake his hand.

“Jongin mentioned you back in high school and we met once before, but it was a long time ago.” He answered.

“As you said, it was a long time ago. How could you remember my name?” I asked.

“Believe it or not, Tao has also mentioned you a few times within the past couple of days.” Kibum said.

“Seriously? He talks about me? What did he say?” I asked him, surprised by what he said.

“Why don’t you ask him yourself?” Kibum then grabbed my hand and dragged me into the house.

It was as nice-looking inside as it was outside. Everything was neat and tidy. Nothing seemed to be out of place. We made our way into a large room and Kibum told me to sit down on the couch. He excused himself and left the room. Jongin sat down on the couch facing me, and placed his phone and keys on the table in between us. Kibum then came back with several people with him.

“Kris?” Tao was standing beside Kibum.

“Kai?” Kyungsoo was standing on the other side of Kibum.

“Who are they?” One of the guys behind asked.

“Onew, this is Kris and Kai. I’ve known Kai since middle school and Kris is a friend of his and also Tao’s and Kyungsoo’s. Kris. Kai. These are a few of the other guys who live here. This is Onew, Minho, Minho’s boyfriend, Taemin. Even though he doesn’t live here. He’s still in high school. And lastly but certainly not least, my lovely boyfriend, Jonghyun.” He said introducing those behind him.

“Hello, I’m Kim Jongin and this is Wu Yifan, or as Kibum said I’m Kai and this is Kris.” Jongin said introducing ourselves.

“You guys can sit down you know.” Kibum said to everyone behind him.

“Kyungsoo, come over here!” Jongin said spreading his arms wide for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo walked over to Jongin and sat down beside him. Jongin placed his arm behind Kyungsoo and rested his hand on his shoulder. Tao then came over and sat down beside me.

“What’s going on between you two?” Kibum asked as he sat on the arm of a chair that his boyfriend sat down in.

“We’re together.” Jongin answered.

“What?!” Everyone asked surprised.

“What? Is it not alright?” Kyungsoo asked with a red face.

“Since when?” Tao asked stunned.

“Since last Friday.” Jongin answered and pulled Kyungsoo closer to him.

“Really? I’m...happy for you guys.” Tao said and smiled over at his best friend, but something felt off.

I got up and grabbed Tao’s hand. I pulled him up and walked out of the room  after excusing us for a moment. We walked down the hallway until we could talk. I stopped and let go of his hand.

“What was that about?” I asked.

“That’s what I’d like to know.” Tao said confused by why I suddenly took him out of the room.

“You don’t seem very happy about Jongin and Kyungsoo being together. Are you not happy for them?” I asked.

“No, I’m happy for them. It’s just…” Tao stopped mid-sentence.

“Just what?” I asked trying to get him to continue.

“Nothing. You wouldn’t understand.” He said and turned around to walk away.

“Like hell I wouldn’t understand! How can you say I wouldn’t understand when you won’t even tell me what’s wrong?” I asked and grabbed his arm to stop him. “Please Tao. Tell me what’s wrong so I can at least try to understand.”

Tao looked at me with tears in his eyes.

“Why do you care?” He asked.

“Because I don’t like it when you are upset.” I answered. “So tell me what’s wrong.”

Tao stayed quiet.

“Tao.” I said.

He remained quiet.

“Tao!” I yelled his name. Not too loud but enough to let him know I was serious.

“I’m jealous!” He yelled back at me.

“What?” I was surprised by his sudden confession.

“I’m jealous of them Kris! They love each other so much and they are happy together. I’ve been in relationship before but they never lasted. And I was the only one hurt in the end!” Tao started to cry as he talked.

“What about Luhan? He seems to still like you.” I said and patted his back softly.

“That jerk left me! He left me alone in a place I didn’t even know!”

“What do you mean?” I asked him.

“We moved here together after I graduated, but then not even a week later, he broke up with me and moved back to China. Leaving me here alone and confused. I tried to find other people but my relationships never lasted even a month. Once I find someone, they always leave. I know Kai won’t leave Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo absolutely loves Kai. I’m jealous of their relationship, okay? Is that what you wanted?” Tao asked and brought his hands up to his face as he continued to cry.

I pulled him closer to me and hugged him. I brought his head to my shoulder and gently rubbed his back as he cried. Tao was a sensitive person who liked to keep things to himself. I’ve learned that if I push him a little he will tell me what’s wrong, but sometimes there is a consequence that comes along with it. My heart hurt every time I saw him cry, but I also know that means he somewhat truths me. We stayed like that for a while until he calmed down. Kibum came out to see what was taking so long. We apologized and Tao and Kibum started to walk back down the hallway, but I stayed and watched them as they got further and further away.

“I’ll never leave you.” I said to myself.

A/N-

Don't worry I did not over work myself to get this done. I've been working on for about 15 minutes every few hours throughout the week and finally got it done. I may also get another chapter done by Monday or Tuesday, so please look forward to it. I still have a concussion and I'm getting tired of it! VERY MUCH SO! See you soon! Please don't forget to comment, subscribe and, if you would like to, upvote. I will see you in the next update! <3