Do You Hate Me?

It Only Goes On From Here

Kris's Point Of View-

“Why does it hurt so much?” Tao’s voice and cries kept echoing in my head.

It’s been two days since I last saw Tao, and for some reason he’s been on my mind constantly. Our argument kept repeating itself in my head. I watched him leave but I didn’t want to let him go. It hurt. It had been a while since I felt a pain like that in my heart. I would be lying if I said I didn’t cry after Tao left. I couldn’t stop thinking about him and it was driving me crazy. I just want to see him, so I can at least try to apologize to him.

“Yifan!” I jumped at the sound of my father calling my name. “Yifan, are you paying any attention to this meeting at all?” My father seemed angry again, but he was all the time anyway.

“I’m sorry sir.” I apologized bowing my head.

“Meet me in my office after the meeting.” He said then continued the meeting.

I always hated Monday meetings but today I just couldn’t pay attention. I would try to listen but my mind would wander off somewhere else. I would start thinking about Tao. ‘I wonder what he’s doing right now.’, ‘Is he eating properly?’, ‘Does he hate me now?’. Questions kept coming to my mind.

The meeting took a little longer than usual, but my father still made me go to his office. I went up to his office as he instructed and knocked on the door. I opened the door and went inside. My father was sitting at his desk and my mother stood beside him like always.

“What did you need me for?” I asked and sat down in a chair in front of my father’s desk.

“Have you looked through the profiles yet?” My father asked.

“No.” I answered him.

“Please do, as soon as you can.” He said.

“And what if I don’t?” I asked.

“Then I will find one for you.” My father said and stood up. “Either find someone or pick from the files. I don’t care who it is, just find someone. Now if you could, please leave. Your presence is disturbing me.” He said as he turned toward the window behind him.

I did as he said and left his office. Jongin was waiting outside the office. Usually we would go to the club, but I don’t think either of us really wanted to go. But at the same time we didn’t want to go home either.

“Yifan, do you want to go get a cup of coffee? Kyungsoo recommend a really good coffee shop nearby.” Jongin suggested.

“Sure.” I answered and let Jongin lead the way.

“How about we walk there?”

“Walk?” It didn’t seem like a bad idea. It was a nice day and a walk seemed nice. “Alright.”

We walked out of the office and headed toward a small park. I hadn’t known that there was a park close to the office. I didn’t really care much about the outside world before either. There were children running and playing and families walking around together. Everyone seemed really happy. My chest tightened as it reminded me of the argument with Tao. You could see how much these families loved each other, but I never knew this kind of love. My parents never cared about me.

“Yifan? Are you coming? It’s right over there.”Somehow Jongin had gotten ahead of me and called out to me.

I picked up my pace to meet up with him. We walked to the other side of the park and Jongin stopped in front of one of the building.

“This is it.” He said then opened the door.

“Welcome.” I stopped as I heard the voice. I turned to look in the direction of the voice.

“Tao?”’t think I was surprised to see Tao standing behind the front counter.

“Kris? Kai? What are you doing here?” Tao was just as surprised to see us as I was to see him. I didn’t know what to do or say. I didn’t think I would see him before I figured everything out. He probably hated me right now and I was afraid to say anything. I didn’t know why I was afraid, but I just didn’t want to mess anything else up.

“Hey Tao. Kyungsoo told me you worked here, so I wanted to come check it out.” Jongin said and looked around the shop.

“Kyungsoo told you?” Tao asked.

“Yep. Well, Yifan how about we order something?” Jongin handed me a menu and started looking at his.

“Oh, new customers.” We turned to see an elderly man come from the back.

“Hello, sir. Are you Tao’s boss?” Jongin asked the man.

“Yes I am. Are you some friends of Tao’s?” The man asked in return.

“Yes sir. You could say he’s a close friend of ours.” Jongin answered and smiled at Tao.

“Good, Tao you are dismissed.” The man said to Tao.

“But sir, I still have 20 minutes left.” Tao explained to the man.

“Then you have 20 minutes to be with your friends.” The man said patting Tao’s back.

“Can I at least serve them first?” Tao asked and the man agreed.

Jongin and I ordered some coffee and Jongin offered to buy Tao a coffee also. Tao tried to turn down his offer, but Jongin insisted. Once Jongin offers someone something, he will not change his mind. You will get what he offers. We went and sat down in a booth in cornor. Tao came over shortly with our drinks in his hands. He us our drinks and sat down beside me. I felt my heart skip a beat as I looked over at him. Then it hit me that something felt off. Tao seemed really tired and had bags under his eyes.

“Are you feeling alright?” Jongin beat me to it though.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Tao answered.

“Are you sure?”Jongin asked again.

“Yeah.” Tao nodded his head as he answered again.

After making sure Tao was okay, we talked for a while. After a while Tao informed us that he had to leave for his classes. I didn’t want him to leave yet, and even though he said he was fine, he did not look fine. It made me sick from worry. We all walked out of the coffee shop. Jongin and Tao exchanged goodbyes as I watched Tao quitely. Tao looked at me then turned around. He started walking in the opposite direction of us.

“Yifan? Are you coming?” Jongin asked as he started walking back toward the park from earlier.

“Jongin, could you head back home first? I have something I have to do first.” I said and took off in the direction Tao went.

I finally caught up to him and gently grabbed his wrist to stop him. He looked up at me startled from someone suddenly stopping him. I pulled his arm toward me. I wrapped my arms around Tao’s back as he slammed into my chest.

“I’m sorry Tao. I can’t handle this pain that I keep having when I think about you. You are constantly in my head and I can’t stop thinking about you. Please, I’m sorry just don’t hate me. Please.” This was the first time I ever asked someone to not hate me. I usually don’t care about what other people think, but the idea of Tao hating me made me feel like I was dying.

“Kris, stop. You’re hurting me!” I realized that I was squeezing Tao a little too tight.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized to him as I released him from my embrace.

“It’s fine. I’m also sorry.” Tao said and looked up at me. “But, I could never hate you. Kris...I love you.” Tao then started to lean in closer to me. I then returned the move and as soon as our lips were about to touch.

“Yifan...Yifan...Kris! Wake Up!!” I opened my eyes to see Jongin standing in front of me. I looked around to see that I was in my office.

“What am I doing here?” I asked him.

“What do you mean? You came in here after you left your father’s office. I left for a couple minutes to get you coffee but when I came back you were asleep.” He answered and set a cup of coffee in front of me.

“Where did you get this?” I asked.

“Downstairs.” He answered.

“Throw it away. I don’t want it.” I said and got up from my chair.

“Fine, I’ll just give it to Chanyeol.” Jongin said and walked out of the room with both cups in his hands.

It was all just a dream. I had a dream about apologizing to Tao. I dreamed about...Tao. I must be going crazy. I then remembered the coffee shop that Tao was working at. I grabbed my jacket and ran out of the office. I ran down the street, through the park and stopped in front of the coffee shop in my dream. I pushed open the door and walked inside. I turned toward the front counter and froze in my spot.

“Welcome.” A woman said standing behind the counter. I sighed then walked out of the shop.

“It was just a dream. Nothing in dreams are true.” I said to myself. “He must really hate me then.”

“Kris?” I turned to see the person I needed to see.

“Tao?” I was shocked to see him standing there.

“What are you doing here? I thought I told you to leave me alone.” He said.

“I...I just wanted to get a cup of coffee.” I lied. I couldn’t tell him I came because I was hoping to see him. Especially since he seems still really upset.

“Have you gotten one yet?” He asked.

“No...not yet.”

“Come in, I can make you one really quick.” He said then walked inside the shop.

I followed behind and he showed me to the counter. I sat down on one of the stolls and watched as Tao put on an apron. He came back over and asked what I wanted. I asked for just a plain cup of coffee and studied his movements as he made the coffee. So he really did work at this coffee shop.

“Tao, could I ask you something?” I asked him as he finished.

“Sure, I guess.” He answered and placed the cup in front of me.

“Do you hate me now?” I asked him.

“Hate you? When did I ever say I hated you?” He asked confused.

“The argument the other day, you seemed like you really hated me.” I said and took a sip of the coffee.

“No, I don’t hate you.” He said. “But that doesn’t mean I don’t think you are a selfish jerk who doesn’t take others into consideration.”

“I saw that coming.” I said to myself. “Listen Tao. I’m sorry. If I knew what you went through I wouldn’t had said all those things.”

“That’s it. ‘If I had known then I wouldn’t have done that.’, I hear that all the time. That’s why I got angry. You shouldn’t have done it either way. If you knew I put a drug in that coffee would you had drank it?” He asked.

“What? No.” I said and put the cup of coffee down.

“See! You wouldn’t have done it. If I had told you then you wouldn’t have drank it. We have control over others actions when it comes to things like that, but I feel like we should put into consideration of others before we do something to please ourselves.”

“Are you saying you want to drug me?” I asked.

“No. It was just an example. What I’m trying to say is, think about others and what could happen before opening that big mouth of yours. As you learned two days ago, it could hurt someone else and their feelings.” He said.

“So even though I didn’t know about your past, I shouldn’t have complained?”I asked him.

“No, because if we were going to have a complaining fest, then I could go on for a long time. I’ve had a hard life Kris and you couldn’t possibly even understand what I’ve gone through. You still have parents and a nice house. I lost everything. So please cherish them now before they disappear from your life.” Tao said and looked down.

Tao’s eyes were red and looked like he was about to cry. The last thing I wanted was to see him cry again. I reached over and grabbed his hands. I looked up at him and smiled at him.

“Will you help me?” I asked.

“Help you with what?” He asked and rubbed his eye.

“To change. Help me change.”

A/N-

I know most of you wanted Tao and Kris to fight more, but I never really saw Tao to be the type to hold grudges. They will have their moments but I want them to be happy. The next couple of chapters are going to be based around other couples getting together. It won't be for a couple chapters before the really interesting parts kick in but it will be progressive within the next couple of chapters. Let's just say Tao starts to fell a little "sick". In the next chapter I will be introducing a couple of other characters that will be "important" in the future.  I look forward to writing them and I hope you look forward to reading them. I'm sorry to say I won't be updating my other story for a while because I'm just really excited about writing this story. Once I feel like I've gotten this story along pretty far I will update. I promise.

Thank you so much for supporting this story. It makes me really happy! I hit 1,000 views last night and I'm very happy. I hope you will subscribe so you can get notifications for when I do update. And don't forget to comment! See you next time! <3