The Ex-Boyfriend

It Only Goes On From Here

Tao's Point of View-

I was looking outside of the window of my classroom. I tried to pay attention but my mind kept replaying the scene from last night. Even if I tried to think about something else, my mind would find it’s way back to where it started.


*Flashback*

“Luhan, what are you doing here?” I asked surprised to see him there.

“I’m going to be starting school here on tomorrow.” he said standing still.

“How did you know I was here?”

“Lay told me you worked here.” He answered.

“You’re still friends with him?” I didn’t know they still talked to each other. Lay was Luhan’s best friend. I became friends with Lay about a month after Luhan and I started dating. But both Luhan and Lay had already graduated when I started dating him the middle of my third year. I had already been living on the streets for a half a year by that time. He came to my rescue and I loved him for that, but I only found myself back where I had started soon after that.

“I thought you went back to China.” I said.

“I did. I wanted to come back to tell you that I’m sorry about what happened. I didn’t mean it at all. My father was forcing me to come back and I didn’t want you to be involved with him and I didn’t want you to go back. You were always so depressed and sad. I just needed an excuse to leave you here, but we were fighting and it just came out.” He said and looked down apologetic.

“Do you know what you put me through once you left? You didn’t leave any money for me to support myself with and I ended up exactly where I was back in China, only I was in a foreign place that I didn’t know. You have no right to come and ask for forgiveness!” I yelled at him.

“I’m sorry Tao. I just want to at least be by your side. Even if we can’t get back together, I just want to be there for you. I want to make it up to you. I messed up big time and I want to fix it.” Luhan said trying to calm me down.

“No! You will only make matters worse! It’s still going to be hard because I know you will be around Lay and I will have to deal with you still. But please, just leave me and my life alone!”

*End of Flashback*


 

As I expected, Luhan was always with Lay, except a couple classes. Luhan was now in my Chemistry class and sat right behind me. I could feel him staring at me and it made me feel uncomfortable. I continued to stare out the window, it was a nice day and had a perfect temperature. After this class everyone had the rest of the day off. My manager is forcing me to take the day off of work too. I was hoping to go somewhere with Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, and Xiumin since we hadn’t hung out for a long time.

The teacher dismissed us as the class came to an end and I quickly grabbed my bag and ran out of the classroom. I wanted to try to avoid Luhan as much as I could. I went down the hall to Kyungsoo class and found him talking to Baekhyun and Xiumin. I walked up behind Kyungsoo and wrapped my arms around his waist, placing my chin on his shoulder.

“Hey Tao!” Baekhyun said waving at me.

“Hey.” I replied smiling at him.

“It’s a free day, what are you guys planning on doing? What time is it anyway?” Xiumin asked.

“It’s about 4:30.” I answered.

“Do you guys want to go get something to eat?” Kyungsoo suggested.

“Ice Cream!” Baekhyun said and started jumping up and down.

“You are such a child.” Kyungsoo said rolling his eyes.

“But you still love me.”

“Can’t argue with that.” I said and let go of Kyungsoo.

After we all agreed, we left the school and headed to the ice cream shop. Baekhyun always made us go get some ice cream every week, and we were starting to get tired of ice cream so we came to an agreement to get ice cream every free day. We never argued with Baekhyun because an angry Baekhyun was a scary Baekhyun.

When we arrived at the familiar ice cream shop, we were greeted by the regular guy working at the cash register. We could tell that this guy had a crush on Baekhyun because every once in awhile he would stare at Baekhyun or glare at us when we got a little too close to him. We loved messing with him and Baekhyun couldn’t tell the difference. We walked up to the counter and began to look at the different flavors.

“Good Afternoon Baekhyun, how was your day?” The guy asked with a red face.

“It was good.” Baekhyun answered and bent down to get a closer look at all the flavors.

“What flavor are you going to get today?” The guy asked.

“Hm...I think I will take the Peanut Butter Cup one.” Baekhyun said pointing at the one he wanted.

The guy quickly got a cup and scooped the ice cream into the cup. He handed it to Baekhyun and asked the rest of us what we wanted. I ordered the Salted Caramel, Xiumin ordered his regular Oreo milkshake, and Kyungsoo ordered plain vanilla.

After paying for the ice cream, we left the shop and headed to the park across the street. We walked over to a tree and sat down under it. We all talked while we ate our ice cream with the occasional someone choking on it from laughing. Baekhyun finished within three minutes, and the rest of us took about ten. When we all had finished, we got up and threw the trash away. We were on our way out of the park when I heard someone call my name.

“Tao!” I turned around to see Kai running toward me in a suit.

“Kai? What are you doing here?” I asked him.

“Kris had a meeting in the building over there today and he forgot some papers. I was on my way back to the car when I saw you and your friends.” He said.

“Is Kris that guy I met the other day?”

“Yeah. His name is Wu Yifan, but everyone calls him Kris.” He explained.

“Tao? Who is this?” I turned to see Kyungsoo walking up behind me.

“This is…” I started.

“My name is Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai.” He interrupted me.

“I’m Do Kyungsoo. It’s nice to meet you Kai.” Kyungsoo smiled and extended his hand.

Kai reached out and grabbed Kyungsoo’s hand. I noticed a strange feeling coming from them as they stared into each other’s eyes, just smiling at each other. I had never seen Kyungsoo like this before. I then noticed that Kyungsoo had started to bite his lower lip, which he did whenever he was nervous or embarrassed. Kyungsoo’s face became red as he looked down, breaking eye contact with Kai and released his hand. Kai continued to stare at Kyungsoo with a smile. I felt almost embarrassed to have witnessed this situation.

“Did you need me for something Kai?” I asked trying to change the situation.

“Huh? Uh, no, well. I...I...um...do you want to come to a party?” He stumbled over the statement.

“Party? I want to go!” We turned around to see Baekhyun and Xiumin walking over to us.

“Yeah it is free day and what time is? Almost 6?” Xiumin asked.

“It’s 6:15.” Kai answered.

“Why do you always ask what time it is?” I asked him.

“I just want to know.” Xiumin said.

“Tao can we go to the party?” Baekhyun asked.

I looked over at Kyungsoo who had grabbed the hem on my shirt. He was pouting slightly, which was kind of frightening. I then looked over at Kai, who was watching Kyungsoo.

“Is it alright if they come too?” I asked him.

“Sure, invite anyone you want.” He said.

“Can I invite Lay?” Baekhyun asked.

“Alright.” I said.

Baekhyun pulled out his phone and sent a message to Lay.

“What time is the party and where will it be?” Kyungsoo asked Kai.

“It’s at 8 and at my house.” Kai answered.

“Where do you live?” Kyungsoo asked.

“If you give me your number, I can text you the address.” Kai said and pulled out his phone.

“You sly bastard.” I whispered to myself.

Kai and Kyungsoo exchanged phone numbers and Kyungsoo was smiling from ear to ear. After Baekhyun received a text back from Lay, asking if he could bring someone along with him, we all left the park agreeing to meet again later at Kai’s house. Kyungsoo and I were walking back to Kyungsoo’s house when I heard him giggling to himself.

“What’s up with you? Why are you so happy?” I asked him.

“Tao, I think I’m in love.”

A/N-

Thank you for reading my new fanfic. I'm really excited to write this and I already have so many subscribers! I was really happy to see you all reading it! I hope that you will continue to support it! I will see you soon with a new chapter!