Monday Meetings

It Only Goes On From Here

Kris' Point of View-

 

“Yifan! Wake up! It’s already 7:30!” I woke up to Jongin, also known as Kai, trying to wake me up.

“Jongin! You know I hate Mondays! Don’t yell at me first thing in the morning, unless you have a death wish!” I yelled back at him.

“Yah! If you can yell at me, then why can’t I yell?” He asked slightly annoyed.

“Because I’m your boss and I can fire your in less than a minute.” I said and sat up in my bed.

“You wouldn’t do that.” Jongin said and walked over to the door. “I’m going to tell the chef to start breakfast. Do you want coffee now or later?”

“Later.” I said and got out of bed.

I hate Mondays so much. The early meetings every Monday don’t help either. Why couldn’t they be on Wednesday or even Thursday. I went into the bathroom and took off my clothes before hopping into the shower. I quickly finished the shower and got ready for the day. I went downstairs to find the chef placing several dishes on the table and then going to get us our cups of coffee. Jongin was sitting in his spot at the table, talking to someone on his phone. Hearing the conversation, I assumed it was Joonmyeon, who was one of the guys I work with and is a close friend of mine and Jongin’s.

“Hey, Yifan, do you want to talk to Suho?” Jongin asked and held the phone toward me. I took the phone and brought it to my ear.

“Joonmyeon...same time, same place.” I said before ending the call and handing it back to Jongin.

Jongin looked up at me with a suspicious look.

“What?” I asked and flicked his forehead.

“You’re going to that club again? Aren’t you getting bored of going there all the time?” He asked as he rubbed his forehead.

“The guys like it there and it’s not that bad there. A lot of attractive people there.” I said and sat down at the table.

Jongin clicked his tongue with a disgusted look on his face. We then ate our breakfast while going over my schedule for the next few days. Monday meeting like every week plus a few meetings with clients throughout the week. Even if I have nothing to do on a day, I still have to go to work. My father who is the CEO and owner of this company is very strict and controlling toward me. but not anyone else. To everyone else, he is the nicest guy to be around. I’m his only son along with my older sister, Meili. She is married and has a 2 year old son. My parents always spoiled her and treated me like an outcast or a slave.

“Yifan! You’re late!” My father said when Jongin and I arrived at the office for the meeting.

“I’m late every week.” I said and sat down in my seat.

“The heir to my company should not have such an attitude.” He said, folding his arms while leaning back in his chair.

“Well, shall we start the meeting?” One of the other men said.

About an hour or so later of boring statistics and ideas. I was finally able to leave. As I went to leave, my father called over to me. He asked me to follow him to his office. Knowing what was about to happen, I did as he asked. It was quite as we headed up to the 70th floor.

When we finally got to his office, my mother, who is my father’s secretary, was there sitting at her desk. They seemed like they had something very serious to talk about. I didn’t want to be there at all, and being alone with my parents didn’t mean anything good. I felt my phone ring in my pocket as I sat down in the seat in front of my father’s desk. I took my phone out to see who was calling. Jongdae’s name showed up on the screen. After rejecting the call, I placed the back in my pocket.

“Who was that?” My mother asked as she went and stood behind my father.

“No one.” I answered.

“Well, your mother and I need to talk to you.” My father said and handed my a manilla folder.

“What is this?” I asked and opened the folder. Pictures of girls and descriptions were inside.

“We want you to choose a girl that you could marry. Hopefully by the end of this month.” He said.

“No thanks.” I said and placed the folder back on his desk.

“Unless you find someone you want to marry in the next month, you have no choice. At least pick someone.” My father pushed the folder back toward me.

I sighed and picked the folder up. I got up and left his office. While I was in the elevator going to my office on the 40th floor, I pulled out my phone and dialed Jongdae’s number. The phone rang a couple of times until someone answered the phone.

“Hello?” A guy’s voice said from the other line.

“Who is this?” I asked, not recognizing the voice.

“Who is this?” The guy repeated.

“I’m looking for Jongdae.” I stated.

“Jongdae?...Oh you mean Chen?”

“Yeah, is he there?” I asked, feeling slightly annoyed.

“Is this Kris?” The guy asked.

“Yes.”

“Chen wanted me to tell you same time, same place. What ever that means.” The man said.

I then hung up and put my phone in my pocket. Just then the elevator arrived at the 40th floor. When the doors opened, I stepped out and headed toward my office. Jongin was sitting at his desk outside my office, talking to Chanyeol and Sehun.

Chanyeol is another person I work with and is also a childhood friend of mine. When I moved to Seoul my first year in high school, he was my first friend along with Jongin. Sehun is the son of a business partner and decided to come work for us. They follow me around a lot and it can be really annoying, but they are a fun group to be with. Sehun is the youngest of us, even though he is the same age as Jongin. He just turned 21 in April. He thinks he is an adult, but still acts like a kid.

“Hey Kris.” Sehun said waving at me.

“Hey.” I said and walked into my office.

I placed the folder in a drawer and sat down at my desk. Thinking about what my father said months ago, it made me mad. “You can’t get company until you get married.” I don’t want to get want to get married. A lot of my friends say I’m still upset about my first love, but I can barely remember that guy. I fell in love with this guy when I ran into  him in the library my first year of high school. The typical dropping my books and he helped me pick them up. He noticed that I was advanced classes and asked if I could help him with some math homework. After that I started helping him everyday after school. One thing lead to another and we dated for almost a year. The day of our one year anniversary, he broke up with me and disappeared with no traces.

“Yifan, want to go now?” Jongin asked as he opened the door, bringing me out of my thoughts.

“Get the car ready.” I said and stood up from my chair.

I left my office with Jongin and headed downstairs. Jongin went to get the car while I waited at the entrance, because it was starting to rain. Chanyeol and Sehun came down also and waited with me. They usually go to the club with us every Friday but they seemed to be done early today, so they decided to come along also. We all got into the car when Jongin pulled up and headed toward the usual club. We go to this club every Monday and Friday, and once in a while a couple other times throughout the week.

“We’re here!” Sehun said excited and got out of the car along with the rest of us.

“You seem excited.” Jongin said as we walked up to the entrance.

“I have a feeling I’m going to score one tonight.” He said causing me to roll my eyes.

I’m not the type to care much about things like that. I mean I do sometimes, but today was definitely not one of those days. I just wanted something to drink and soon.

We walked inside and was greeted by one of the managers of the club and was shown to our room. The rest of the group were already there and Jongdae was already making out with a rather cute girl. Joonmyeon greeted us as we entered the room. Sehun and Chanyeol sat down with him and started asking him if there were any cute girls and/or guys there today. I sat down with Jongin as far away as I could to them, not wanting to be involved with that. Jongin called over a waiter and started to order our regular drinks.

“A Red Sangria, and an Apple Martini, please.” He said and the waiter wrote down the orders.

“A Blue Lagoon, instead of the Sangria.” I said changing the order.

“What? You always drink Red Sangrias. Are you okay?” He asked surprised by the change.

“I’m fine.” I said and sent the waiter away.

The waiter came back with our drinks a few minutes later. He placed the bright blue drink in front of me and the green one in front of Jongin. I took a sip of my drink and was surprised by the taste. Jongin was staring at me as I took another sip.

“How is it?” He asked.

“Fine.” I answered

“Just fine?” He asked trying to get me to talk to him more.

I didn’t want to tell him that I could easily drink this until I passed out drunk because it was so good, which I was truthfully thinking. I simply nodded my head and went back to drinking the drink.

After about an hour or two, and about 4 more glasses of the drink, I could tell I was starting to get a little ditzy. I decided to tell Jongin that it was time to leave, since he was pretty much bored out of his mind watching his best friend drink a lot and his other friends either making out with someone or at least looking for someone to. We left without anyone noticing and began to head home.

We were almost to the house when Jongin stopped the car all of a sudden and backed up. Lucky it wasn’t very busy and were weren’t any other cars on the road. He stopped the car and got out. Following him, I got out of the car and walked in the direction he went. Jongin crouched down by the side of the road. I went and looked to where he was, only to find someone lying there.

A/N-

Thank you for reading my new fanfic, this is only the beginning of a long journey. I have a lot planned out for it. I will warn you that I'm also writing another fanfic at the same time, so please don't get upset if I don't update all the time. Writing to stories at once takes time. So please check out my other story, "The King". It is a GTop fanfic and I think it is rather good. I hope you will too. Please feel free to comment and subscribe. You will not regret it. See you again soon!