The Starters

PHOBIA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The Starters[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]It’s the day, the twins thought. Waking up at the same time, they were presented with the sound of snores from the above, indicating the two boys are not yet awake. Baekhyun look at the clock on the wall – 7.00 a.m – and class doesn’t start until 8. Sensing that his twin brother is also awake, Baekhyun opted to get up and make his bed, ready to refresh himself for his first day. Waddle onto the door with his toiletries, Kyungsoo was quick to follow, not wanting to go to the bathroom alone.

               There are not much people in the bathroom since it’s still early and the students tend to wake up at 7.30 a.m. They got staring and heard murmurs here and there but they ignore it and continue their morning routine as usual. A few friendlier students did make an effort approaching them and Baekhyun doesn’t have any problem with that. “So, you are the new student right?” A boy – that look quite pretty – ask Baekhyun when he was waiting for Kyungsoo to get done. Baekhyun smiles at him and nodded. “I thought you came here with your twin?” The boy asked back. “I am. He’s in the shower room and I’m waiting for him to be done.” He said back, accepting the extended hand given by the previous boy. “Oh, I totally forgot to introduce myself. I’m Luhan and you must be Kyungsoo?”

               “Nope, I’m Baekhyun. Kyungsoo’s showering.” Luhan apologized for his confusion and seconds later, Kyungsoo came back ready with his uniform. They bid goodbyes to each other and walk back to their room only to see their roommates are still not awake. “Do we wake them up?” Kyungsoo asked and Baekhyun wanted to wake them up but not many people like to be awaken in the morning. Before they could make their decision, the door burst open with Jongdae walking in, smiling to them but he didn’t approach them. Instead, Jongdae went straight to the bed-stairs with a pillow in hand. What he did next shocked the twin brothers.

               “Wake up you dumb ! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! You are going to be late again and I’m not saving your assess this time.” Jongdae hit the pillow – undoubtedly on Jongin’s and Chanyeol’s face – repeatedly until the two students woke up. “I’m up! I’m up!” Chanyeol groan when the hitting didn’t stop even though he’s very much awake. After a few more hit, Jongdae stop and smiles towards the still sleepy students, “Good. I’m expecting you guys to show the twins their classes today.” Chanyeol and Jongin ear pick up at the sound of ‘the twins’ and give a dumbfounded look to Jongdae. “We are?” Jongin asked only to be answer with another pillow straight to his face.

               “I’m so sorry I couldn’t show you your classes today since the debate are this afternoon and I need to get ready for it. Will you guys be okay if Jongin and Chanyeol do the job instead of me?” Before the twins are able to give any answer, the door to their room burst open – once again – revealing Luhan with his charming smiles. “I’ll do it Jongdae. Leave them to me.” Jongdae brighten up at Luhan’s words and went to hug the older. “Thank you hyung! Thank you! Junmyeon is so gonna love you!” Jongdae sent a glare towards Jongin and Chanyeol that says – you better go shower now before you’ll be late – and the two scramble around towards the bathroom.

               Luhan smiles at them, asking them whether they are ready for their first day. Taking their bags and books that they got during their arrival, Luhan look at the twins schedule and gasp, “Oh you guys have the same classes!” in which the twins only brighten their smiles. “We’ll eat breakfast first – because your brother wanted to make sure that you have proper meal before school started – and then I’ll show you your classes.” They walk down to the dining room, looking at the not so crowded room since it was still early. Luhan show them around, leading them to the food section where different kind of food was prepared for the students. “This is where your card is going to be useful. You need to have that card with you all day, even if it’s not on school time. You scan your card at the scanner and then you are ready to go. Pick whatever food you want. Your parents paid for that all.”

               Luhan explained to them how the school systems work. After taking their own portion of breakfast – Luhan plate was full with scramble eggs and bacon, Baekhyun’s take the cereal while Kyungsoo decided to eat toasted bread – they sit at a table near the door. Once seated, Luhan started to eat his breakfast rather fast while the twins eat it slowly. They don’t understand how someone as small as Luhan were able to eat his food fast. When he was done, Luhan smile at them before started talking again. “I’m going to explain a few more about the school’s system. First, the card which is known as your ID card or student card will be your access to almost everything. This card even though some school didn’t take serious about it actually is very important in this school ground. You can’t eat without it, you can’t enter the library without it, you can’t enter the labs without it and to simplify, you can’t do anything without it. This is your access to everywhere. When you scan this to anywhere you go, the security will be able to track you down – in case if you went missing and your roommates make a fuss on your absent.”

               “Next would be your attendance on every class. Your attendance is going to be reported to the school’s president - your brother – and if you missed any class more than 3 days without reasons – let it be lame or not – you will be given warning letter and if there is no action being done, you can be expel out of school. Principal Minwoo might be the leader but here, Junmyeon’s word is law. Also like other school, this school full of es that are the self-proclaimed Queenkas and mark my word boys – they are the es among the extreme es. No one like them but no one wanted to deal with them. Normally when there are Queenka, there will be the Kingkas. In here, the Kingkas are not – I remind you – they are not associated at all with the Queenka. Where the Queenka are full with bimbo that is not only stupid but decided to go around the school with paint all over their face, the Kingkas are actually those who have brain. The only reason why those girls are still on school ground is because of their family wealth. You have money but no brain, you stay and also because their parents are former students who actually have brain. Unfortunately, their daughter doesn’t have that gene. You will have no problem determining which one are these Queenka because they are the only one with thick make up like a paint. No one else wear like that. As for these Kingkas, you don’t have to know – only know that they won’t bring you any trouble.”

               Luhan let out a sigh when he saw the twins look at him with wide eyes. And then he claps, indicating it’s time to go to their first class. On their way there, many students greeted Luhan even though they look at the twins with weird expression. Right when the bell rings, they had made it to the twins’ first class. Luhan knock on the door before he open it, showing a tall man who both brothers assume to be the teacher. “Oh Luhan, what can I help you?” Luhan enter the room, waving his hand towards the twins to follow. He whispers something to the teacher before the teacher nodded and Luhan turn to leave. “I’ll wait for you outside once the class ended” he whispers and then he’s gone.

               “Alright class, listen up. We have two new students today. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, please introduce yourself.” The teacher said to them. Baekhyun had no problem at all in introducing himself but Kyungsoo stutter a bit but all in all, the introduction went well. However, there are not empty sit that they could be place in pair. That meant they needed to be separated. Baekhyun look around and spotted a familiar space – Sehun – with an empty beside him. He turn to the teacher –Mr Choi – to ask if Kyungsoo can sit there while he sit on the empty chair a few rows behind Kyungsoo. Mr Choi called out Sehun’s name and asked Kyungsoo to go sit on the space next to him. “You’ll be fine” Baekhyun had whipered to him when they went to their respective sit. Once seated, Kyungsoo look at the person next to him and let out a small whimper when Sehun’s gaze pierce him.

               “Alright class, let me introduce myself once again even though it’s already near the end of the semester but since we have newcomers here, it’s my pleasure to introduce myself. My name is Choi Siwon, the students call me Mr Choi and I am you homeroom teacher. I will be teaching you guys your physical education which we have one today, at the end of the day. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, did you take your PE uniform yet?” Baekhyun nodded at the question and then the door to their class open, a teacher that is rather short but still beautiful enters. Mr Choi exchange smiles and greeting with the new teacher before reminding his students to not be late for their PE session. The new teacher then introduces herself as Miss Kwon and the lesson for the day started with Biology class. It was rather fascinating for the students in the class to see the major differences between the twins. Where Baekhyun doesn’t stop himself from answering Miss Kwon’s questions, even when he didn’t really look at the whiteboard, Kyungsoo on the other hand didn’t really speak in the class. Where Baekhyun participated in the class talk in Mr Shim class right after Miss Kwon’s class, Kyungsoo seems reluctant to open his mouth. By the end of the half day, it seems Baekhyun really have warmed up to his new classmates. They bid the twins goodbye and move for their lunch.

               Luhan waited for them at the door to bring the twins to their lunch. “So, how’s first day?” Baekhyun smile happily while Kyungsoo groan. Taking their food and sitting at a table, Baekhyun started to tell the older on what happen in the class. “Because there are no two empty sit that is paired, I ask Kyungsoo to sit next to Sehun since he’s the only person that I recognize in the class but Kyungie got scared because Sehun doesn’t smile.”

               “Who did you end up sitting with?” Luhan asked back to Baekhyun where the latter smile and said, “Myungsoo. He’s a nice guy. He helps me a lot and we actually talk a lot and it was fun knowing him. He got mad when other students asked me a lot of questions.” Baekhyun chuckle while he told Luhan more about the teachers and the students. It was then that Luhan spotted the expressionless man entering the cafeteria. “Sehun!” and the said student look at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter