Catch

Between the Lines

Seulgi doesn't always need to stare at Irene, she has the girl's image ingrained in her mind like a permanent mark. Which lip corner would curve first every time Irene would smile, how her eyes would be full of affection when she pays attention. She would memorize Irene's every line and curve if she could. She can sketch her effortlessly, but Seulgi kept those sketches to herself. Irene doesn't need to see.

 

Irene is glad she's not caught stealing glances because she can just blatantly stare most of the time and the girl would be 96% clueless, just like right now, as Seulgi is looking dazed again.  Laughing last at the joke? Check. Late reactions? Check. Maybe, Seulgi doesn't see her at all.

 

Irene would find herself smiling at every little thing Seulgi does, Seulgi would be goofing around or be serious and she would still find it cute. Seulgi doesn't mind that Irene would sometimes resort to violence, and she would just smile, because nothing is ever more beautiful than seeing Irene happy.

 

Seulgi would not question herself if she would put up a gallery of Irene's face in all angles. Irene would not question herself why she filled her diary pages and mind maps of a bear not dissimilar to what Seulgi has in her autograph.

 

Seulgi thinks Irene is a bit of a klutz. No, Irene is a klutz. Usually when Irene trips, Wendy would catch her. All the time. Seulgi would only notice by the time Wendy is already helping Irene back to her feet. Or, when Irene would already be wearing her usual apologetic smile at her clumsiness.

 

Irene wishes Seulgi would catch her, Seulgi wishes Irene would be more careful.

 

Seulgi wishes she'd be the one to catch her, but Irene already fell carelessly...

 

 

...and Seulgi finds herself falling without a warning too