Together, Forever

The Final Lullaby (4th Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

The whole room was filled with low murmurs at Soo-Jin’s words. But none were more shocked than Ji Yong and Lia.

“W — what?” Ji Yong stammered.

No,” Lia hissed furiously.

The priest looked confused, like the people did in the room. What’s going to happen now that she said no?

Mir glanced over at Seung Ri, who didn’t look surprised, and knew that he and Soo-Jin had planned it. That was why Seung Ri had that talk with her.

Soo-Jin turned back to Ji Yong and smiled sadly at him. “I’m sorry,” she said. She paused. “No, actually I’m not sorry that I said that. I’m not going to marry someone who doesn’t belong to me.”

Ji Yong shook his head in confusion. “What are you talking about?” Soo-Jin turned to Lia and he followed her gaze. When he saw her sitting so beautifully in that white dress, he felt his heart thumping wildly. He turned back to Soo-Jin who had a knowing look on her face. “I still don’t get it,” he said even though he might have an idea.

“Seung Ri and I talked about it yesterday,” she told him, “and we both thought that it is only right if you marry Lia, not me. Ji Yong, it’s always going to be her. No matter how much you love me, you’re always going to love Lia a lot more and if you marry me, you’re going to regret it.”

Everyone was now craning their necks to take a good look at Lia who was wishing she could just disappear. But to her utter horror, the boys of MBLAQ pulled her up to the aisle to stand next to Ji Yong.

Soo-Jin smiled and hugged her. “You take care of Ji Yong, arra?” she said to the younger girl. “He’s all yours.” She began to walk away when Lia pulled her back.

“Unnie, are you sure about this?” she asked hesitantly. “I mean, I’m not saying I don’t want to, but it’s supposed to be your wedding, not mine.”

But Soo-Jin nodded and smiled warmly at her. “I’m very sure,” she replied firmly. “You two are meant to be with each other after all.” She gave a little laugh. “You’re dressed for the occasion too.”

Lia turned to look at Seung Ri who nodded encouragingly at her before turning back to the man she loves. Her heart was thumping. Soo-Jin walked down and sat down on the empty seat next to Mir like nothing had happened and it was Lia and Ji Yong who were getting married instead of Soo-Jin and Ji Yong.

The priest paused for a moment before he cleared his throat, “Well, then it seems like we are gathered here today to bring Kwon Ji Yong and, er . . .”

“Ophelia Choi Jun Mei,” Lia supplied for him.

He shot her a grateful look as he went on, “. . . and Ophelia Choi Jun Mei together as one. Now, the rings please.”

Tae Yang was beaming as he handed the rings to them. He was actually laughing as he handed the rings to Ji Yong.

Ji Yong’s eyes went wide. “You didn’t!” he exclaimed.

Lia frowned in confusion. “What is it?” she asked.

Ji Yong smiled brightly, turning to her. “Do you remember the day I asked you to be my girlfriend?”

She had a bemused expression on her face. “Of course. I’d never forget that day.”

“Well, that day I was searching around for something to get for you with Young Bae,” he went on, “before I found the bracelets. The two of us went to a jewelry shop and I found this two rings.” He gestured toward the rings on the pillow. “I had jokingly told him that if you and I ever get married, they were going to be our rings.” He turned to Young Bae with a look of amusement. “How did you know we were going to get married?”

He shrugged. “I didn’t. But Maknae and Soo-Jin told me to get it,” he explained.

Ji Yong and Lia turned to Seung Ri and Soo-Jin who waved their arms, motioning for them to stop leaving everyone in suspense and just get married already. They laughed as they slipped the rings on each other’s fingers.

“Please exchange your vows,” the priest said.

Ji Yong turned to Lia, his eyes gleaming with happiness. “Lia, I cannot begin to say just how happy I feel right now, being here with you,” he confessed. “When I first you at the park four years ago, I knew you were different from all of the other girls. You treated me the way I wanted to be treated — like a normal human being and not a celebrity. I’m sorry for all the times I was stupid enough to hurt you. Losing you to Maknae was painful, I felt like I died. So, Lia, as we stand here today, I promise you that I will always love you and I will be with you no matter what life brings us. I will be a good husband, a best friend and a good father. I will protect you and I will cherish this amazing love that we have.”

Soo-Jin, Minzy, CL, Dara and Bom squealed in delight, not being able to contain themselves from the joy they were bottling up inside. Dae Sung did a little dance, and Seung Ri just gave him a weird look so he stopped.

Ji Yong’s parents were crying. Lia’s parents, who came to the wedding because they knew Ji Yong, were crying as well. They were so happy to see their kids get married to one another.

All of a sudden three loud shrieks echoed the hall and everyone turned to see the three smiling triplets when they spotted their mom on the aisle.

“Awww, so cute,” one aunty commented and TOP, Dae Sung and Seung Ri immediately shushed them so the wedding may continue on without any disturbance.

“Lia, your vows, please,” the priest said.

Lia smiled at her handsome boyfriend, tears flowing down her face. “I love you, Ji Oppa,” she said and a couple of girls sighed dreamily. “I’ve always had ever since I first found out about Big Bang. When I went on a date with you, I was exhilarated! I never thought I’d get to have a chance to go on a date with my favorite celebrity crush, much less having him feel the same way about me. I love you so much it hurts yet I am happy. I’m happy to be with you. I promise that I’ll listen and understand before jumping to conclusion and I will be totally supportive of Big Bang — like I’ve always had — and I would be a good wife, a best friend and a good mother too. I’ll be patient and I’ll never look at another man as long as I’m with you.”

“Yaaayy!!” Minzy burst out.

“Shhh!” CL shushed her.

As they were exchanging their vows, Seung Ri and Soo-Jin smiled at each other. Their plan worked! Even though they were sad that they were giving up on the ones they loved, they knew it would be okay because eventually they too would find their significant ones. Mir was feeling a little sad but he knew it was for the best. The others like TOP, Dae Sung, Seung Ri, the other MBLAQ members, Se7en, the whole of YG Family and everyone else who knew how much they loved each other were over the top as they watched their favorite couple get married on such a happy day.

“Do you, Kwon Ji Yong, take Ophelia Choi Jun Mei to be you lawful and wedded wife?” the priest asked.

“I do,” Ji Yong said, loud and clear. He took her hands in his and he beamed at her. He just wanted to kiss her right now and then. He was so happy to be marrying the girl he loves so much, so dearly.

“And do you, Ophelia Choi Jun Mei, take Kwon Ji Yong to be your lawful and wedded husband?” the priest asked Lia.

She didn’t hesitate. “I do,” she said happily and Big Bang, MBLAQ, YG Family and BEAST all cheered for them.

Ji Yong shifted. He pulled her closer so her whole body was pressed against him. He put a hand on her head and pulled it closer, tucking her head under his chin. Lia could feel the soft, warm breath of his on her hair.

She closed her eyes, wanting to savor the moment.

Seung Ri had been right. No matter what happened, she will always be in love with Ji Yong. It will always be Ji Yong who is the one she always turn to and trust the most. No way would anyone ever understand it. All she knew was that this was the boy she was destined to marry. Her life had started the day she met him, she could be nothing without Ji Yong. He was her life, her soul, everything she needed and ever would need.

“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

“Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!” BEAST, MBLAQ, 2NE1, Soo-Jin, Dae Sung, TOP and Seung Ri chanted, making the entire room chanting along as well. “Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!”

They turned to each other, smiling. The moment their eyes met, something clicked inside and they finally realized that they were meant for each other. They would always be there for each other. They trust each other the most. They knew each other inside out. They were happy just by being with each other. They were in love with one another.

At that moment, Ji Yong leaned forward. Their lips met. He put one hand behind her neck and the other on one on her waist. He kissed her slowly. Lia responded, putting her arms around his neck. Ji Yong pulled her closer to him. His fingers entwined themselves into her hair, securing her face to his. Her arms locked behind his hair. One hand slid down her back, pressing her tighter against his chest. He kissed her slowly it was almost a torture. The kiss burned through Lia’s skin as he kissed her deeply, but slowly.

After what seemed like eternity, they finally pulled apart and everyone cheered even louder for them. They smiled at one another as Ji Yong leaned in for another kiss. Lia’s eyes closed, her heart fluttering as their lips met again.

They were finally together, forever.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Ji Yong and Lia fans: yaaaayyy, they're together! (:

To Seung Ri and Lia fans: I'M SORRY! *bows* I HAD to put Ji Yong and Lia back together. i love Ji Yong too much >.<