I Have a New Unnie and Her Name is Soo-Jin

The Final Lullaby (4th Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

Ji Yong went out on more dates with the mysterious girl. Lia didn’t like it but she had to hide it because he deserved happiness and she has no rights whatsoever to take that away from him. She was with Seung Ri now. She had to keep reminding herself that. Eventually it began to work so whenever he went out on dates she was able to smile brightly at him.

One day Lia was lazing around in the living room, having a BEAST music video marathon. TOP and Seung Ri were buying baby supplies. Tae Yang and Dae Sung were at YG, getting some practice done. Ji Yong, of course, was out on a date. Poor Lia was stuck at home with only the dogs to keep her company.

She was watching Fiction when the front door burst open and Ji Yong came in, holding hands with a beautiful girl.

“Oh, Ji, really?” the girl giggled.

“Yes,” he replied seductively and pulled her in the direction of his room when the two of them spotted Lia. “Lia!” he exclaimed in a nervous tone.

Lia glanced enviously at the girl. She was tall, brunette, and had beautiful features. If she was herself, Lia was plain compared to her. But since she was pregnant, she looked fat and stubby if she stood next to this beautiful girl. “Hi,” she said flatly.

“Hi,” the beautiful girl greeted her shyly.

“Err, Lia, this is Park Soo-Jin, the girl I’ve been dating,” Ji Yong said in a rush, “Or rather . . . my girlfriend.”

Lia raised an eyebrow. “Oh?”

But he went on hastily before she could say anymore. “Soo-Jin, this is Lia, Seunghyun Hyung’s little sister and Maknae’s girlfriend.” Turning back to Lia, he asked, “Lia, where is everyone?”

“Out.” She looked at the girl. “So, I finally get to meet the girl you’ve been dating, huh?” she said.

Ji Yong gulped.

Soo-Jin glanced at her belly and quickly looked away. “Nice to finally meet you, Lia,” she said warmly. “Ji Yong talked a lot about you. Like, all the time.”

She said it in a friendly way and Lia can’t help but like her in an instant. She smiled back. “Ji Oppa talks a lot about you too, except he’s never mentioned your name. Just how great and hot and pretty and how awesome you are,” she replied.

Ji Yong blushed. “Can it,” he mumbled. He shifted uncomfortably.

Soo-Jin giggled. “Aww, is Yongie feeling embarrassed?” she cooed.

Lia had been taking a sip of water but then she coughed, choking on the water. “Yongie?” she gasped. She began to crack up.

Ji Yong blushed even deeper. “Soo-Jin, let’s go to my room,” he muttered, taking her hand and tugging it.

“Bwoh?” Soo-Jin shook her head with a smile. “No, I want to get to know Lia more.” She smoothly walked over to Lia and sat down on the couch opposite of her.

Ji Yong had no choice but to follow. He sat down next to Soo-Jin and put his arms around her shoulder. “What do you girls want to talk about?” he asked warily.

But Soo-Jin just gave him a blank look. “You do know that I meant I want a girl talk with Lia?”

“Eh . . .”

Lia laughed at Ji Yong’s scared and helpless face. “Oh, do go away, Yongie oppa,” she teased and he made a face at her. She decided to play along. “We’ll call you when we are done with our talk.”

Ji Yong sighed and walked inside his room. He decided he was going to leave his bedroom door slightly ajar so he could eavesdrop on the conversation between his current girlfriend and his ex-girlfriend.

“No eavesdropping,” the two girls called out as if they could read his mind.

“Awww, man!” he groaned, closing the door completely. Too bad the door was quite soundproof so their voices would be muffled through the door.

Outside the two girls giggled as Soo-Jin turned back Lia. “So, I hope you don’t mind me dating Ji Yong,” she started. “I know for a fact that you guys used to be serious for one another. He, er, told me everything.”

Lia shrugged sadly. “Used to, but now I’m with Maknae Oppa,” she replied. “You seem happy with him.”

Soo-Jin nodded. “It’s too early to tell if I love him, but I do know that I really like him. He makes me feel special. He’s really sweet. But you probably already knew that, right?”

“Ji Oppa is my best friend,” she said softly. “I know he had a tough time, trying to pretend that everything’s okay when he was obviously jealous that Maknae Oppa is the father of my baby. I could see the effort he was trying to put in for our sake and I really admire him for that,” she went on. She laughed a little laugh. “Heck, he’s a really great guy and what we had was special but that’s all it’ll ever going to be now . . . just memories.”

Soo-Jin nodded. “Look, I just want to tell you that I really like him a lot and I hope you won’t hate me. In fact, I’d really like to be your good friend. Maybe . . . even a big sister?”

“I won’t lie to you Soo-Jin-ssi,” Lia spoke up. “I still have feelings strong feelings for him but he deserves his happiness. And lately, he looked so happy whenever he comes home from a date with you. I won’t rid him of that. No, I’d hurt him enough. And honestly, I was jealous at first. But hey, at least he’s happy.” She smiled at Ji Yong’s new girlfriend. “And a big sister would be good,” she added quietly. “Soo-Jin Unnie.”

Soo-Jin smiled.

“So, um, Yongie? Seriously?”

She laughed. “He hates it. I call him that just to get on his nerves.”

Lia snickered. “This is so going to be my new nickname for him, man,” she laughed.

“How far are you anyway?” Soo-Jin asked Lia curiously.

“Er, eight months,” she replied. She sighed. “I am already dreading next month. It’s going to be a pain.” She pulled a face.

Soo-Jin smiled. “Wow, you’re so big!” she exclaimed. “I bet Seung Ri is happy.”

Lia rolled her eyes. “Aish, that guy,” she grumbled under her breath and Soo-Jin had to laugh. She smiled as well. “He takes such good care of me. I’m really lucky to have him.”

“Tell me more about the rest of Big Bang. I don’t really know you guys all that well.”

She thought about it. “Well, Dae Oppa is the joke of Big Bang.” She laughed, realizing what she had said. “I don’t mean it that way!” she cried out.

Soo-Jin laughed at her pun. “Good one,” she said.

After they had calmed down, Lia went on to described her brother, “My brother, or TOP, can be very funny and hilarious. Actually, he’s the oldest among all of us yet he is the one who acts the most childish.” She sighed, shaking her head. “I can’t believe I share the same blood with him.” She grinned cheekily at Soo-Jin. “Then Bae Oppa is definitely the kind and most probably the sanest one among the six of us.” She giggled.

Soo-Jin wasn’t surprised to hear that. She may not know them personally but she has read about them through the internet enough to know that they are the crazy bunch of people. But then again, everyone is crazy when they’re among the people they feel comfortable with. “And lastly, your boyfriend,” she said.

Lia blushed at the mention of him. “Ah, the maknae of the group,” she said. “Well . . .”

Soo-Jin cracked up. “You don’t know how to describe him without being bias, can you? I understand.”

She nodded. “Okay, well . . . he’s cute, he’s nice, he’s funny, sweet, handsome, gorgeous, and he’s really . . .” She trailed off. “Okay, he does get on my nerves at times when he . . . aaarrrgghhh!” She tried to think of something he does that ticks her off but she came up blank.

Soo-Jin laughed again. “I guess I’ll just have to judge for myself when I see him, eh?”

Lia laughed as well. “Yeah, I guess.”

Just then the door opened and Seung Ri and TOP entered. They stopped short when they saw Soo-Jin. “Uh, hi.”

Lia smiled. “Hey, you guys, this is Soo-Jin, Ji Yong Oppa’s girlfriend.” Her smile quickly faded away, replaced by a horrorstruck face. She looked at Soo-Jin who had the expression. They burst into laughter as Soo-Jin ran to her boyfriend’s room, knocking on the door.

“Omo, Ji Oppa, I’m so sorry!” Lia giggled. “We totally forgot about you.”

Ji Yong came out, looking a bit grumpy. “How dare you guys!” he cried. “Do you know how scared I was, sitting inside, waiting for you to let me out, thinking that something will go wrong?” he scolded them.

Soo-Jin kissed him lightly on the lips. “Lia and I were getting along quite well, actually,” she replied. “There’s nothing for you to worry about.”

Seung Ri and TOP had looks of confusion. Lia turned to them and giggled. “Seriously, this is his girlfriend.”

They nodded. “Hi,” they said awkwardly.

Soo-Jin smiled. “Annyeong, I’m Soo-Jin,” she said warmly.

The boys immediately relaxed and they all sat down around the couch.

“Oh, Lia, this is for you,” Seung Ri said, holding out two envelopes to her.

Lia frowned. “What?” she said taking them from him. She turned them each over. “There’s no return address on either of them. And it has my name and the name of the apartment but no apartment number.”

TOP shrugged. “We were coming up to the apartment when we saw a postman looking at our letterboxes. He explained to us that he had a letter to deliver here but since there was no number of our apartment written on it, he didn’t know what he should do.”

Seung Ri nodded. “He showed us the letter and we saw your name,” he added. “We told him that we know you so he gave it to us and went off.”

Lia was even more confused. “Well, it is definitely not any of my friends,” she said.

Just then Dae Sung and Tae Yang came in and the same thing began when they saw Soo-Jin. After the explanations and introductions, Dae Sung handed another envelope to Lia. “For you,” he said and told the same story TOP and Seung Ri told.

“This is really weird,” Ji Yong commented. “How come Lia gets three letters, with only her name and the name of this apartment, but no apartment number and no return address? This isn’t right. I have a bad feeling about it.”

“What’s more is that each envelope looks slightly different,” Soo-Jin pointed out. “One is plain white, one is brown and the other has the blue and red corner design.”

“Open it up,” Seung Ri said. “Hyung tried to open it but I snatched it away from him. Invasion of privacy.” He glared at his hyung.

“It could be dangerous!” TOP defended.

Lia ignored her brother and opened the white envelope. She took the letter out from it and quickly scanned the letter. Her eyes lit up. “OMO! I DON’T BELIEVE THIS!”