New Friends

The Final Lullaby (4th Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

The members of BEAST surrounded Lia and began to ask her all sorts of questions. She felt a little awkward, since the questions they were asking were about the babies and what is her relationship with Big Bang, how did she meet them and all.

Ji Yong noticed her discomfort and decided to help her out. “Hey, leave her some space to breathe,” he called out and they stopped with their interrogations. “One at a time.”

Lia gave him a grateful look as Seung Ri pulled her to him until she was in front of him.

“And,” TOP added with a serious look on his face, “whatever questions you ask her, do not reveal it to the media.” There were times like these when Lia is actually grateful that he is overprotective.

“Yes, sir!” Yoseob mocked saluted him and everyone laughed at his cuteness.

Lia sat back comfortably in Seung Ri’s arms as everyone got comfortable as well. Dae Sung, Tae Yang and TOP were holding Kwan Yong, Seunghyun and Eunhye in their arms. Seung Ri hugged her in his strong arms and she smiled, snuggling up to him. He kissed her cheeks and she smiled even wider. TOP looked up and smiled at the sight of them. They were so cute together. He glanced over Ji Yong, whose head was bent over, looking at his cell phone with a smile playing on his lips. TOP tittered lightly, knowing he was texting Soo-Jin. “Why don’t you ask her to come over?” he asked his leader.

Ji Yong looked up. “Huh?”

He gestured toward his phone. “You’re texting Soo-Jin, right?”

Lia leaned forward eagerly. “Yah! Call Soo-Jin Unnie over!” she pleaded.

He shrugged. “She’s working. But she said she’ll come over to the apartment tonight.”

“Yay!”

Tae Yang hid his face. “Aish, ugh, ugh,” he whined.

“What’s wrong with you?” Gikwang asked him, flicking him on his knee.

“Ow!” He looked up and pouted at him. He looked at Lia, Seung Ri and Ji Yong. “They’re so in love, it makes me feel left out because I am the only one who has never had a girlfriend before!”

“Choding,” Lia muttered under her breath and she felt Seung Ri’s chest rumble against her back as he let out a soft chuckle.

Dae Sung turned to BEAST. “So, what do you guys want to ask Lia?”

Doojoon turned to her. “How did you meet them?” he asked her curiously.

She shrugged. “Ah, one day my friends and I were walking down the park where Big Bang happened to be there on the same day. Later we met each other again at the aquarium. We introduced ourselves; Ji Oppa here invited me over to hang out with them the next day. And the rest was history.”

But Dae Sung shook his head. “She forgot about the bit where she and TOP hyung found out that they’re siblings.”

“Bwoh?” That caught everyone’s attention. They didn’t expect that.

BEAST looked at TOP expectantly. “Yeah, she is my little sister.” He then launched into the story of how he lost her and how they were reunited.

“Wait,” Yoseob frowned. “You said that Ji Yong Hyung and Lia went on a date, which is how you guys found out?”

TOP nodded.

“Then how come she’s with Seung Ri?”

Oops.

Big Bang and Lia exchanged glances with each other. Should they tell them the truth? It couldn’t hurt, especially since they already sort of know half of the story. So they might as well just tell them.

Five pairs of eyes turned to Ji Yong.

“Wae?” he pouted. They just looked at him. He sighed. “Okay, okay.” He turned to BEAST. “So, Lia and I dated for awhile. We fell in love and we eventually became an item. She lived in a different country back then so it was really hard, but we managed to pull through. Things got even better when she decided to stay with us permanently. So she left Melbourne and her friends and came down to live with us.”

“Kyaah, he’s making me sound selfish,” she muttered under her breath.

He glared at her. “Do you want to tell the story then?”

“Never mind. Carry on.”

“Aish, this girl ah.” He shook his head and continued, “So we were really happy. Then . . . because of a misunderstanding Lia and I broke up. By the time I realized what I’ve done, she was with Seung Ri.”

Junhyung looked at the triplets. “Er what about . . .?”

Ji Yong turned to Seung Ri. “Your turn,” he told the maknae.

He winced as all heads turned to him. “It’s pretty self-explanatory, right?” he asked, doing it the lazy way.

“Yah, that’s so not fair!” Ji Yong cried out.

He shrugged. “It’s not my fault you didn’t think of that.” He paused. “Wait, no. You can’t do it the lazy way.” He laughed.

“Sneaky,” Lia commented.

Gikwang looked at TOP who was holding Kwan Yong. “Can I hold your baby?” he asked, looking at Lia.

“Sure.” She nodded, smiling at him. Soon the other members of BEAST wanted to hold the triplets. The six of them cooed over them and took turns holding them.

“How old are you, Lia?” Hyunseung asked her, looking up from where he was holding little Eunhye.

“I’ll be turning nineteen in two months,” she replied.

“Can drive soon,” Doojoon noted.

She looked hopefully at TOP who sighed. “I hope she doesn’t wreck the car because I have a feeling it’s going to be me who buys it,” he muttered under her breath.

She beamed. “Awww!”

Seung Ri chuckled softly and she turned to him. He leaned down and kissed her on the lips. Everyone smiled. They looked so cute with each other.

Seung Ri wrapped his arms around Lia even tighter. “I love you,” he whispered into her ears. He kissed her earlobe.

Lia shuddered at the sensational feeling he was giving her. “Oppa . . .”

Just then one of the YG staff members came in and said, “Uh, Ji Yong-sshi, they’re here.”

“Sent them up.” Ji Yong’s smile widened and BEAST started to get up, giving Kwan Yong, Seunghyun and Eunhye back to Dae Sung, Tae Yang and TOP respectively.

“Arra, we gotta go,” Yoseob said. “Lia, I hope that we can be good friends.” He waved at her.

She waved back. “Annyeong!” Once they left, Lia turned to Seung Ri. “Who’s here?”

“Oh.” He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. “I think it’s MBLAQ. Ji Yong Hyung called them over so you can meet them.”

“Bwoh??” Lia looked at Ji Yong who smiled at her and nodded. She squealed, getting up. She ran to him and threw her arms around him tightly. “Gomawo, Ji Oppa!” she exclaimed.

“Heh.” He hugged her back.

There was a knock on the door and the members of MBLAQ entered the room, smiling as they greeted Big Bang. They spotted Lia who was still in between of Seung Ri. “Hi, are you Lia?” they asked.

She nodded.

Seung Ri sighed. “I’m guessing we’re going to have to explain the whole story, huh?” he muttered.

Lia looked up ruefully at him. “Sorry,” she whispered as MBLAQ sat down next to them.

He hugged her. “I don’t mind as long as you’re sitting here with me.”

She laughed. “ert.”

“So,” Mir, the maknae of MBLAQ, said and Lia turned to him, “I take it that Seung Ri-sshi is your boyfriend? Does this mean I can’t be your boyfriend?”

“Mir!” Seungho, the leader, chided.

“What?” Mir turned to him, his eyes wide with innocence.

Lia giggled like a fangirl, flattered that such a handsome guy would ask her if he could be her boyfriend. Seung Ri, however, did not find it funny that Mir was hitting on his girlfriend. Did their sitting position not make it clear that they were an item?

“Lia, you know who is who, right?” Dae Sung asked.

She nodded. She pointed to Seungho. “You are the leader, Seungho. Mir is the maknae and the main rapper.” She turned to a tall and dark-haired guy. “You are G.O, the main vocalist. Joon, the orange-red hair one, is another vocalist and the main dancer. Thunder is the one wearing the hat. He is the lead rapper.”

“Nice,” Joon said, impressed.

“Lia, what’s your story?” G.O asked her. He eyed the triplets.

“You’re telling them,” Dae Sung, Tae Yang, TOP, Ji Yong and Seung Ri all said at once.

She pouted. “Ditchers,” she muttered. But she told MBLAQ the same story what Ji Yong and Seung Ri told BEAST before. They listened to her quietly.

“Wow, that must have been a big change,” Thunder remarked. “Finding out TOP-sshi is your brother and everything.”

Lia nodded. She totally agreed with him. “I sometimes still can’t believe I live a life like this, but I guess I should be lucky. Not many girls get to hang around with idols.”

“Who’s your bias in MBLAQ?” Mir wanted to know.

She giggled, covering . “Er, you,” she said shyly.

He beamed. Because he was sitting next to her, he leaned forward and kissed her gently on the cheeks.

Seung Ri narrowed his eyes dangerously at the young boy. Do that again and I’m rearranging your face, he thought darkly.

Seungho and Joon exchanged glances. They saw the look Seung Ri gave Mir and they were scared he might have taken a step too far. Mir was always so playful but sometimes he didn’t know when to stop.

Lia began asking them some questions and they answered back. TOP sat back and relaxed, watching them. He smiled. Lia looked happy, being in Seung Ri’s arms, talking to another idol group apart from Big Bang, with Kwan Yong and Eunhye in her arms. He looked down at Seunghyun in his arms. They were like angels, the triplets.

Ji Yong wasn’t surprised at how easy it was for MBLAQ to warm up to Lia. They joked and laughed with her as though they’d known her forever. That’s the kind of impression Lia gives off whenever she meets new people.

After MBLAQ left (Lia and Mir exchanged numbers with each other, much to Seung Ri’s great dismay and horror), promising that they wouldn’t tell anyone about Lia, SHINee came in and the cycle began again.

It’s a perk, having a celebrity brother, to meet other idols.

Maybe next time she’ll meet Super Juniors, SNSD, and more to meet.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mian, I know, this chapter is boring. But don't worry. The next chapter will be better!