BEAST

The Final Lullaby (4th Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

 

Waaahhh!!!!”

“Whose turn is it?” Seung Ri mumbled. He looked at the clock and saw that it was two in the morning.

Lia groaned. She rolled over in her bed and poked him on the sides. “It’s your turn,” she muttered to him sleepily.

Sighing, he got up and walked over to the triplet’s cribs, where Kwan Yong was crying. He picked him up before he could wake his brother and sister. He cradled him. “Shhh,” he said, patting the baby, trying to get him back to sleep. He carried his son out to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of milk and gave it to him to drink.

“Waaaahhh!!!” a cry from inside the room, indicating that Seunghyun was awake.

Despite being so exhausted, Seung Ri had to smile. He waited patiently before Lia came out with Seunghyun in her arms. The two of them were so tired yet they didn’t mind having to wake up in the middle of the night to take care of their kids. They love them and they did not want to complain. Thank goodness Kwan Yong and Seunghyun are the ones who give them the most trouble. Eunhye is really quiet. At one month plus, the brothers proved to be really feisty while Eunhye was silent.

Lia looked at Seung Ri’s dark circles which made him look like a panda. “Hey, Panda, why don’t you go back to sleep?” she suggested. “You have a big day tomorrow and you’ll need a good rest.” Big Bang had a photo shoot tomorrow for a magazine.

“Are you sure? I mean, you’re stuck with these two monkeys.” He gestured to their sons and she nodded.

“You’re talking to a girl who had to take care of four dogs before she started to work,” Lia reminded him. She held out her hand to take Kwan Yong from his arms. “Go on. Go to sleep. You need it more than I do”

“All right. If you need any help, just call me. I’ll come and help you.” He handed Kwan Yong to her, kissing her on the forehead and went back to his room to sleep. But he went over to the crib to check on Eunhye, who was not disturbed by the sounds of her brothers’ cries. She’s a heavy sleeper, he thought as he gazed at her fondly, smiling to himself. She must have got it from Lia. He crawled back to bed and conked out almost immediately.

He felt Lia getting in bed next to him. The clock read five in the morning. “You should’ve waked me up to help,” he mumbled to her.

She just pulled the blankets over them. “Go to sleep,” she mumbled back.

“Lia . . .”

“Mmm?”

“Don’t stress yourself out, okay?”

There was no answer.

“Lia?” Seung Ri turned over to see her fast asleep. He smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her close. He buried his face in her hair and fell asleep as well. Under him, he felt Lia snuggling subconsciously up to him, which made him smile.

“Maknae Oppa . . .” she murmured in her sleep. “Saranghaeyo.”

He grinned even wider. He kissed her on the cheeks. “Saranghaeyo, Lia,” he whispered to her, pressing his cheek against her warm cheek. He closed his eyes and drifted off to deep slumber.

 

Seung Ri woke up later in the morning to hear Eunhye’s cries. He yawned, sitting up. He turned to Lia and smiled when he saw she was still asleep. He leaned over to kiss her gently on the forehead before walking to his kids. To his dismay, he found Kwan Yong hitting Eunhye. “Kwan Yong, no,” he said, quickly taking Eunhye up away from him. He kissed his daughter on the forehead.

Ji Yong came in to help him out. The two of them bathed and changed the triplet’s diapers while Lia was still sleeping in bed.

Ji Yong glanced at her and then turned to Seung Ri. “What time did she go back to sleep last night?” he asked.

“Five in the morning,” Seung Ri replied tiredly. He stifled a yawn. “She must’ve been exhausted.”

Ji Yong scratched his neck, nodding. “Well, she is a mother of three now.” They carried the babies out where the rest of Big Bang wanted to carry them.

“Lia still asleep?” Dae Sung asked, cooing over Eunhye who the milk bottle in his arms.

Seung Ri nodded.

TOP studied him. He had noticed that Lia and Seung Ri had been stressing out, what with Seung Ri being in Big Bang and Lia trying her best to look after the three of them plus the four dogs while she stayed at home for her one month maternity leave. Of course Soo-Jin came over from time to time when she wasn’t busy with work to help out.

Everyone chipped in to help the couple take care of their kids but most of the times they would decline the offer, saying that it is their responsibility that they often end up over-straining themselves.

Seung Ri found TOP looking at him and he knew what his hyung was thinking. “I’m fine,” he told him but he didn’t sound convincing. “I just need to get the hang of it, that’s all.”

“Look, Maknae, just don’t hesitate to ask us for help if you can’t handle it all at once,” Tae Yang told him. “That’s why we are here: to help out.”

Dae Sung was too busy with Eunhye that TOP had to nudge him to say something to the maknae to encourage him. “Huh? Oh yeah, I’m here to help too,” he said absentmindedly.

Seung Ri nodded, grateful. “Thanks, you guys.” He went to the kitchen to prepare the food for his babies to eat.

“We’ve got to do something for them,” Tae Yang murmured to the other four members in a low voice. “They’re straining themselves too hard.”

“But what can we do to help?” Dae Sung whispered back.

“We should give them a day off from all the parenting for just the two of them,” Ji Yong suggested. “We’ll take the kids off their hands and let them enjoy each other’s company. I’m sure they don’t get any alone time anymore. At least they get to relax and we get to take care of their kids for them.”

The others nodded, agreeing with the plan. But they couldn’t discuss any longer because Seung Ri came up to them, holding the baby bag. He sighed, knowing Lia was still asleep. “Can we bring them to YG?” he asked. “Lia is pretty tired from last night.”

They nodded. Seung Ri went in the room to tell Lia he was taking care of the babies for the day. When he went inside he found her still fast asleep.

He leaned over and kissed her forehead. She woke up from her sleep. She rolled over and smiled at him. “Hey,” she whispered. She reached out her arms and he hugged her. “Are you guys going now?”

He nodded. “Angel, we’re taking the kids to YG today okay? You need to rest. I’m pretty sure President and all the other people will be happy to help out.”

Lia nodded. She was too tired to argue so she just rolled back on bed. “Call me if you need anything, okay? Maybe I’ll come and join you guys. I love you,” she added.

“I love you too, jagiya.” He kissed her on the lips before walking out of the room. “Take care of yourself. I’ll see you later, okay?” Seung Ri called.

A few moments later Lia heard the front door closed and found that King was sitting next to her in bed. She smiled at her dog. But he whined.

She laughed. King has been a great watch-dog. He would watch over the babies while she was in the kitchen preparing food or when she was bathing. She knew right now that the dog sensed something was off: the babies weren’t here.

The house was too quiet.

She patted him on the head and went to take a long, hot shower. When she emerged out, King was still whining. “Shush, King. It’s okay. Maknae Oppa has them,” she reassured her dog.

She walked out of the room, King at her tails. She opened the door for the other four dogs to come inside the house and they all sat in front of the television to watch any movie that was on at the current moment.

After awhile she began to get hungry so she made kimchi noodles to eat. When one o’clock rolled by, she decided she should go pay the boys a visit. So she changed out of her house clothes into a simple light blue tee and jeans. She dialed a number.

“Hey, Lia, how are you?”

“Chung Ho Oppa, are you free? Can you come drop me off at YG?”

 

Once Lia entered the YG building, she was not surprised to see cameras around and people standing around the place. She walked up to the President’s office and knocked on the door.

“Come in!”

She entered and bowed her head, closing the door behind. “Annyeong, President,” she said brightly.

The President looked up from where he was bent over and smiled broadly. “Lia, hello! Your babies are here. And the boys are done.”

She nodded, walking over to her kids. “Oh, where are the boys?” she asked as she kissed her babies each on their forehead. Kwan Yong reached out for her so she carried her son up. “Hi, sweetie,” she cooed.

“They’re at the practice room, like where they always are whenever they are free,” the President told her. “Do you want to take them up with you?”

She nodded. “Kamsa, President. I’ll see you soon!” She pushed the stroller out of the office and into the elevators. She wondered how the photoshoot had gone. Only one way to find out: paying them a visit.

She pushed the door opened and walked in. She froze when she saw that Big Bang was not alone. They were with BEAST. She froze on the spot, not sure what to do.

Dae Sung looked up. “You came!”

Everyone turned and saw her. Tae Yang, TOP, Ji Yong and Seung Ri quickly stood up and hurried to Lia’s side and helped her with the triplets.

“Uh, I guess we forgot to tell you that we had to do a photo shoot with BEAST today,” TOP told her sheepishly.

“Oh, who is she?” Doojoon, the leader of BEAST, asked.

They came over to them. Seung Ri put his arms around her. “She’s my girlfriend,” he told them proudly.

“You never told me you have a girlfriend,” Hyunseung said, surprised. He waved at her. “Annyeong!”

Yoseob grinned at her as she sat down next to him. “Annyeongsayo Yang Yoseob imnida,” he said brightly.

“Hi,” she said shyly.

Ji Yong saw how shy she was. “You would have think living with us will get you used to seeing celebrities,” he muttered, earning a jab on the sides.

“I’m Lia Choi,” she told the new group.

Gikwang looked at her with a thoughtful frown. “Are you, by any chance, Lia Choi, the lucky winner who won an interview with us?” he asked her.

Lia smacked her forehead. “I forgot about that,” she groaned. She smiled at him and the other members looked up. “Yes, I am.”

“Well, I guess you can have your interview now,” Dae Sung told her.

She smiled. “Guess I can.”