Setting the Date

The Final Lullaby (4th Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

You’re what?” Lia gasped. She looked from Soo-Jin’s happy face to Ji Yong’s smile and squealed. She ran to them and threw her arms around their necks. “Omo, I’m so happy for you two!” She really was.

“When did you guys get engaged?” Seung Ri wanted to know.

“Hyung, how did you propose to her?” Dae Sung asked Ji Yong.

“Ji Yong took me out for a romantic dinner last night,” Soo-Jin replied. She pinched him on his cheeks and he smiled brightly. She laughed and they kissed each other.

“Congratulations,” Tae Yang said, smiling at them.

TOP was still angry at Lia and Seung Ri so he just snorted and stormed into his room. Lia and Seung Ri exchanged glances. Lia sighed. Ji Yong and Soo-Jin, however, not knowing what had happened, were taken aback. Lia tugged on Seung Ri’s hand and they escaped back to Lia’s room.

“What happened?” Ji Yong asked.

Dae Sung looked at Tae Yang. “You tell him what happened,” he told his hyung.

Tae Yang turned to Ji Yong and Soo-Jin and said, “TOP Hyung caught Lia taking morning pills.” He shrugged.

Ji Yong seemed startled by that. “Oh? They are, er, still doing it?” he asked in a different voice.

Soo-Jin shot him a questioning look and he hastily shook his head. “I would have thought after giving birth to triplets Lia wouldn’t do it again until maybe after she and Seung Ri gets married,” he explained. But he was lying. In truth, he felt a little jealous and sad. You’re with Soo-Jin now, he reminded himself. You’re going to get married. Move on.

 

Inside of Lia’s room, she and Seung Ri were changing the diapers. Seunghyun was on the bed while Lia tackled Eunhye and Seung Ri took on Kwan Yong. Lia was fuming over the issue from earlier.

“We love each other, so why is it surprising to hear that we’re making love to one another? I don’t get it,” Lia was saying. She carried her daughter up to set her down on the bed next to Seunghyun.

Seung Ri shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe it’s because you’re still quite young?” He put Kwan Yong next to Eunhye and he pulled his sister’s hair. Eunhye began to cry. Seunghyun lifted his tiny fist up and patted Eunhye gently on the head before turning to frown at Kwan Yong who rubbed his eyes.

“Lee Kwan Yong!” Seung Ri scolded and the boy just looked up innocently at his dad. “Do not pull your sister’s hair!”

Lia kissed Eunhye gently on the head and she stopped crying. She smiled, looking at her second son. “It looks like Kwan Yong is going to be the troublemaker, Eunhye the poor victim and Seunghyun the big brother.” She laughed, shaking her head.

Seung Ri smiled at his kids. “We are going to have a handful,” he remarked.

She nodded, reaching out to touch him on his cheek. She gently.

He took her fingers and kissed them. “So, Ji Yong Hyung is getting married,” he spoke up, trying to catch her. He wasn’t sure how Lia felt toward the news.

She nodded, beaming happily. “Isn’t that so amazing?” she asked. “Finally he can be happy like how you and I are.”

He was surprised to hear that. “You really think so?”

She leaned forward and planted a light kiss on his lips. “I know so.”

Seung Ri felt his heart flutter the way she always managed to make him feel like he was on top of the world. A thousand words could never describe just how much he really loves Lia and how happy making the triplets with her was. They were the main things that kept him going on with life.

He loved them so much.

Lia got on her knees on the bed and hobbled over to him. She nearly fell over but luckily, just in time, she put her arms around his neck from behind him. “Whoa,” she said.

“Lia, watch it!” he called over his shoulder, laughing as he nearly lost balance himself. He stood up and gave her a piggy back ride.

“Maknae Oppa!” she laughed. “Put me down!”

He laughed as well but he reluctantly put her down. Then he automatically kissed her and she kissed him back.

Seung Ri was happy.

 “You know we should probably go back out to them,” Lia said reluctantly.

He chuckled. “I know how you feel but yea, we should. Let’s go.” He stood up and scooped Eunhye and Kwan Yong in his arms while Lia took Seunghyun. They walked out of the room.

Ji Yong, Soo-Jin, Dae Sung and Tae Yang were sitting on the sofas, looking over at the places to hold the wedding.

Soo-Jin held her arms out and Seung Ri gave Eunhye to her.

“When and where will the wedding be held?” Lia asked, sitting on the empty space next to Ji Yong.

Ji Yong turned around to blow a kiss on Seunhyun’s tummy and the baby giggled. “We are thinking of that now,” he replied, smiling at the cute baby. “We’re thinking maybe we’ll hold it at LA.”

Seung Ri’s eyes went big. “Whoa, that’s so amazing.” He turned to Lia. “When are we going to get married?” he joked.

She smirked. “Dude, I’ve been waiting for you to ask me the question ever since I gave birth,” she joked back.

Everyone laughed as they turned back to the wedding plans. All of them pitched in with ideas. They were all laughing about and joking around when suddenly Dae Sung spoke up, “Eh, TOP hyung isn’t here?”

“Oh, let him steam,” Lia replied.

But Dae Sung stood up. “I’m gonna call him out. It’s not fun when one is missing.”

“Uh, are you sure that’s a good idea?” Tae Yang asked.

“I hope you know what you’re doing,” Soo-Jin added warily.

“Relax,” Dae Sung told them. “Do I look worried?”

“No, but that’s what I’m worried about,” Lia muttered as he went to the door.

“Hyung, are you in there?” he called out, rapping on the door twice.

“What sort of stupid question is that?” TOP burst out from inside his room.

Everyone sniggered as Dae Sung blushed. “Come out and talk to us,” he whined. “We all want you with us. We want you to put in your opinions about lideo’s wedding.”

“I’m fine with anything. Now go away.”

He pouted, knocking on the door multiple times. “Hyung,” he whined.

The door flew opened, revealing an angry and annoyed TOP and Dae Sung took a few steps back. “Yah, I told you to leave me alone! I’m busy!” he bellowed.

His shouts startled the triplets and they all began to cry. “Waaah!!” they wailed.

“Hyung!” Ji Yong chastised, his leader role taking over in charge, as both Seung Ri and Lia hushed their kids by cradling them gently. “There was no need to shout.” He began to feel rather irritated with him.

TOP muttered something unintelligent and went back inside the room. Dae Sung was looking very defeated as he came back and sat down next to Tae Yang.

“We warned you,” Tae Yang said to him, sighing.

“Shut up.”

Lia handed Seunghyun to Ji Yong and she stood up. “I’m going to talk to my brother,” she said and went to her brother’s door.

“It’s locked,” Dae Sung called out. “Oh and be careful; hyung is scary.”

She grimaced. Then she took out a pin from her hair and picked on the lock. After awhile they heard a soft click and knew that she had unlocked the door. “Wish me luck,” she said with two thumbs up as she entered the door. “Oppa,” she said.

“Seriously, that girl has many tricks up her sleeves,” Tae Yang grumbled. “She knows how to pick locks! What’s next?”

“That girl is wittier and funnier than Dae Sung,” Ji Yong laughed.

“Oh shut up.”

The room was filled with a very awkward atmosphere.

“So,” Soo-Jin said brightly, wanting the dull and gloomy atmosphere disappear, “are we doing it in LA then?” she asked.

Seung Ri nodded. “Works fine for me,” he said. “This way, the triplets get to use their passport for the first time.”

“Have you actually seen the passports?” Ji Yong asked, a thought flickering through his mind.

He shook his head. “TOP Hyung took them out to get their passport and birth certificate done. I’ve never seen it before.”

“Weird,” Tae Yang remarked.

He shrugged. “If I’m not mistaken, I think Lia has seen them. She took them out to take their pictures.”

“Cool.”

“Now we need to fix a date,” Ji Yong was saying. “How about near December? Big Bang doesn’t have any plans near that time, right?”

“I don’t either,” Soo-Jin spoke up.

“Okay, how about the seventh of December then?” Tae Yang asked.

Everyone nodded. The date was fixed. The wedding will be in two months. Everything is going to be perfect!

Soo-Jin hugged Ji Yong who kissed her on the lips tenderly. They were feeling excited.

 

Oppa, why are you so mad?” Lia asked her brother, sitting on Seung Ri’s empty bed. “I understand it’s because I’m only eighteen. But I love him and he loves me. We’re very careful. We use protection and all that. I take pills. I am not getting pregnant.”

TOP shook his head. “I just . . . don’t want to see my little sister grow up so fast,” he said weakly. He looked up to her with a sad smile.

Lia hurried to her brother and sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around him. “Bingu,” she remarked softly. “That’s part of life. I will grow up. I am growing up. Oppa, you have to trust Maknae Oppa. He’s so good to me and to the kids.”

He nodded. “That’s why he’s the father,” he said.

She nodded.

He smiled, kissing her on the cheeks. “Mei, promise me that you’ll never stop loving me no matter how annoying I am?” he asked.

“Silly!” Lia said affectionately. “I’ll always love my oppa no matter what. You know that. I love you, Bingu Oppa.” She hugged her big brother, happy that everything is well between them again.

He hugged her back, closing his eyes. He was scared, but he knows he have to trust the two of them. “I love you, Mei. I love you, too,” he murmured.