Secrets were Meant to be Kept Safe and Hidden

The Final Lullaby (4th Book of Fate's Sweet Melodies)

Se7en asked them to house-sit again so they willing agreed. This time they brought Soo-Jin and the triplets along for the weekend to just relax and have fun.

They swam by the pool; the boys played golf while the girls took care of the babies and had a girl chat about the wedding.

Ever since Ji Yong and Soo-Jin announced that they were getting married, everyone in the YG Family as well as Soo-Jin’s company has been working hard to arrange the marriage. Ji Yong sometimes came home tired from all of the rehearsals and the wedding preparation. Lia went back to work at the café and began going through the recipes for wedding cakes. Her friends in the café could not stop talking about the wedding as well. They were invited too and they were just as excited.

The whole wedding preparation was really stressful, but at the end of the entire event, it will be worth it.

That was why when Se7en asked them to house-sit again, they decided they all needed a break and all trooped to the villa and began to just have fun and not think about anything for the time being.

Around in the evening Seung Ri and TOP were talking on the balcony when they shook hands and walked out to the field. Everyone looked up curiously and followed the two of them.

“What you up to?” Dae Sung asked as he caught up with them.

“I’m going to race with hyung,” Seung Ri explained, smiling smugly. TOP was behind him.

Lia shook her head. “Maknae Oppa, I’ve seen my brother run, and I don’t think you can beat him. He’s pretty fast even though he’s very unfit . . . which is why I could never kill him when he annoys the hell out of me.” She frowned thoughtfully at that. “Huh, that sure explains a lot.”

TOP rolled his eyes. “You’re only saying that because he’s your brother,” he retorted but he was smiling.

“I’m only saying that because it’s true,” she shot back.

“We’ll see about that.”

“If you lose to him, you have to kiss me for a minute,” Lia said flirtingly.

Seung Ri grinned. “Deal,” he agreed. “But if I win, you have to kiss me for a minute.”

They shook on it, grinning at each other and the other five all rolled their eyes at their gushiness. Seung Ri and TOP raced. But Seung Ri lost to him — seven times.

“I told ya so.” Lia smirked when they came back to the others.

He shrugged. “I believe I owe you a kiss — for seven minutes,” he said, which Lia gladly complied.

“Ewww!” Dae Sung cried, covering his eyes. “!”

“Get a room!” Ji Yong complained, shaking his head. “No hanky-panky while we’re here, okay?”

They only laughed.

Seung Ri looked at Lia with a sneaky and a mischievous look in his eyes. “Say, Lia . . .” he said in a singsong voice.

Lia shook her head. “No,” she said firmly, “In your dreams, lover boy.”

“Aww.”

She glanced at her brother who just smiled at her. She turned back to Seung Ri who was pouting like a little boy. She rolled her eyes. She looked back, biting her lip. The idea was so tempting. Should she?

Yeah, she should.

She sighed. “Oh, fine. Soo-Jin Unnie, since one day you’ll be a mom, take care of the triplets since I’m . . . busy.” She blushed when she said the last word.

Seung Ri smirked and carried her up, bridal style. “You and me,” he said, “we’re going to have fun the whole night.” As he carried her into their room, locking the door behind them, everyone all cheered and hollered.

Ji Yong turned to Soo-Jin with hopeful eyes. “Soo-Jin,” he coaxed.

But his girlfriend only shook her head. “No, I’m on baby duty today,” she replied. “And you and I are not going to do it until after the wedding.” She got up and walked over to the crib where the three babies were sleeping peacefully.

Tae Yang cracked up laughing at Ji Yong’s crestfallen face. “Tough luck,” he said, patting his friend on the back. “Oh well. There, there. It’s okay.”

Ji Yong just scowled. He turned to TOP. He was looking at Lia and Seung Ri’s room door and Ji Yong knew he was wondering just what exactly do Seung Ri do to Lia. “Are you okay?” he asked.

He turned back and smiled. “I have to trust them,” he replied. “I have to trust them. I have to trust them.”

“Hyung, it’s like you’re saying a chant or something,” Dae Sung spoke up which earned him a whack right on the face with a pillow. “Hyung!”

Tae Yang patted him on the back like how he did with Ji Yong earlier on. “There, there,” he said, smiling. “It’s okay.”

Dae Sung threw the pillow at his face which he managed to dodge, hitting Ji Yong instead. Ji Yong grabbed the pillow and soon the whole living room was filled with screams as the boys had a pillow fight as though they were all still in high school.

Soo-Jin came back, amused, looking as the four grown-up boys shout and holler and kick and shout, beating each other up. She shook her head. “Seriously, those guys ah,” she said, laughing to herself.

 

After the weekend they were back to their busy schedules. They didn’t mind. They all felt so relaxed from the weekend they had that they embraced the workload.

One day Lia was busy making cupcakes with her friend Char Nie when Char Nie’s twin Char Lie came bursting in with an excited look on her face. Lia and Char Nie both exchanged glances and smiled. Seems like someone has some news to share.

“Guess what? Guess what? Guess what?” Char Lie blurted out. She was bouncing up and down like a puppy ready to play.

Char Nie stopped what she was doing, put a hand on her him and tapped her chin with a finger. “Michael Jackson resurrected from the dead?” Char Nie asked her twin sarcastically and Lia burst out laughing.

Char Lie whacked her sister on the head. “Anniyo, babo! Guess again!”

“Can’t you just tell us?” Lia asked.

She shook her head. “No, you guys have to guess! What’s the point in me asking for you to guess if I just immediately tell you?”

“Because no matter how many times we guess it, it’s going to be wrong so you’re just going to burst and eventually tell us anyway,” Char Nie simply replied. “Now stop making us guess wrong answers and get irritated and just tell us already.”

“I found the perfect dress to wear to the wedding!” she burst out.

Char Nie and Lia held back groans. Typical of Char Lie. They turned their heads so she wouldn’t see them rolling their eyes in disgust. Trust Char Lie to go over-the-top excited just for that.

Suddenly Char Nie breathed in too much flour and began coughing frantically. “Gah!” she choked.

Lia giggled. She accidentally brushed her hand on her chin and got a white patch on her chin. “Kyaaah!”

Char Lie put her hands on her hips, a smirk playing on her lips. “That’s what you two get for making fun of me,” she replied. She turned to Lia. “Aren’t you jealous?”

Lia looked up from where she was mixing the batter. “Huh?” she asked blankly.

“Well, he used to be your boyfriend,” Char Lie pointed out. “Don’t you find it weird that he’s getting married to someone else?”

“I wouldn’t be happily in love with Maknae Oppa if I was right,” she countered.

Char Nie stopped choking and just looked at her friend seriously. “Do you still love him?” she asked.

Lia mulled over the thought. Honestly, yes, she was jealous. She was still in love with him but she’ll never admit it. And seeing Soo-Jin slowly taking her place hurts. She really like Soo-Jin and she didn’t want to feel that kind of feeling toward her but sometimes — just sometimes — she can’t be but to feel bitter toward the older girl.

Some part of Lia was always going to love Ji Yong no matter what.

To her friends she said, “I do, but I am with Maknae Oppa and I am happy enough. Ji Yong Oppa deserves someone like Soo-Jin Unnie and she’s really cool so I don’t mind. As long as she treats him right and as long as he is happy with her.”

“I can’t believe we’re going to Los Angeles. Wahey!” Char Nie exclaimed in glee.

“Enough talking and more working,” Lia’s boss and the twins’ elder brother Chung Ho said, coming in the kitchen to check up on how things were progressing.

“Oppa, you know you’re excited too,” Char Lie giggled, poking him on the shoulder.

He grunted.

Lia had to smile. She looked over at him. “You are excited, right?”

He folded his arm across his chest, trying to look stern. “Of course. Now get back to work or I’ll make you three girls work double the time for a whole week.” He turned back out of the kitchen. “Oh, and Char Lie, you’re staying in here to help those two finish up the baking and everything. I’ll get someone to take over the register.”

The three of them grinned as they silently turned back to the baking, occasionally giving each other glances and smiling to themselves. They were so giddy.

“Hey, I’m curious,” Char Lie spoke up after a moment of silence, “Lia, how do the triplets’ passport pictures look like?”

She smiled, remembering the photo shoot session when taking the triplets’ pictures for their passport. “They’re so cute,” she replied, turning to her friends, “Which reminds me, I need to go back and find the passports before we leave for LA.”

“Where is it?” Char Nie asked. She gave her friend a look. “Don’t tell me that you lost it.” Lia, however neat and tidy she appeared to be, is very forgetful and tend to misplace things.

Lia laughed. “I gave it to Bingu Oppa.”

“Makes sense,” Char Lie replied jokingly. “At least that way you won’t lose it and would be able to locate it — by giving it to someone for safe-keeping.”

Lia mimicked her and Char Lie blew flour at her. “Kyaaah!” she spat out, wincing. She looked at her friend. “Right, that’s it — payback!”

“Not so fast.”

The three girls froze, hands in midair, ready to throw at each other when Chung Ho came back in. He gave them a stern look and they returned to their work.

Right after work, she went back home. Once she got back home, Big Bang was still at YG, not done with their schedules.

She decided to find the passport just of an in case. She went inside TOP’s room and to his drawer. She began pulling them out, searching for the passports. She finally found them, tucked in between piles of paper. She shook her head. She picked up one passport and was about to open it when a paper in the pile caught her eye. She put the passport down and took the paper to read.

She gasped, dropping the paper. She slowly backed away as the paper gently landed on the floor with a soft whoosh.

“No . . .”