Reminiscene

C'est La Vie/ That's Life

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlCcwq_K2X4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMs_AElM_bk <---These Song fits the mood :>

 

-Chapter 7-

Reminiscence

JunHyung’s POV

 That name, it’s the one thing I would never forget for my entire life.  I couldn’t recognize the voice of the person who was saying it.

Unaware of what was going on since I was still searching for that person who mention her name. There, standing two other girls who seem to be the friends with the I girl I accidentally bump into.

One of them seems familiar to me though like I know her, unexpectedly KiKwang approach her.

“Bom-noona!! What are guys doing here? :3” I heard KiKwang asked.

What?! she’s Bom-noona waah~ talk about change.  So that means these must be her friends.

Wait a minute, if these two are her friends one of them must be called Lee ChaeRin, so she’s here but that’s impossible.  

After all she’s not in this world anymore.

 

 

Flashback…

It’s been a week since school was finish and  my dad accused their family of stealing.  Still, I can’t believe the words that came out from my mouth when I found out. 

It happened when both of us just came from hanging out in the park after school with DooJoon- hyung.  As we came close to the door of my house we could hear shouting and things breaking in the background.  The two of us immediately rushed inside the house.  We can’t even describe what happen to living room at that time.  One word, it was a mess.

Broken glass pieces were everywhere, the table was turned over, chairs were out of place, but the worse thing was samchon, Chae’s dad was on the ground bleeding.  I saw my dad coming out from the kitchen with a knife in his hands.  The picture was clear to me now, something happen in the company.  What could have happened that made my dad go berserk?  Why would he try and kill his own best-friend that was like a brother to him?

 I immediately tackled my dad to ground to prevent anything else from occurring.  In the corner of my eyes I could still see Chae frozen on the spot from where I was standing a while ago. 

“ Lee ChaeRin snap-out of it bring samchon to the hospital NOW!!” I growled as I was still trying to keep my dad from breaking free.

She immediately ran to her dad with teary eyes, when she came close to him I could tell she was shaken.  Her gaze then went to me; sadness was plastered in her face.  To keep her from losing it, I abruptly told her to move and go.

When they left the premises I instantly let go of my dad.

“Why you little-“my dad lifted his hand aiming to hit my face but was interrupted by my mum.

“Don’t hit our son just because of your stupid mistake on trusting someone.” My mum stated coming out from the dining room looking unnaturally pale.

“Omma what are you talking about?” I asked them still oblivious to the situation.

“What your mum is talking about is why I trusted that sly person to work in the company so that he could steal money behind my back!” my dad gritted his teeth and dropped the knife on the floor.

“Who? “ I questioned. 

In an instant I could feel something touch my cheek and heard my mum scream while I tried to regain my balance.  My dad had punched me; I think it’s another way of releasing his anger.

“LEE KEIJIN!! “  He shouted walking towards the door with my mum tailing him trying to calm him down.

The door was then shut with a loud thud while I was still in daze.

 

Later that evening I went to hospital to see how samchon was doing and to confront him about what my dad said. 

While I was approaching the room that samchon was in I was hoping that ChaeRin wouldn’t be there.

I walked inside the room to see him lying down in the bed with a swollen face and a bandage around his head, facing the window.

I thought he was asleep but he eventually noticed me walking in, then he turned his face towards my direction.

“JaeSoon what are you doing here? If your father finds out...“ Before I could let him finish his sentence I interrupted him.

“ Samchon can you please tell me the truth.” My tone of voice sounded quite harsh but I need to know what’s going on.

“Did you found out about it or they told you?” he said turning to face the window again.

“JaeSoon if you want to know what happen it’s better to ask your father than believe what this sly person is going to say.” He stated.

I couldn’t take it anymore.

“ Samchon! Are you telling me you actually stole from the company that you and dad rebuild!!”

Before he could answer I heard something dropped to the floor.  I turned around and found ChaeRin standing right beside the door.  It seems like she dropped the basket of fruits she was holding.  She was probably going to give it to samchon for him to eat.

“Appa is it true?”

“Chae-ah how long have you been there?” I questioned her.

“Just answer my question damn it!!” ChaeRin shouted.  I have never seen her this angry before and I know it’s not good to make her angry.

“Yes.” Was the answer both of us were looking for and it came from samchon.

Without delay ChaeRin run out of the room and out of the hospital.  I followed her because she might do something stupid.

After a while, I found her sitting at the park near the hospital.  She was at the foot of the slide squatting down while throwing stones in the other direction.

I quietly sat down beside her, at that moment I noticed how her face was glowing even without proper lighting.  You can still notice the stain in her cheeks that was left behind from crying.

Trying not to make any sound I tried to scoot beside her for hug.

“Don’t even try comforting me Jae it’s no use.” She implied while standing up.

“Then what should I do, if I can’t help you what should I do instead?”  I asked her as I was standing up.

“Nothing, just go back home I can take care of my dad by myself.” Her voice sounded so cold.

“From now on Jae we are no longer acquainted with each other, after what happen with our parents I think it’s a good idea not to talk with one another. My dad and I will be fine; my mum’s savings will be enough to cover my dad’s hospital bills.

Another thing is we will be moving, Mr. Kim called and asked me about where to put my things could you just tell him to put all our belongings in front of your gate I’ll pick them up in the morning.  I guess I should start calling you JaeSoon-shii.” She stated.

I couldn’t speak.  Despite the fact that our families are in turmoil how can she take things so easily.  I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Well then JaeSoon-shii goodnight and goodbye.”  Chae was walking away from me and I stood there frozen I couldn’t do anything just like what ‘he’ said before.

“Is this it?  Are you gonna throw away our friendship just because this happened to our families.  For god sake ChaeRin we have been friends for more than 10 years and you’re just going to throw it all away.  What about all the things we’ve been through since childhood, all our memories together?” I retorted.

She stopped in her tracks and turn to me; I could then see tears running down her cheeks.

“Yes” she simply answers back.  Why are you not fighting back, she know that something is wrong.

Then the words that came out next from my mouth were the things I regretted to say in all of my lifetime. 

I walked towards her and told her “You know you’re just like your father giving up cause you can’t find a way out.  That’s right! The only thing you’re good at is running away from everything! If this is what you want then you mean nothing to me from now.”

“I regretted the day that I met you!  I don’t want to see your pathetic face ever again!”

With that I walked away from her trying to hold my tears from falling.

It’s been a week after that and I haven’t seen her.  I tried investigating what really happened in the company.  I know samchon would never steal, I even went back to visit samchon but found he was moved to another hospital.  Earlier in the company I heard something that would clear everything.  The two secretaries talking about how to split the money they got from my dad, when I know my dad wouldn’t give money with a reason.  The more I listened to their conversation the more information I got to tell my dad.  He was also regretting what he had done to samchon.

As I walked in the house I saw the TV was on, I was about to turn it off when the news said something about a plane crashing just two hours ago, it was going to Europe.  I don’t know what it was but I watched it anyway.  The reporter was showing the crash site of where the plane was.  Suddenly the plane just exploded there were only a few who got out from the plane.  Then they showed the names of the people on the plane. My heart was about to collapsed when I saw both their names in the screen in front of me.  I instantly put the TV on paused,  I immediately called her phone all I could hear was the sound of the operator talking there was no ringtone at all.  I tried again and again but it was still the same then I waited till I heard her voice.

‘Hi this Lee ChaeRin I can’t pick the phone up right now if you want to… ‘

‘Call her just leave your message after the beep. Beep~’

 ‘YAH!! Yong JaeSoon what the hell do you think you’re doing give me back my phone!’

I felt something run down my cheek.  Then it hit me both samchon and her were going to Europe, they were on the plane now they’re gone forever.  What I said to her came true she’ll never see me again because she’s dead.  I was now on the floor crying, screaming and punching the floor when my mum came in. she tried to stop from hurting myself. She asked what was wrong; I pointed to the TV and heard her gasp.  Soon I could hear a few sobs coming from her as well embracing me to stop me from breaking my hands.

A few months after I moved to Japan, along with DooJoon.  Everywhere I go; it just reminded me of her.  All our friends didn’t want to believe what happen to her either.  Meanwhile after the incident, my dad started working non-stop. 

Things were moving on without them and so did I.

End of flashback