NINE

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NINE

                There were several long speeches, but it felt like just a blink of an eye and we already graduated. Everyone had a smile plastered on their faces. Some were crying, but they were happy tears. I felt dizzy looking for my parents; there were a lot of people around.

An arm suddenly slung on my shoulders. “Chingu-yah! Chukhahae!” It was no other than Wu Yifan.

“It’s so unfair on how you can find me so easily with your height.”

He just shrugged and gave me smug smile.

“There you are!” We heard a female voice.

“Mom! I’ve been looking for you and dad.”

“We’ve been looking for you, too. Fortunately, we saw Kris because he’s so tall. We figured that you might be with him.” Dad gave Kris a pat on his shoulder.

Damn you, Kris and your height.

“Let me take a picture of you two!” Mom excitedly said.

 

                I took pictures with the rest of my friends—Lay, Kyungsoo, Umin, Seulgi, Irene, Yeri, Wendy, and Joy. It will serve as a memory in the future, an unforgettable happy memory.

“My parents say you’re pretty.” Umin told me.

“Aw, please tell them I said thank you.”

“Yah, we won’t replace each other, huh?!” Seulgi started to be dramatic.

“Oh, Seulgi-yah, I think you should have a video chat with Luhan when you get home.” Wendy teased.

“Seulgi’s turning into a tomato!” Kyungsoo stated which made us all laugh.

“Anyway, Seulgi’s right. Let’s still make time for each other and try to hangout, despite our soon-to-be-busy schedule.” We all agreed to Joy’s statement.

 

We were happily chattering about how we shouldn’t forget each other and should still have some time to hangout, when I saw mom approaching another woman. Oh no…Seulgi nudged me. I looked at her, then to Umin. He gave me a nod.

“Sweetie, come here! Sehun’s mom wants to see you.” I heard mom calling. I took a deep breath—here goes nothing.

“Annyeonghaseyo.” I greeted her, trying to ignore the other male’s presence.

“Aigo, I can’t believe you two already graduated! I can still remember when you two were kids.Yeobo, take us a picture!” Auntie called her husband.

Uncle took a photo of his mom and my mom with the two of us in the middle.

“Now, the two of you!” Auntie and mom were spazzing like OTP shippers.

When our moms turned to talk to each other, I clutched the letter in my pocket. I gathered all my courage and gave it to him.

“Sehun-ah…don’t show this to anyone. Read it when you get home.” As soon as he got a hold of the letter, I immediately walked back to my friends.

“How did it go?” Seulgi excitedly asked.

I released the breath I was holding. “I gave it.”

“That’s good. I knew yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter