THREE

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THREE

 As expected, everyone was shocked to see that I’m Oh Sehun’s ‘date’. I awkwardly looked down while he confidently stood beside me as if nothing’s wrong that we’re a pair. I wanted to ask him why he didn’t ask his girlfriend out but remembered that we’re no longer that kind of best friends as we were. The practice went smoothly. Since we’re both dancers, we easily got the steps and danced playfully; it was fun, though the little skinships made me blush. After some more rounds, it was the Seniors’ turn to practice. While we were on standby, I decided to sit beside Seulgi on the bleachers. I took her bottle of water and gulped it down; I already finished it before she could even complain. Luhan took a seat on her right side and Sehun sat next to him. Seulgi and I were freely chattering when one of our teachers from elementary school approached us.

“Look at you, kids. It was just like yesterday when you guys were in my class, but now you’re practicing for a prom.” She stated, giving us a proud look. When she noticed the Oh-so-popular –Sehun she asked “Oh, Mr. Kingka, who’s your date?”
That question was for Sehun, but Seulgi was the one who got excited and pointed at me.
“Finally, you two are together! What took you so long? I thought you’d never ask her out!” She exclaimed which made my eyes widened and cheeks blushed. I discreetly hit my so-called best friend and smiled sheepishly to our teacher. “We’re not…in that kind of relationship, ssaem. We’re just partners for the prom.”
“What? I thought…” She looked disappointed. Wait, is she shipping us? Oh my…
“Sorry to disappoint you, ssaem! They will be…soon…Sehun is just, you know…I’ll make sure to gossip it to if you if there’s any news or improvement in their relationship.” Seulgi brightly smiled at her.
I face-palmed. Why is she my best friend again? What did Luhan like about this girl? Oh gosh…Did she forget that Sehun was just there with us? Aigo…

We had another round of dance practice before it was time to practice the entrance; all couples were in queue outside the gym. It was normal for me to feel hot every after dancing, well of course I guess that applies to all of us, duh, we all release energy if we use it. So yeah, we just finished the dance when we were asked to fall in line. When I hooked my arm around his, he turned to me.
“Are you alright? Your skin is burning hot.”
“Sehun, we just finished dancing. Of course I’ll get sweaty and hot.” I fanned myself with my hands.
“Are you sure? You look like a tomato, as well!” He felt my forehead with his palm then cupped my cheeks. Okay, that didn’t really help my situation.
“It seems like you really have a fever though.” He frowned.
It seemed like he wouldn’t remove his hands from my cheeks by any minute, so I looked away. “I told you I’m fine.”

We did those practices for days and they all went smoothly. It’s great that as we practiced, the dance kept on getting better. D-day came and it was a blast. It was really fun. It was a pity that it couldn’t last longer. Oh well, we still have next year. Nothing much happened in our prom. I wasn’t really popular so only my guy friends asked me to dance, especially Sehun,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter