SEVEN

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEVEN

Our Senior prom was held on Valentine’s day. It was as fun as last year’s prom, just a little more dramatic (since our graduation was a month away, students were getting sentimental). After the party songs, as usual, slow-dance songs were played. I couldn’t find Seulgi so I took a seat in our table and decided to eat some dessert. Someone covered my eyes; I turned around to see Lay. He showed his dimple smile and offered his hand. I gladly accepted it.

“Why were you eating at the table alone? You should be having some fun.”

I shrugged. “I couldn’t find Seulgi. And for your information, I was having fun when the DJ changed the song into some slow-dance for couples.”

“Well, it can also be for friends.” He grinned. I just nodded, and then I caught a glimpse of Sehun and his girlfriend hugging each other while dancing to the slow song.

Lay sighed and decided to distract me. “I’m going to miss you. You should always take care of yourself, okay?” He squished my cheeks.

I chuckled lightly. “Ne~ you too. I’ll miss you too, our healing unicorn.”

“Even though our university campuses are far from each other, I’m just a message away. You can always contact me when you need some company.”

“Thanks, Xing. I know I can always count on you.”

 

Someone tapped Lay’s shoulder; we turned to that person.

“Can I have my turn now?” Kris said.

Lay gave me one last smile before handing me to Kris.

He cleared his throat and looked anywhere but me.

I raised a brow. “What? Are you going to tell me some dramatic farewell speech?”

“What speech? No! And can you not ruin the atmosphere?”

I flicked his forehead. Assa! I got my revenge. “What atmosphere? I’m not ruining anything, you weirdo.”

“Well…you know I like Irene, right?”

I nodded. “And she doesn’t like you back.”

He glared at me before continuing. “You see…if I don’t have feelings for Irene, I might like this one girl.”

“Yah, our school year is almost ending. We’re all going on our separate ways so don’t even think about courting some new girl.”

“Can’t you just listen and let me finish?”

I pouted and bit my lips shut.

 

“This girl and I know each other very well. We’re very open to each other about our personal lives. She’s always there when I need her and I do the same for her. It feels nice to have someone who understands you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter