NINETEEN

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NINETEEN

I spent the rest of the day hanging out with Kris. He held my bag the whole time to make sure I won’t sneak to study. Once his bus left, I dragged myself to the dorm, knowing the news already spread from Sulli and Baekhyun.

“You sure have a lot of guys, don’t you?” As expected, Baekhyun asked. I rolled my eyes. “That Sehun guy, that Kris guy, that course mate of yours, and even that Kyungsoo you were texting; just how many rivals our Channie has?!”

“Geez, Baekhyun! They are my friends! Most of my friends are guys, alright?”

“But I quite like that best friend of yours for you. He seems to really care about you. If I didn’t know you were best friends, I would have thought you’re a couple after seeing you two earlier.” Sulli said.

“I know. If there was no Sehun, I would have liked him instead and same goes for him.”

“You mean, he also had these one-sided feelings for a girl, but if none, it could have been you?” Luna asked.

I nodded. “But we decided to just stay as best friends. We’re happy the way we are. Oh, if you have met Yixing, you guys would like him a lot. He’s so much more of a sweetheart than Kris.”

“There’s another guy?!” Baekhyun massaged his temples.

“And who might this Yixing be?” Vic raised a brow.

“We kind of had this some relationship before. You could say we sort of dated or something like that.”

“But it obviously failed because you’re too deeply in love like a fool with that Sehun guy, am I right?” Baek sassily raised his brow.

Not really wanting to admit that fact, I just shrugged and diverged from the topic. “Why are you still here, though?”

“I forgot my keys—”

“Oh my goodness, Kris is going to nag at me again! He was freaking mad when I told him we let Baek stay with us.”

“He’s overprotective for a best friend, huh.” Luna said.

“Not really, he’s normally like that. Umin is much worse than him. I haven’t been kept in touch with him, though.” I frowned.

“Another guy?” Vic questioned.

“He’s like an older brother! Guys, seriously, you make it sound like I’m some playing with men.”

“Aren’t you one?” Baekhyun asked.

“YAH, BYUN BAEKHYUN! SHUT YOUR MOUTH IF YOU DON’T WANT TO SLEEP OUTSIDE.” And that’s how our quarrel started.

 

                Exams have been piling up and library has become crowded. I decided to go to the park and study there. After a few hours of studying, I was about to go when I felt someone pinch my cheek. I looked up and saw Chanyeol with his goofy grin. Baekhyun was behind him stifling a laugh.

“Hey guys, what brings you here?” I greeted.

“We were just passing by when we saw you. What about you? Why are you here alone?”

“I was studying. Library’s crowded.” I shrugged.

“Are you heading back to the dorm? I forgot my notes there last night.” Baekhyun asked.

“Nope, I’m going to the grocery store. I think Sulli’s in the dorm though.”

“Why don’t we just accompany you? Then Baekhyun can go with you after grocery shopping.” Chanyeol suggested, but I knew it wasn’t a good suggestion when Baekhyun looked up with an evil smile on his face.

Baekhyun grabbed his phone and grinned wider. “Sulli said she’s there. I’ll be going first. Have fun grocery shopping.” And he ran away.

I gaped. “Well, let’s go?” Chanyeol asked.

“O-oh yeah…let’s go.” Just as we’re about to leave, the sky darkened and rain droplets started to pour. Chanyeol pulled out his umbrella and shielded the two of us.

“Please remind me to buy an umbrella.” I sighed.

 

The walk wasn’t awkward but I felt damn awkward. Like seriously, just the two of us under the small space of the umbrella. He’d sometimes grab me closer so I won’t get drenched. He’s covering me too much since I noticed his other s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter