TWENTY-NINE (LAST CHAPTER)

What Is Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWENTY-NINE

The semester ended peacefully. Like I said, Baekhyun came back to his usual self soon enough. Chanyeol and I have been doing well, and I’m slowly forgetting about Sehun. I’m glad of my decision; I don’t regret taking the risk. No one knows about us yet. We didn’t know how to tell them…until we bumped into Baekhyun while we were holding hands. The diva literally dragged us to our dorm and made us explain . They were happy for us. Baekhyun did throw a party, a sem-ender party. He said he’s so proud of his babies that after all his efforts, we’re finally together. Such a drama queen. All of us were present: the four of us, Krystal, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Chen, Tao, and even Kai. We had so much fun.

 

As usual, every year-end holidays, a reunion is a must for our high school class. I arrived at Irene’s (where the reunion will be held) with Seuligi, Umin, and Kris. Soon, everyone was present. Teasing me with Sehun was still present; they don’t know about Chanyeol. Some were still asking how things are between us, what exactly we are, and the like. From my peripheral vision, I can see he’s been staring at me. It seems like he wanted to talk, but if he won’t talk then it’s not my problem. I’m not going to talk to him. He’s been standing behind my seat most of the time that when someone put his arms around my shoulder from behind, gave me a heart attack. Fortunately, I recognized the arms and it was Kris’s.

When we sat in a circle in the living room, I knew some kind of open forum will start. And I was right when Wendy started interrogating Umin and Seulgi’s fishy awkwardness. While people were talking, Yeri nudged me and showed me a photo. It was a stolen shot of Sehun staring right at me. I rolled my eyes. “Seriously, Yeri? You have nothing better to do, huh?” On my right side, Seulgi whispered to me. “You guys haven’t talked?”

“What’s new, Seulgi? We don’t ever talk in person.”

“Geez, sooner or later, Sehun will regret being a jerk when a guy manages to get you.”

I smiled, thinking of Chanyeol. “Someone already did.” I whispered but she wasn’t able to catch it.

Joy caught me smiling to myself, though. She suddenly raised her right hand. “I have question. I know most of us are very curious. Just what exactly is between you and Sehun?” She asked, giving me a sly smirk. And I thought we’re friends. Everybody leaned closer, anticipating our answer. I couldn’t even look at Sehun. I was about to open my mouth and say something when Irene’s mom came to the living room. Phew, thanks for saving me, Auntie!

“Sorry for disturbing, kids, but…Irene, there’s a guy in front of our house. Go check, maybe he’s one of your classmates.” She said before going back to the kitchen.

We looked around and frowned. Everyone is present. Irene went to check who the guy is, though. My phone rang and I saw that Chanyeol was calling. Shoot! I forgot we have a date this afternoon! I didn’t notice the time passing. I was about to answer the call, but it stopped ringing. Not that I’m running away from the hot seat, but I really need to go. I heard Irene coming back in. I can hear the girls silently giggling and squealing. I don’t really care about their whereabouts right now because first, I need to send Yeol a message.

 

To Chanyeol:

Yeol! I forgot! I’m so sorry! I’m just about to leave.

 

I was about to hit the ‘send’ button when I felt lips pecking my cheek. Gasps were heard. My eyes widened. I looked up and if possible, my eyes got wider. How in the world—

“You forgot, didn’t you?” He asked with his deep voice.

“C-chanyeol…h-how…?” I was gaping.

“We need explanation. Now.” Irene demanded.

“I’m sorry for intrudi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter