What the Fans Want

Big Dreams in Bighit

A month had passed since our debut stage. We were a bigger hit than even the managers had hoped for, or so it seemed. The fan base grew rapidly, many of the BTS fans taking to us right away. The ship names and dating rumors soon surfaced, no doubt encouraged by appearances our group made with them occasionally. The fans absolutely loved to see us together, so when our managers approached us with a new filming schedule idea, I couldn't exactly say I was suprised.

"Each of you will be paired with a member of BTS, and you will be spending time together." Our manager stated simply as we all stared in shock. "We hope that this will not only please the fans, but also help to develope a closer relationship between the two biggest groups under this label."

"Who will we be paired with?" Fey asked after a long moment of stunned silence.

"The fans are currently voting on that right now." Our manager replied, a viciously teasing smile playing at his lips as he showed us the poll. Oh, how he loved to torture us. "The poll ends tonight at 12pm KST. So we will have the couple results by tomorrow morning for you. Filming will start the day after."

With that he turned and left. All of us had become slightly uncomfortable at the mention of 'couple', after all we barely knew the boys. This was bound to be an awkward adventure. Glancing at the others, I could tell they were thinking the same thing.

"What if I get paired with Jiminie?" Mishri swooned. Suddenly her face changed to a horrified expression. "What if I get paired with Jimin!? Yah, otoke1?"

"Jimin is a dancer too, if anything you guys have that to talk about at least." Mihi said wrapping the younger girl in a reasuring hug.

"This is no reason to get worked up. They're just humans." Sable mumbled, tugging gently at her untidy braid. We'd just finished practice for the day when our manager had stopped by to give us the news.

"That's true, and they all seem friendly enough. Let's not be worried about it. Just think, this should make the fans really happy." Fey said brightly, taking Sable's words as a lead in to cheer up her group. The girls all agreed, slowly nodding in agreement.

"Yah," I said, raising my voice slightly. "I'm hungry! Let's eat."

"Typical Reya!" Gigi laughed, linking arms with me as we headed towards blessed food. The others giggled, and followed behind us.

-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -  

"REYA YOU LAZY BUM, WAKE. UP. ALREADY!!" I stirred as someone pulled out my earphones and shouted in my ear. I blinked open my eyes to glare daggers at my assailant. Fey stood over me, her naturally pale face flushed pink. Obviously she had some kind of death wish.

"YAH!" I shouted, pushing away her hand which was still shaking me. "What is so important!?"

"The poll results are in." She huffed, pulling me out of bed and rushing out of the room to where the other girls stood, gathered around a computer. I stood rubbing my eyes and blinking wearily as the other girls crowded the small screen.

"Omo." Mishri breathed, looking back at me.

"Wha?" I mumbled, feeling drowsiness creeping back up on me. I rubbed my eyes again, trying to focus on the girls.

"Soonyi-ah!" Gigi exclaimed happily, giving me a bright smile.

"Yah! I said 'what', didn't I?" I said grumpily walking closer to the group.

"Reya, you're paired with....Min Yoongi." Fey said, looking up at me. I stared at her in shock, then rubbed my eyes. I wasn't tired anymore, I rubbed them in pure disbeliefe as I stared at the screen. No way.

No one was upset with their matches. Mishri had indeed ended up with Jimin, and she hadn't stopped fretting about it since she found out. Fey was thoroughly pleased with her match, Namjoon. The others were paired: Hina and V, Sable and Jungkook (maknaes unite, what a frightening thought. Those two were bound to cause trouble), Mihi and Jin, Gigi and J Hope. Initially the girls had teased me about being paired with my 'lover' and such other remarks. However, the teasing eased off as the girls began to fret about their own upcoming days.

I returned to my room, still stunned by the news that I'd be spending a lot of upcoming time with Suga. Falling heavily back into my bed, I plugged my earphones back in and some music. CL's 'The Baddest Female' started playing through the speakers, and feeling reasured, I drifted off into sleep once again no longer concerned.

-   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   -   - 

Suga's POV

The whole group was excited with the news of the new filming schedule. All of us had taken an intrest in the group, especially since they blew up so quickly after the debut. The fans absolutely adored them, and several of their own fans had developed a fondness towards the seven girls. Everyone was restless the whole night, excited to find out who they'd be paired with. Even I had trouble sleeping. I wonder if I'll end up wiith Soonyi, I thought to myself imagining the pretty orange haired girl in my mind.

The so called 'ships' that had been developed for the members had been circulating and spreading quickly. Many of the comments on photos of the groups togehter were mainly of fans discussing who they thought went best together. The maknaes were a very popular couple amoung the fans, which didn't suprise me at all. Kookie had always been a fan favorite. Something about maknaes just got to people.

The next morning Jin woke me up. I grumpily got out of bed, only doing so because Jin told me the poll results were out. I walked after my member to where eveyone was gathered, still half asleep. Peering over the others who were seated, I scanned the screen for my name. I blinked, confused at the name beside mine. Reya?

"Hey, who's Reya?" I asked no one in particular, unframiliar with the member's stage names,

"Yah hyung, I'm so dissapointed." J Hope chastised, giving me a disaproving look. "Reya is Kwon Soonyi's stage name."

My heart skipped a beat at his words. So I was with Soonyi after all. I shrugged at J Hope, trying to seem unfazed by the news, and headed back to my room. The more I thought about it, the more nervous I began to feel about spending time with Soonyi. Unsettled by the way I was feeling, I slipped on some headphones, sweeping back my dyed blond hair, and flipped through my music playlist. Deciding on 'Power' by Kanye West, I let the music play and soothe my confused mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

otoke1: "what should I do?" in Korean

 

I've updated 5 chapters already, but it's only my third day writing the story! I hope it's coming along nicely. We're finally getting to the really good parts, and I'm excited. Hope you enjoyed! I also apologize for any mistakes, I'm posting at 3am and my english goes to poop anytime after 1am. 💛💛💛💛💛 -GDB