Chapter II

Nightmares from My Past

After the long talk with them, Amma finally decided to go home for me to rest. I ask Amma to change tour house. Because, everything, all of the memories, still lie in the front of me.

“Amma, can’t we change the house?” looking at the front gate with my tears running.

“I know you wanted too but, the memories, that’s all we have left for him.” Hugging me from behind.

“Oppa, why right now? Why you? You were a really good person, a good Oppa, a good son.” I just don’t get it. I whispered to my head, “I want him back beside me. Like he always do…” I entered the house again but all the memories kept on entering my head.

“If changing our house can make you feel better. I will but…” I rushed to Amma and hug her.

“Kumawoyo, but I know it. Let’s just stay here with Oppa.” Sobbing on her shoulder. I just get sensitive when it comes to talking about Oppa. He’s just really special to me.

“Let’s stop all this crying. We can be cast in a drama. We’re both very dramatic.” We just laugh it out. But, yes, it’s true. Anyone who experienced the same thing will also feel the same.

“Sleep already! You have school tomorrow. It’s your first day please be more FRIENDLIER, okay?” she wants me to emphasize on the last word.

“Arasso, Amma, Good night!” I quickly went to my room.

When you look at my room, it’s filled with memories with Oppa. I wanted to change the house but I can’t even change my own room. I took my personal favorite photo with Oppa, “You won on the competition but you gave me the trophy and the prize.” But I can already feel the tears on my eyes. I put it back and went to sleep.

Next Day:
“Yeon Young! Wake Up!” I can hear Amma scream from the outside. “School starts in 2 hours!” but I’m too last to get up. “If you don’t get up in 5 seconds, you’ll miss your favorite song.” Wheesung’s Cry Cry Cry? Can’t help it so I stand up and rush to the kitchen. “See, I told you.” Giving me my food.

My first day at school. The most terrifying year for me. The same year I lost my Oppa. How about me? I just thought of walking away but for Oppa, I have to do my very best. Fighting! for myself.

“Yeon Young.” Amma still drives me to school. “Don’t forget to make new friends and…” we just arrive at the school. “… and try not to think hard of what happen 5 years ago. Yours are different, remember?”

“Yup, I know.” And then went out. I just can’t explain why I feel like my brother is beside me this year. He’s keeping his promise is he?

We were told to go outside to meet with our other new classmates. I went, but was afraid. Half of the people or rather students who study here know my nightmare or my past. One of the teacher here knows me, fully, everything. She’s Ms. Shawn; she has known my brother since he studied here.

“Ms. Kwan, happy to see you here again.” While I was sitting under a tree.

“Ms. Shawn, I wouldn’t do what you think.” I stood up from my position.

“I’m not saying anything.” Eventhough I know her I still feel weird towards her. 5 years ago, I heard she tried flirting my brother but ended up being hated.

“How is Hye Ji-sshi?”

“Why are you asking for her?” I just really hate her attitude. I don’t like talking to her too. GO AWAY BIACH!

“Nothing much.” Doing a stupid grin on me. “I’ll go now.” So?

I fell asleep waiting for the class to start, I didn’t even realize, I was listening to music when I felt like dozing off. I woke up and there’s a guy in front of me. I was stun.

“What the… who are you?” I became aware of him.

“Hyun Joong-sshi, you are?” but I stand up and run away. I really hate guys, as of the moment. A promise is a promise. Sorry, but my brother trusts me.