Chapter VI:

Nightmares from My Past

 

Chapter VI:

The next day, I over slept and so I didn’t go to school. Maybe, I don’t know how to face them yet. After yesterday. Sung Rin must have seen me in the wrong way.

 

“Yeon Young. Wake up. It’s already noon. You need to eat.” Every year it’s like a tradition that I sleep on my Oppa’s room. “Get out of his room. You can stay there as long as you want later.” But I was too lazy.

 

“Amma, bring the food here.” I know what she will say next,

 

“You might get his room dirty.” She always say that.

 

“Arasso, I’ll come out now.” I heard our doorbell ring. ”Who is it Amma?” I didn’t go out yet.

 

“Ow, Hyun Joong what are you doing here?” I peek on the window and overheard it.

 

“Is this Yeon Young’s house?” he’s holding something.

 

“Yes, but she’s still sleeping.” It was a lie.

 

“Ow, I’ll go ahead then.” He’s leaving.

 

“Wait. Uhm, if you want you can settle in while she’s sleeping.” What is she going to do this time? “She’ll wake up soon. And I anted to ask you about something.” Entering the front door of the house.

 

I went as close to the door so I can still hear them.

 

“Do you want anything?” Omo.

 

“Uhm, anything will be fine.” He’s shy towards my Mom.

 

“Here’s something to eat and Apple Juice.” I open the door to see what is happening. Only a small hole. “Sorry, we only have Ube Cake and Apple Juice, She loves it.” She gave him the cake that I always eat when I’m sad.

 

“It’s okay.” His voice is so low.

 

“Do you like my daughter?” What?! I almost scream inside the room.

 

“I-” he’s stuttering. “Is this the question you wanted to ask?”

 

“Actually,,, no.” I was comfortably leaning on the door. “I have a lot of questions and it’s the first that came to my mind.” A typical Mom.

 

“Well… I ‘do’ like her.” Wait, what? “At first I felt sympathy towards her. When I first knew what happen to her. It’s just I kinda feel the same way.” About his brother. “This tastes good.” Why thank you.

 

“So, now you like her.” There was a long pause.

 

I was trembling of what is happening outside.

 

“Come out now.” She just opened the door and I fell in front in embarrassment.

 

“Hi!” as I stand up and face him.

 

“You can actually hear us. That’s eavesdropping.” But he was laughing.

 

“Sorry.” In a very sorry way.

 

“It’s okay. So…” he took a sip of the juice. “Want to hang out today?” I look at my Mom.

 

“You’re so fast. I haven’t agreed on you.” Mothers will be mothers.

 

“Trust me.” He always say that.

 

“Amma. I’m hungry can I eat first?” it’s actually my way of disturbing.

 

“Come.” Going to the kitchen. “Wait for me.” She sounds scary.

 

“Don’t nose round young girl.” I’m already 19.

 

“Arasso.” And started eating.