Don't Look!

You're My Nightingale

Yonghwa’s POV

The attacker hover his or her body over mine, his or her weight as an advantage to pin me down and limiting my movement. I was considerably lucky enough to have turned my head sideways preventing the impact between my nose and the solid cold cement, my cheeks taking in the pain instead. Since its still morning and the floor was cold it didn’t hurt as much on normal days so I was quite glad but it didn’t mean that my anger had eased. I tried to take a glance at the person hovering over me but in my condition I should have considered how impossible it was to be achieved. The person had tightened his or her grip on my hands at my winch resulting in me grumbling to the floor.

“What do you want?”

I asked with effort, my voice coming out as a growl. I had stopped struggling finding it hard even to catch my breath without successfully in the dusk and lifting my chest with tripled weight on it. As I was busy with my breathing, I felt the tight grip on my hands loosen and stands of silky black hair fell on my cheek. My eyes ventured aimlessly as I felt constant movement slightly touché my back which I guess was the person’s chest moving.

But it’s oddly too soft for a guy’s chest maybe its- no nope I’m no ert, not a ert, not a ert, not a -

“I really don’t want to hurt you but… I have a very small… let say… favour to ask of you,” she whispered to my ears, her voice came soft and soothing.

A girl. This person is a girl. I hate it when I’m right in the most critical condition.

I didn’t answer her mentally slapping myself to the fact that I had just been beaten and pinned to the ground by a GIRL. Impatient and unsatisfied with my reaction the girl on top decided to lean in closer practically laying herself on top of me slowly loosening her grip and finally letting it go. Her hand still pressed against my wrist as the other secretly travelled from the crook of my hand up to my spine. It sent shivers of fear and my eyes widen when I felt them land on my forehead covered by my bangs. She gave a hint as if she was about to hesitantly brush them away but stopped at the slight contact of skin with skin. Noticing her occupied in her trail of thoughts, I swiftly pulled my free hands under me and pushed myself up forcing catching her in surprise. I felt the weight fully disappear behind me halfway up only to feel my stomach crash against the floor again, the air being forced out of my lungs as she tackled.

I landed with a grunt and scrunched my eyes trying to endure the excruciating pain. My hands were repositioned to my sides and saw that she had held them down with her knees sending a new jolting pain through my senses.

“I told you I didn’t want to hurt you,” she hissed.

I felt myself being pulled into a headlock arching my upper half from the ground adding to the pain on my arms and stomach.

“W-what… do you-want?” I was able to say between pants.

I grunted at her every small move which limited the amount of possible air intake leaving me breathless most of the time and it wasn’t caused by her beauty in my disappointment but from her merciless actions. If this is actually some kind of reality wrestling show where they’re supposed to show to kids how bad it was to wrestle in real life, then I’m sooo NOT enjoying it and I’m totally banning that show from MY children.

I guessed she must have felt the slightest feeling of pity from all the grunts and hard breathing as she decided to release me… well at least my head.

“I just… want you to do me a very small favour…” I felt her cross her arms on my back resting her head on them as she said this her voice alluring and seductive.

Then she must have tilted her head as the strands of hair fell back to my face, sending a familiar scent intrude my receptors.

She smelt of a Camellia flower.

She smells like… a Camellia… there’s no mistake about it… she smelt of a Camellia flower…

Surprising even for me, my mind was able to travel from the pain back to a soothing and calm atmosphere in a small green house just behind a blue flower shop. The flower shop that would always smell like Camellia flowers in the morning and by the time it closes only a single red Camellia would stand in the middle of empty flower pots on the counter.

Then the images of a young boy, a toddler to be exact could be seen ring the bell on top of the door frame signalling his presence, eyes wet with tears. As he walked deeper in, an old man with thick white hair and a pair of black round glasses popped from behind the counter. The man holding freshly cut Camellia flowers in his hands and his eyes crescent as her wore a faint smile on his wrinkled equally tired face. He carefully placed the flowers on the counter and knelt down to embrace the boy.

“Did he do it again…?”

I heard him say but it was heard more like a muffle. The images became more blurry as the faint calls from behind my head became louder and louder until I could make up the source of the sound. It became clear as I could hear it and soon I was brought back to reality.

“Hey are you listening?!”

“Yeah…” I said monotonously.

As if startled, she lifted herself into a sitting position and let silence fall upon us as she was too taken aback to come up with a quick reply.

“I need your car,” she finally said.

“What?! No way, I need it to get to my concert, not even the likes of you c-”

“The one that’s two blocks away from here? The one for Indi bands?” she asked excited.

“Yeah, yeah that, now- GET OFF!”

In her excitement she didn’t realize that she had lifted her knees giving me an escape route and with the last bit of energy preserved left I forced myself up this time faster so she was flung from my back for good. A soft ‘ouch’ was heard escaping her lips as I stood with a huff not caring the least for the girl and dusted imaginary dust from my clothes. Mom is so going to kill me, I thought as I saw little stains of dirt stuck to my shirt. I felt the girl send me deathly glares but what do I care. The pain penetrated my back from the pressure could still be felt but I ignored it completely as I set my priority straight.

I have to get to the concert. Fast.

Then I twirled around.

 

Seohyun’s POV

The guy in blue stood up quietly brushing his clothes.

I don’t believe this guy. I’m sure anyone who got married to him will regret it for the rest of her life because he’s NO gentleman! I don’t even think that word even existed in his puny brain.

I only shot deathly glares at him who I knew noticed them but was too absurd and just ignored instead. He did little to show his awareness of my presence sighing, head hung low while his arms stretch to rub his back which I presume must still hurt. I was growing impatient with the silence and I oh so badly wanted to know his answer. Not that I didn’t consider snatching his keys away once he takes them out but I wanted to do it more… nicely.

I blew my bangs away when I saw him straighten up in determination.

Finally.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my hands over my chest. Then it scared me when he motioned to turn around to face me.

Wait. Is he…? No! nonononono! You can’t! What if he sees me?! Of course he would he’s not BLIND! No, no that’s not the point. Point is he CAN’T SEE ME!

With the words rushing in my head and fear tingling my spine I searched the place hoping that I would find the perfect place to hide but by the time I DID it was already too late. He was half way turned, by then all the thoughts left me. My hand absentmindedly fisted and flung straight to his face. I only realized what I had done when the guy in front of me winched and grunted, turning back around his hands covering his nose.

“Ow man, you didn’t have to go that far”

His eyes were scrunched up tight and leaning a bit.

“Omo, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I did-”

My words stopped as I saw red dripping from the tip of his fingers, staining the grey cement. Some went to his arm to his sleeve.

“I-I-I’m sor- I told you I didn’t want to h-”

“Well is taking a look at you mean any harm?!”

It did actually. In my case at that moment, I couldn’t let him know who I was, afraid of my secret being exposed. I didn’t want him to know I was the bride and that I was running away from the shower. I didn’t want him to tell on me who will all together not enabling me to make a run for on that night but I knew better than to say this to him.

“N- um… well… yes?”

 “What? What are you?”

“It’s just- it’s just- just-”

“Just what?!”

I panicked. The guy went with his words and didn’t turn but I knew the chances would be thin if I didn’t answer his quickly. I started to chew my nails eyes wildly scanning everywhere for an alternate reason for my actions.

“Well…?”

That’s it… I give up.

Let hope be the last to die, that is what my mother would tell me whenever I felt down or gave up but she’s not here to tell me so. I let my head hang hopelessly feeling myself at the edge of crying.

It’s hopeless I’m going to be found out and going to be forced to marry with some weirdo…

With a last sigh I gathered all my courage to lift my head bracing myself for anything that was about to happen. He slightly turned his head sideways but I knew he still hadn’t seen me yet so I took a deep breath and slowly let it out. Only then an idea suddenly popped out of the blue as a struck of wind played with my hair.

I know what to do.

Suppressing my grin, I reached out for his hand.

 

Yonghwa’s POV

“Just what?”

I tried my best not to shout. I wasn’t trying to be a gentleman or anything but I figured if I didn’t want to get found out I have got to keep as quiet as possible. This is what you get when you’re involved with girls… she tapped her feet I think without her even knowing she did humming to fill the gaps between her ‘just’ and her undefined reason.

Finally she gave out a sigh and everything was quiet again. Slowly opening my eyes I stated to doubt that the girl was even standing there. I slightly turned my head but my senses still made me aware of her presence. Then I felt a hand touched mine.

“What is it that-” both my words and action to turn around ware stopped as she hushed from behind.

“Don’t turn around,” she softly said.

I turned my head away in obedience feeling myself shiver under her touch for no reason. Then I felt my hand being pulled turning my body to the side but my head remained glued. She rested my hand on something soft and silky. It was cold with a tinge of warmth. With my head turned away I couldn’t make out what was underneath my fingers. Another sigh left her before she trailed them further on the soft surface.

My eyes darted from the floor as my thoughts emptied my head at the feeling of something hard and metallic. She then pulled herself closer forcing my hand around… a small cylinder-like thing. As she pulled closer to her I felt my fingers brushed against strands of hair then everything made sense.

I was touching bare skin.

I quickly pulled my hand away it on my side. I felt heat raise up to my face and I gulped.

“You can’t look… because I’m ,”

 

*******

A/N sorry it took too long~

cheongmal mianhae~

but i'm iin a hurry right now coz i have to leave again... i hate it when parent sign you up for something w/o talling you... sobbu~

and i'll answer comments later hope you don't mind...

i've tried yo lengthen this chapter so... sorry if it ... really tried...

have to go~

comments are loved

subs are loved

i love all my subscribers!!!!!

thanks!!!

bye~