Guilt

You're My Nightingale

Yonghwa’s POV

Today is the dayI thought to myself, adjusting my bloody red bow tie completely awed at the situation as I never seas to have the urge to do so before. Satisfied after what seemed like hours of pulling and grunting I exhaled deeply not tarring my gaze from my reflection.

“It’s time to put the plan in action,” I said grinning and positioning my hands in a gun-like manner in front of me. Sigh… this is not working… I shrugged. It didn’t stop the uneasy feeling inside of me. Sigh. I stood straight again with determination on my face and said,

“Yonghwa you look awesome and everything is going to be fine…”

Giving a nod to my reflection I was taken aback when I heard my mother shouting my name. She sounded like she was tearing her lungs out early in the morning and I knew I had to come down or else she probably tear her lungs for real. Puffing my cheeks I forced the air warm out with a sigh fogging the mirror. I turned and headed for the door. Taking another deep breath, I climbed down the stairs feeling the anxiety building inside me again. I counted the steps I took hoping that if I did they would never end but unfortunately they had, finding a stop upon tapping shiny red stiletto heels.

“Took you long enough”

“Hmm”

I turned away from the heels as fast as I could, keeping my head faced down not wanting to make eye contact with the impatient owner. I didn’t think I could make myself to do so. It wasn’t of my understanding of what I’m feeling at the moment but I was certain it wasn’t fear nor was it extreme excitement. Scrunching my brows I was completely absorbed in my thoughts.

“Thanks for keeping your promise honey,” I heard my mom stated from behind me, only then as I reached the car door it had dawned in me. The feeling that was growing with every step I take was the feeling of guilt.

Yes, I feel guilty.

Ever since that meeting in the café and hearing out Minhyuk’s idea, the image of my mom’s disappointed expression would appear in my head. No matter how much I try and wipe the image away it kept coming back hunting me day and night.

“Sigh, there’s no turning back”

“What did you say?”

“Umm, nothing,” I brushed her off quickly getting into the car. Another conversation would make it worst therefore I have to avoid that.

“Relax dude she’ll never notice”

Jungshin’s voice repeatedly rang in my head. Sigh. I sunk deeper into the car scrunching my eyes shut in hope that that would calm my nerves. Mom entered the driver’s seat looking confused and worried. She started the engine but still had her eyes on me from the rare mirror. My dad had had a head start since he wouldn’t want to be late for the special event but I wouldn’t call it late since the future bride and her soul mate was not there yet.

“Yonghwa-yah are you alright? You’ve been sighing all morning,” she said as I felt my body being force backward.

“Nothing…”

“You sure?”

“Yeah…” I said giving her a reassuring smile then as if satisfied she placed her eyes on the road. I went back to counting the trees that passed by middling with my fingers.

“Well everything is going to be fine,” she giggled.

Oh, you have no idea what’s coming your way.

Seohyun’s POV

“Oh Kyuhyun is going to be so surprise~” mother sang putting make-up on her delicate pale skin. She was happily mumbling practically to herself about my future husband. I only managed to let out a sigh in respond after she was finished. Even though I haven’t been walking nor do anything my feet were soaring and my head was throbbing like its going to burst in seconds.

“Stop sighing you’re going to have wrinkles on the day of your wedding and I know Kyuhyun is not going to want that,”

“Sigh”

“Seohyun-ah”

“Sorry umma~”

I pouted looking myself in the mirror. I was wearing a beautiful knee length white dress that had ruffled skirt with a sky blue cloth tied around my waist. I felt a little cold from my exposed arms and collar bone but it soon was gone as my mother held on to my shoulders and smiled. I returned her smile. This will be the last time I spend time with umma~

“You look beautiful Seohyun-ah… I’m so proud of having a daughter like you”

I felt tears treating to roll down my cheeks at my mother’s statement and I swiftly wiped it away breathing unsteadily.

“Omo, what’s wrong dear?”

“I love you umma,” I turned and embraced her. I cried my eyes out when I felt her hand return the embrace rubbing my back.

“I l-love y-you al-always,” I said between sobs. I felt her rest her chin on my shoulder and kissing me.

“And I’ll always love you no matter what”

My mother pulled my hands from her waist to look me in the eyes. She gave a soft smile as her hand trailed down my arm then up again.

“Stop crying now you’re going to ruin the make-up”

I nodded feeling my mother’s lips on my forehead before she left closing the door behind her.

Would you still love me even if I ran away?

 

*********

sorry for the late update i had a cold...

and i'm not that well yet so i think i'll somehow effect the story... hehehe

sorry if it's not that good but still hope you love it~

zybeel : thank you for the comments when i read it o could almost feel the cold fly away hahaha... and truely thanks for the advice...

 

comments are loved<3<3

subscribers are love<3<3

:D

you never fail to make my day~