Deal

You're My Nightingale

Seohyun’s POV

Of all the people in the HUGE world, why does it have to be HIM?!

“You again?”

He seemed utterly surprised by my statement, tilting his head from left to right. He wore a confused expression on his face. He narrowed his already small eyes closing up the distance between us. I stepped backwards hoping by doing so would decrease the thickening tension between us but it was more or less useless.

“Hey… you look fairly different without make-up,” he said with an ‘oh’ finally backing away to a normal stand and grinning to himself.

“I don’t look different and I don’t even wear make-up, you’re the one who’s too old to even remember your mother’s face,” narrowing my eyes as I countered completely forgetting about my manners. I didn’t think I needed it especially with this guy.

“Is that how you treat your husband-to-be?” he said traveling his finger from my arm to my cheek before he pinched it. I slapped his hand away with a growl. I wouldn’t bother put up a conversation knowing that I wouldn’t get any benefits from it. We both stood in silence, him grinning at me and me glaring at him. It went on for quite a long time.

Well… until I my patience ran out.

“I had enough of this,” I finally said pushing my way around him, purposely smacking his elbow on the way but to my surprise I didn’t go far as I felt Kyuhyun’s hand held tightly on my wrist pulling me back to where I was standing. I flinched under his tight grip feeling a slight sting where he was gripping me. I struggled to free myself but it only made his grip tighter with every force implied. Gritting my teeth I gave him a deadly stare feigning hatred.

“Yah, let me go you pab-”

“End that sentence and I’ll end your little misadventure,” he hissed cutting me off and jerking his brows as an amusement expression could be seen lingering on his face.

“Wha-”

“Oh, I forgot…you didn’t go for an adventure, you ran away from the bridal shower like a very disobedient child and ruining our family names, which makes you the most wanted person in both our family. Or have you yourself forgotten?”

If you were to ask me that time it came out more like a threat then a question. Hearing this I froze, my legs completely nailed to the ground and feeling my mind averting away from the pain on my wrist now only pondering on the his words. Slowly and unintentionally I averted my eyes away traveling right down to stare at the floor in despair.

This is the end. I’m domed. He’s going to tell my parents and I would be forced to marry this dumb-dumb and all my hard work will go to waste.

I opened and closed my mouth countless of time trying to think of something productive to say but no words were formed leaving me stuck in that position. I was lucky that Kyuhyun had let go of my wrist which I assume was from his realization of my body becoming more intense with time. I sunk deeper into my thoughts before I realized the figure in front of me shifted slightly.

I was caught by surprise as I felt my head being nudged upward forcing me to face Kyuhyun again.

“I’ll you what. I’ll let it sly,”

His statement surprised me. I didn’t expect him to genuinely give me a free getaway knowing how impudent he was. I blinked hard.

“You’re just going to me go?”

He chuckled and shaking his head amused.

“You really didn’t think that I would let you go that easily would you?”

Yeah, I thought as much.

Kyuhyun took a step closer to me this time practically glaring at me and grinned when he noticed I tensed up.

“But I’m glad you asked. I’ll give you precisely three months, for you to find a very good reason towards your actions, ara?” he said slow and steady.

 “What?”

He held up three of his fingers and said, “three months only for you to get yourself a lover, if not… then I get you…”

I gulped. Three months to find a lover? Just what exactly is he up to? Kyuhyun chucked again then made his way for the principal’s door. Three month is too short to be doing what he had asked me for. I felt my worries reach its peak as he encircled his hand on the door. Sweat tickled down my cheeks. I need more time.

“Three months is not enough!” I shouted hoping to stop him in his pace. Luckily it did. He turned his head back at my direction his expression remained unchanged.

“Give me five months-”

“Four. Take it or leave it”

“Fine as long as you keep your promise”

He chuckled again at my request he probably thought of me as a moron.

“I will,” he finally answer after a long minute of silence and with that he disappeared beyond the principal’s door. I stared back down to the floor not trying to register what had happened a few moments ago.

“Oh, and you should return that jacket to its owner.” Kyuhyun said popping his head from the door. He gave me a wave and went back in.

Jacket? Oh, jacket!

My eyes quickly travelled to my bag that held the brown jacket that was half tucked in. I took it out and held it to my face. It was warm and it still smelt of Camellia flowers. My mind went back to the time of the escape and the wonder guy.

“I better return it… but how?”

 

Yonghwa’s POV

“Yah, little brat stop I’m beat,” I said huffing between breaths holding my knees to support my weigh. We were standing in front of the school building as the gate was about to close up on us. Jonghyun and I had followed the girl with my jacket all the way from down town to our school but unfortunately lost her when she turned into a corner.

“You’ve definitely lost your grip huh hyung,” Jonghyun grin showing less effort to regain his energy.

“Yah, Jongh-”

“Hurry hyung we’re late”

Jonghyun just ran through the gates waving and grinning obviously trying to get on my nerves. I only rolled my eyes sighing as I shuffled to school staring at nothing but my shoes.

“You’re early today Yonghwa-ssi,” I heard a voice from behind and my sleeve being pulled. I ly to be met with Mr Lee, the cruellest discipline teacher ever to exist in our school.

“Urgh… yo Mr Lee what’s up?”

Mr Lee gave me a sceptical look as if speaking with eye language that I find hard to understand. “Don’t yo Mr Lee me, you’re almost late to school and violated the school rules do you know what that means?” he said pulling the flaming red t-shirt under my school uniform.

“Umm… do I get a day off?” I said after feigning to be thinking hard. Well I could tell that it wasn’t a satisfying answer as I got a slap on the back of my head.

“Come with me. We’re taking a visit to the principal’s office,” Mr Lee said pulling me by the ear. I was forced followed him as usual uttering a countless of ‘ouch’ holding on to his wrist enduring the pain.

“Yah, yah Mr Lee I’ll follow you but let me go this hurts you know...”

“I know better than to let you go, you’re just going to run away”

“Do you think that low of me, that’s sad Mr Lee I tho-”

 My words were stopped as my eye caught sight of my brown jacket in the hands of the girl from this morning. The was making her way out of the school building tightly holding my jacket close to her chest.  Is she from this school? But… she’s not wearing any uniform… slowly I watched her past by but I didn’t get a glimpse of her face. Without realising I twirled under the teacher’s grasp unintentionally freeing myself and charging for the girl. She was just about to step out of the door when I grabbed for her.

“Chogiyo,” I held on her shoulder but when she turned I felt my collar being pulled and in an instance pulling me away from looking at her.

“Mian this kid’s been nothing but trouble hope you forgive him,”

“Yah old man let me go!” the teacher’s grip was too strong it couldn’t let myself free by a long shot.

“It’s okay. I’ll be going first then,”

What?! No don’t go!

“Yes sure,”

I know that voice. That voice from the day of the bridal shower. It’s the same voice. I did another twirl as I felt the grip on my collar loosen a bit and was freed again only to be caught in a headlock. I could only watch as the girl walked away with my beloved jacket.

“Why did I even give her my favourite jacket in the first place…” I said more or less to myself sulking under the armpit of a discipline teacher.

“But I have to see her my-”

“Come on we’re going to the principal’s office”

“But-”

“Off we go.”

This is going to be hell.

 

Seohyun’s POV

At the front gate I stopped in my haste. Putting my finger to my chin trapped in my train of thoughts.

I could have sworn I recognise that voice. Was it the same person?

I turned to look back at the boy being dragged into the halls in a headlock. I giggled, there was no way my dream guy was the same guy who’s always causing trouble. I shook my head and went on home.

My mind suddenly travelled back to Kyuhyun’s words.

I’ll give you three months to get yourself a lover…

“Maybe this guy could help,” I uttered to myself holding up the lucky jacket. Then I without realisation a soft grin made its way on my face.

It would sure be like a dream come true if we were in the same school, it’ll like heaven on earth.

 

 

*******

hey everybody...

yeah i know i didn't keep my promise...

but that was because i didn't know that senior year could be such a pain,

yeah tried to update sooo many times but i always fail...

fuh... i updated now.. :3

sorry again for making you wait..

n thanks a LOT for those who still stayed.. i mean i know how hard it is to stay to an almost forever unupdated fic...

well subscribers are loved...

comments are loved.. :)

 

love you guys :D