Angry day

You're My Nightingale

Seohyun’s POV

My morning began with another squealing fight against my mother. She banging on my door summoning me to come out. I just laid on my bed not wanting to move even a finger. I had looked myself in my room feeling my life slowly turning to dust. It’s just a matter of time before it’ll be swept away by a gush of wind. Sighing I didn’t want to think of what my mother had for me today. My mother was always up to something. Ever since father got busy with his work and paying attention only to his cliques I guessed my mother felt unloved and decided to invest her unwanted love on my sister and I.

Well mostly me.

Giving another deep sigh I wondered when my mother’s bagging and shouting will stop. From the looks of it, it might take the whole day maybe even the whole week. Even if it takes her the whole month I definitely will not, will NEVER open that door.

“Click”

“What is it umma~”

Sunny groaned standing in front of a wide opened door her hand still encircled on the door knob. Shoot! I forgot about Sunny unnie! I thought to myself narrowing my eyes at the table lamp. Sunny rubbed her eyes in dissatisfaction completely unaware of the flaming old aged woman standing in front of her. I think I could see smoke coming out of her nostrils.

“Seo… hyun… ah…” my mother said in between her heavy breathing.

“Oh! Ha-ha, hi umma you look pretty today,” I snickered obviously not knowing what else to utter. Sunny looked from my mother to my then back at her in confusion the heat between us becoming more intense.

“What’s going on?”

Sunny scrunched her nose trying to put the puzzle pieces together but clearly not making any progress in it. I shot Sunny short glances but sadly she was too oblivious to the situation to even notice anything. Oh come on Sunny unnie! You can do better than that!

“Seohyun-ah stop looking at your sister and come with me,” my mother marched in and clutched my wrist and pulled me to my feet.

“Ouch, umma that hurts,” I whined twisting to free myself but her tightening grip and constant pulling made it quite impossible. Thus I only made it worst by struggling.

“Umma it hurts stop pulling~”

My mother didn’t answer me. She dragged me out of the house and into her car.

“Umma where are we going now?”

“We’re going to arrange your bridal shower and don’t think of running away because it’s really faraway”

“Well why didn’t you just go alone? You’ve always chose everything for me without caring for what I want and-”

“It’s for the best. I only want the best for you”

“Well I don’t want the best anymore, in fact I don’t want anything at all!”

“Don’t you raise your voice young lady!”

“Why can’t you just-”

“Just what? Huh? I did everything for you, I arranged everything for a better future for you what else do you want? Seohyun-ah you never disobeyed me like this what has gotten into you?”

I was taken aback by mother’s words. I know so well that what my mother said was true. In all my life I’ve never disobeyed my mother nor my father. Unlike Sunny I had always listened to them and always did what they told me to. I sacrificed everything I dreamed of in order to meet with their wishes. I gave up my music to go to cooking class as my mother said that I should be a good cook for my husband. I gave up my dancing class to learn in my father’s orders saying it’s good investment in whatever work he was doing but unfortunately that wasn’t enough for them.

My sadness was at its peak  when I had to make my biggest sacrifice. I had to give up my singing. I have loved singing since I was only a toddler. Singing was the colour to my life and the sunshine to my rainy days and my worries but sadly neither my parents have the same view. They think music was just a waste of time and inappropriate. Sometimes I think they’re a little deaf. Just a little. But this time I don’t think I can put up with it any longer. This marriage is something totally different involving my future that I certainly don’t want to ruin by tolerating with my parents. It’s my life and I won’t let my parents ruin it, not this time.

 

Yonghwa’s POV

In the car my mom and I didn’t utter a single word. Only silence befriend us. Along the way I noticed my mom taking little glances at me meddling with her fingers on the staring wheels in anxiety.

“Yonghwa-yah”

“Hmm?”

“You know that this event means everything to your father right? He doesn’t want to look… bad in front of his friends and you know that… he has to have a good image for his-”

“I know umma,” I said still gazing out the window.

I turned my attention to the trees on the roadside worried to look into my mom’s eyes. She only kept quiet. My mom always does that when she feels her words had hurt me. Well they always do whenever she talks about my dad. I wonder how she never seemed to realise it… or pretended that she didn’t.

“You tell me that every day so I know”

My mom seemed to set her worries aside at my words when she gave a sigh. Again the awkward silence was the only company. Yeah silence is the friend that never betrays…

We continued to stay like that the whole way to the store. I set my eyes on a black car coming to a stop in union to our car. I turned to my mom only to find her tapping on the car boot with  her arms crossed. She jerked her eyebrows when I was nailed to my seat my brain failing to register what had happened.

“Well?” she asked amused.

“Yeah, yeah hold your horses I’m coming”

My mom was already walking away to the shop as I lazily stepped out and shut the door behind me. Other people might have thought that my mom has this bad habit of forgetting to lock the car but trust me that’s not the case at all. She knew me enough to leave the car keys on the car to let ne lock the car whenever I’m done middling with time.

“The things you do never fails to take me by surprise umma,” I muttered to myself hearing the car click with a beep.

“Ouch!”

I turned my head only to be met with someone’s forehead smacking my nose. I grunted and she fell to the floor.

“Yah watch where you’re going!” I shouted holding my nose to get better endurance. She stumbled trying to get on her feet.

“Me? You’re the one who should watch where you’re turning you fat head!”

Her dark brown eye never left mine filled with anger. She was a tall slender girl with long slightly below her shoulder length black hair. She wasn’t that fashionable as she was only wearing a purple sleeveless shirt with a quarter-cut jeans.

“I think it’s a little shaggy.” I said eyeing her up and down and tapping my chin. She looked herself to her toes then shoved me backwards.

“You should be apologizing not giving me comments about other people’s clothes jerk!” she beamed.

“You’re the one who should apologize chubby, and at the mean time you should get yourself a pair of glasses”

“Why y-”

“Seohyun-ah~ hurry up will you?” I turned and saw a thin woman around my mom’s age standing in front of a bridal store raising her hand at the girl. She groaned under her breath.

“I’ll get you for that,” she pointed a finger at me when she said this.

“Omo, I’m so scared,” I rolled my eyes sarcasm clearly could be heard in my voice. She snorted at me scrunching her nose in doing so which I had to admit made her look really cute.

“Yes umma~” was the only thing I heard before the girl disappeared into the store.

“Why do I feel funny?”

Shaking my head to dismiss that thought and quickly went to my mom’s direction.

 

*******

sorry for not updating~

i hope you liked it~ as i said i'm not really good at this :( but i'll try hard!

i had to do homework~ hehehe

but i'll try and make it up to you soon!

comments are love! ~

so please comment cuz i need to improve~ hehe

subcribers are loved!~ please subscribe