Did she now?

You're My Nightingale

Yonghwa’s POV

Finally after what seemed like forever of silent quarrels and debates, the organiser let me perform on the show but with one condition…

I’d have to have a rolled up tissue stuck up my nose. Somehow he said that anyway of stopping the blood from flowing then it will be fine but I didn’t aspect Jonghyun to react absentmindedly by putting a rolled tissue up my nose-God knows where he got the tissue. Well, it’s either that public humiliation or no performance which I’d mind telling again that I’ve put a lot of effort to make it here half alive from the previous danger of an upset mother and the fight with a wild girl popping from nowhere. This was definitely worth a shot.

“I’m so going to get you for this Jonghyun-ah” I hissed close to his ear so he would hear me despite the loud screams of the fans which slowly drifted to a wave of laughter.

“Don’t worry hyung it’ll only be a second, by the time they hear us play they’ll forget all about your nose and start chanting our names,” Jonghyun replied. The laughter became more and more audible and less of a muffle of sounds being mixed together. I looked at the audience and caught sight of eyes praying at me obviously looking puzzled, not at me but at my nose.

“I hope you right”

Jungshin stole a glance at me as I nodded then started to pluck a few strings on his base guitar signalling the intro that brought every soul present to keep at a very quiet pace listening to the melodious sounds coming from the speakers. He kept it at a slow romantic rhythm soothing their ears with something much to differ with. They were enchanted by the music he made. I could hardly even believe that anyone could play a base guitar as good as Jungshin does I guess that’s where our group scores a bonus. Jungshin stopped to stare at the still mesmerized audience eyeing them thoroughly through narrowed eyes and for a moment they seemed to be doing exactly that at Jungshin before Minhyuk caught them by surprise tapping his drum sticks together and counting ‘1, 2, 3’.

All four of us played the intro of the music loud and hard wakening the hypnotized people immediately making them shout and scream in excitement and raising their hands in union to the music. They were nodding their heads to our music but I soon pushed them of the edge when I began singing.

“Tell me, tell me sarangeul malhaejwo
Tell me, tell me ne sarang jeonhaejwo
Love me, love me nae pume angyeojwo
Kiss me, kiss me neomaneul saranghae”

 

One of them shouted so loud that I thought might have been ripped right out of her. Someone please call the medics.

“I want you oh my love naman barabwajwo
Neomaneul saranghae sesang modu byeonhaedo
Oh my love neoman bomyeon ddwineun gaseum eonjeggajina
Neoman damgo isseulge

L.O.V.E Girl nae soneul japgo Fly
L.O.V.E Girl uh uh, nareul mitgo Fly high
L.O.V.E Boy Ye-Ye-Yes we can fly to the sky
L.O.V.E Boy I will take you there baby”

 

Everyone liberally forgot about the tissue stuck to my nose and screamed their heads off nodding and waving and by the time the sing was over, they were practically as exhausted as we were. Raising my hand high above my head I gave them a satisfactory wave and a nod before heading backstage. I set my guitar down gasping for air. Singing with your nose plunged isn’t an easy job. It really takes your breath away. Literally. The oozing pain was gone replaced by satisfaction and over the heaven amount of happiness. We never had so much support from our past performance but this one was so amazingly off the edge that I still had a hard time believing it. Grinning and giggling to myself, I reached out to grab a bottle of water but felt my wrist being pulled elsewhere.

“What now Jonghyun-ah?” finding the person who had stopped me was Jonghyun as I turned really put the added the bitterness in my happy moments.

“Hyung, we still need to get you to the doctors,” he said sternly burning holes into my eyes.

“What? But I’m fin-”

“No you’re not. Come with me now hyung”

Without any further question I obliged with his request. Man I feel like a kid… and I thought I was the older one here…

 

Seohyun’s POV

I think I was being stupid and temporarily out of my mind. I hadn’t have to stay but somehow I felt the urge to want to know the wonder boy. It was a long way here to the concert and also a long exhausting fight between me and him but it I never got a glimpse at him even for a second. It kills me to wonder of his identity and his origins that I hadn’t had the chance to revealed. It simply was intoxicating.

“L.O.V.E girl”

The band had ended their performance, the last few words completely knocked out the sanity in me to just walk away. I had stayed in one place throughout the whole song weighing my decisions. It wasn’t normal for me to crave for another being’s personal info but this time I couldn’t turn even my own attentions down. This guy was a total wonder that I thought would only appear in fairy tales in our modern era. Yet he appeared right before me in the most unexpected ways.

It was just too good to be true.

I roamed through the thousands of people wildly jumping up and down cheering the band’s name. A familiar sky blue garment caught my eye but I wasn’t able to see his face from all the hands held up high. This is the bad point of being short.

“Thank you everybody!” shouted the all-so-familiar voice.

Frustrated, I tried pushing myself past the crowd heading in front of the stage only to be pushed back out the entrance with no efforts at all. Huffing and puffing I had my second attempt but clearly it was just another failure.

“Admit it Seohyun you’re never going to know about this guy, he’s only going to appear in your fairy tales”

Slumping my shoulders, letting my arms hang on my sides I my heels and walked away with no attempts to turn back just for the sake of not letting my hopes down.

 

Yonghwa’s POV

It had been a minute or two since the doctor stuck his supposedly tiny flashlight in my nose and muttering something to himself. It was bad enough that I get my nose jammed with tissue in public and now I’m having it poked with a bold-pen size flashlight by a doctor whom I presume wasn’t in his right state of mind judging by the eye beds under his faint scarlet eyes.

Jonghyun and I had left to the clinic while the others wait for the winner to be announced. I really wanted to stay I could as I was force to go to a check-up to ease Jonghyun’s worries. Seriously I think he acts like a girl sometimes

“Well… he seems to be just fine. His nose only suffered bleeding from inner nose injuries nothing serious…” the doctor said finally taking the flashlight out and wiping it. When he was done he fixed his glasses and took another glimpse at me before writing something down.

“… thought mind I ask you… did you get punched hard by someone…?” he asked after a moment of silence still not looking up from his note. His glasses slid on his nose bridge as he studied me through dark brown orbs.

“Yes I do mind you askin-”

“Hyung…”

“Sigh, no of course not why would I be punch-”

“Hyung” Jonghyun said more sternly. This somehow seemed to do the trick.

“Yes. Yes I was”

The doctor looked at me then back at Jonghyun amusement faintly lingering on his expression.

“That must have hurt right?” grinning, he kept his eyes on the white paper full of scribbling black ink.

“Hey, it’s not like I’ve been punched by a girl or… or anything…”

I averted my eyes to the floor aware that I had just admitted being punched by a girl. If you’re a guy you would know how that feels. Yes, humiliated. Jonghyun face palmed and shook his head.

In the car we stayed silent through the rest of the journey, neither of us even tried to make an effort to put up a conversation as I drove us back to the wedding shower. Well, certainly not after so much humiliation happening to me in one day. I saw later Jonghyun kept taking side glances at me scratching the back of his head.

“What?” I asked completely not amused by the fidgeting and struggling about.

“Was… was it really… a-a girl hyung…?” he asked clearing his throat.

“Don’t think low of me”

“N-no that’s not it, it’s just…”

“Just what?” I beamed unintentionally. I ended up regretting my actions when I heard him whimper sinking lower into his seat. I swallowed but it tasted like sand paper being pushed down my throat.

“S-sorry,” I apologised lowering my voice until even I was unable to hear it clearly. He seemed to have forgiven me as he sat straight again with a soft smile.

“It’s just that… I think that girl must have been a very talented rugby player since she managed to cause you that much pain,” he giggled.

I blinked a few time unable to believe what had just been said by my dongsaeng but it didn’t fail to tear a wide smile across my face. Then as the parking lot came into view we laughed even louder not knowing why though. We just did.

Just as I pulled over people were gathering in the parking lot murmuring about something worry drawn upon their faces. Some were even leaving looking angry and unsatisfied.

“What happened here?” Jonghyun asked peering to my side of the window looking as much confused as I was. Sadly, even I had no answer for his question.

“Who knows, maybe it’s a runaway bride or something”

We both laughed at the statement thinking that it was impossible for anything like that to happen. A tap was heard from the car window and we both turned to see my mom an unidentified expression lingering on her face signalling us to come out. She was surprised to see me as I got out.

“Honey what happened to you? What happened to your nose?”

“Oh, I um…”

“Fell down.” Jonghyun held out a hand cutting him off.

“And why are you here Jonghyun-ah?” his mother seemingly more puzzled than ever.

“I um-I…”

“Helped me to the clinic”

My mom looked  from Jonghyun to me then back at him looking more confused than before. But she shook it off pulling at my arm to the car.

“Come honey lets go home”

“Home? I thought the shower ends at night?”

“Well they had to cancel,”  my mom said opening the car door for Jonghyun and I to enter.

“Why? The bride ran away?” I asked meaning to make fun of the situation. Both Jonghyun and I laughed. My mom obviously wasn’t the slightest amused getting in the car after them.

“Yes, that’s exactly what happened.”

“Y-you’re not kidding… right?”

“Of course not”

With wide eyes Jonghyun and I exchanged glances.

“Did she now?”

 

*********************************

A/N soooooo sorry i took so long, my mom wouldn't let me use the internet  caouse of the big exam i'm taking this year...

my mom likes to take... maybe what you call safety precausions... she wants me to pass with flying colors...

i can't say i blame her though... but i'll try and manage a regular update maybe avary weekends...

sorry again... i hope you'll still enjoy my story...:)

comments are loved...

subscribers are loved...