Jitters

Oh Girls

Taecyeon entered the back of the plane and took the nearest window seat he could find. As he began to buckle his seatbelt, Victoria, Hara, Jessica, and Hani entered the plane. Victoria carried Hani, who was too weak to walk on her own to the seats directly across from Taecyeon. Hara sat in the seat behind them, while Jessica took the seat directly next to Taecyeon. She buckled her seatbelt and leaned her head against the seat’s headrest, as she closed her eyes.

Taecyeon smiled at how relaxed she seemed.

“I take it this isn’t your first flight.” He said.

Jessica smirked as she turned to face him, “No, it’s not.”

“How do you do it?”

“Do what?”

“Be so relaxed…don’t you ever get pre-flight jitters?”

“Pre-flight jitters?” Jessica chuckled

“Yeah,” Taecyeon laughed, “I know it sounds funny, but I always get anxious before takeoff.”

“It’s only because your mind is preparing you for the worst,” Jessica said as she sat up. “Once you release your mind from those thoughts all the jitters cease to exist.”

Taecyeon turned to look out the window, “Easier said than done.”

Jessica gently placed a hand on Taecyeon’s shoulder. “Hey, tell me more about your sister.”

Taecyeon gave her a puzzled look. “My sister?

 “Um hm,” Jessica nodded.

“Ok…where do I even start?” Taecyeon leaned back in his seat and folded his arms as he tried to recall details about his sister. “It’s been years since I’ve actually seen my sister…but from what I remember she was beautiful, some would say captivating almost…kind of like you.” He paused, mentally cursing himself for his slip of tongue, but from the corner of his eye he could see a small grin on Jessica’s face. He smiled to himself as well before continuing. “Her name is Maria, well legally anyways…she changed it after our parents died. She didn’t like the looks people gave her when she said who she was…she didn’t want their pity. I’m the only one she allows to call her by her real name. In fact besides her husband I may be the only one who knows it.”

“What is it?” Jessica asked, “I mean if it’s ok for me to know.”

“Solji,” Taecyeon replied, “she was named after our grandmother.”

“That’s a pretty name,” Jessica began,

“A family secret too…” Taecyeon said.

"Not anymore I guess...sorry about that,"

"Not necessarily," Taecyeon smiled.

Jessica cheeks were flushed with color as he averted her eyes away from Taecyeon.

"Hey look," she said as she pointed towards the window. "You did it."

Taecyeon looked out the window to see that they were at eye level with the clouds. They were flying, and Taecyeon hadn't even noticed that the plane even took off. He turned back to Jessica, who had a knowing grin across her face.

"You planned this didn't you?"

"I told you it was all in your head."

"You're pretty clever," Taecyeon smiled.

"I try." Jessica beamed, "Now finish telling me about your sister, we have a pretty long flight."

…..
 

"Isn't the full moon just beautiful?" A woman called to her husband who stood silently behind her.

"How'd you know I was here?" Her husband replied as he wrapped his arms around her waist embracing her in a tight back hug.

"You've never been good with surprises Oliver," she giggled.

"Oh really? You seemed pretty surprised when I proposed."

"I'll give you that one," the woman replied before placing a kiss on her husband's cheek.

"Thank you," Oliver smiled. He moved his hands from her waist and placed them gently on her bulging belly. "How's my little Ava doing?"

"Little Charlie is just fine." The woman grinned as she turned to face Oliver.

"I'm telling you Maria that it's a girl."

"And I'm telling you that we're having a baby boy."

There was a slight knock on the door and the loving couple turned to see the butler Liam peak his head through the door.

"Excuse me," Liam spoke as he entered the room. "There's someone at the gate asking for a Solji?"

Maria's eyes grew wide. "Oliver you don't think it's..."

"I don't know," Oliver replied, "You stay here and I'll go check."

"No," Maria grabbed her husband by the wrist as he tried to leave the room. "I'll go. I want to see for myself."

"Then we'll go together."

Taecyeon stood on the outskirts of a gated mansion. The nerves coursing through his body made his hands tremble. The last time he saw his sister was 7 years ago, the day she left for England. The two kept in touch over the years, but only through mail. He’d never been to her home before. In fact he wasn’t even sure if this was even her place now. She sent him this address two years ago when Taecyeon was struggling to find work and was on the verge of eviction.

          “Whoa Taecyeon,” Jimin gasped, “You never said your sister was rich!”

          Taecyeon didn’t respond. He just stood there staring at the mansion in front of them. Jessica moved beside him grabbing one of his hands with her own. Taecyeon broke his gaze from the house to look down at their interlocked fingers. “You were shaking,” she whispered.

“Thanks,” Taecyeon smiled.

          The gates slowly opened and out walked a red headed beauty in an all-white nightgown. She had one hand placed firmly on her protruding belly bump and the other intertwined with the tall muscular blonde besides her.

          “Taecyeon?!” The woman squealed as she made eye contact with Taecyeon. She quickly removed herself from the embrace of the man besides her and ran over to Taecyeon embracing him in a tight hug. “I can’t believe it’s actually you.”

          She pulled back holding Taecyeon at arm’s length to get a better look at him. “You’ve grown up so much! Just look at you!”

          Taecyeon became a light shade of pink. “Solji,” he mumbled, “you’re embarrassing me.”

          “Oh…” the woman, Solji, said softly before awkwardly giggling. “I’m sorry.” She then turned to face Jessica who stood beside Taecyeon.  “I’m Maria, Taecyeon’s sister. Solji is my birth name but I changed it years ago. Taecyeon is the only one who still refers to me by that name, which is sort of how I knew it had to be him at the gate.” She then extended a hand towards her. “You must be his girlfriend?”

          Jessica eyes grew wide as random sounds and phrases fumbled from . Jimin and Hani giggled loudly in the background causing Maria to realize her mistake.

“I’m sorry,” Maria apologized. “It’s just I saw you two holding hands so I just…”

“Solji!” Taecyeon yelled,

“It’s ok,” Jessica finally spoke. She took Maria’s hand in her’s and shook it firmly. “I’m Jessica. Taecyeon and I are…we’re…friends.” Jessica looked past Maria to see the man from before coming towards them.

“Is everything ok Maria?” the man asked putting his hand around Maria’s shoulder.

Maria turned to him and smiled. “Everything’s fine Oliver. I just need put a foot in my mouth that’s all.”

“Hi Oliver, it’s good to see you again.” Taecyeon greeted.

“Likewise,” Oliver smiled, “Why don’t we all go inside it’s getting a bit cold and it’s not good for Maria or Ava to be out here for too long.”

“Who’s Ava?” Taecyeon asked.

“Ava is what your Brother-in-Law named the baby,” Maria said as she rubbed her belly. “But Charlie here is a boy, and I don’t think he’d like being called Ava.”

“You’re pregnant?!” Taecyeon shouted with wide eyes. He looked down towards his sister belly and realized what he had mistaken for fat was actually a growing bundle of joy.

“No duh,” Maria laughed. “I see some things never change, you’re still as dense as you were when we were kids.” She took Oliver hand into hers and headed back towards the mansion. “Come on in,” she called back to Taecyeon and the girls. “We have a lot to catch up on.”