Planes

Oh Girls

About an hour later they pulled up to an old air hangar near the coast. Despite its gorgeous surroundings the hangar looked quite rustic, like it had been built during the industrial revolution and hasn’t been touched since. They all got out except Victoria who stayed behind with Hani, who still hadn't come to. Jimin took the lead as she waltzed happily towards the entrance. Taecyeon, Hara, and Jessica followed close behind. The inside of the hangar looked no different from its exterior. There were several disassembled plane parts lying around the place, workbenches with old tools and smaller handheld parts on and around them.

Taecyeon began to grow weary looking at his surroundings. If the plane looked anything like this place he was sure they’d all die before they even made it out of Korea.  Jimin suddenly stopped in her tracks and turned to face them. “Stay here,” she said. They all nodded in agreement and watched her quickly turn and head towards the back of the hangar.

“This place stinks,” Hara said once Jimin was out of sight. “It smells like oil and sardines.” She pulled her sleeves up to her hand and covered her nose.

Jessica laughed, “You’re so dramatic. I just find it weird that there aren’t any fully assembled planes in here. I mean isn’t this an air hangar.”

Taecyeon opened his mouth to speak but a loud scream came out of nowhere.

“It’s Jimin!” Jessica said before running off in the direction Jimin went. Hara and Taecyeon quickly followed after her. As they got closer to where the sound came from they began to hear what sounded like laughter. Much to their confusion, they saw Jimin dying of laughter in front of a blond girl who had her back turned to them.

“Jimin?” Jessica called. Jimin looked up to see them her face flushed red from all the laughing. The blonde girl turned to face them with a bright smile on her face.  She had big brown eyes and rosy cheeks, her lips were a soft shade of pink. “Are you ok?” Jessica asked ignoring the presence of the blonde girl in front of them. Jimin waved her hands in front of her as she calmed herself down.

“I’m fine,” She walked next to the blonde girl and put an arm around her shoulder. “Choa here just thought it’d be fun to scare the out of me.”

The blonde girl, Choa, raised a hand to her face as she began to chuckle. “I couldn’t help myself. Jimin and I used to do stuff like this to each other all the time in high school.”

Jimin started to laugh again as he hit Choa hard on the shoulder, “Remember the time Hyejeong had a sleepover at her place?”

“Oh my god,” Choa laughed “how could I forget?!”  The two girls went on like this for what seemed like hours reminiscing about old times. It was as if they completely forgotten that Taecyeon, Jessica, and Hara were even there. Eventually the laughter died down and the two girls just stared at each other glancing over the other with joy filled eyes.

“I missed you!” Choa squealed as she pulled Jimin into a tight hug.

“I missed you too,” Jimin mumbled into Choa’s shoulder.

Choa let go of Jimin looking over her one last time before turning to face the others.

“Where are my manners?” She said, “I’m Choa Park, and you are?”

Jessica smiled and extended a hand, “I’m Jessica.”

“Nice to meet you Jessica,” Choa responded as she shook her hand.

Jessica pointed to Hara, “That’s Hara,” then to Taecyeon, “and that’s Taecyeon.”

“You guys are gorgeous,” Choa said. She looked down at their clothing and cringed, “Yikes, I don’t think I can say the same about those.”

Hara laughed, “You know any other day I would be offended, but I can’t even disagree with you on that one.”

“That’s part of the reason why I’m here.” Jimin said.

Choa turned to her and raised a brow, “I’m no fashion designer. You’re here for one of my planes aren’t you?”

Jimin rubbed her neck with her hand as she avoided eye contact, “No…yes…maybe.”

“I should’ve known better that you wouldn’t just stop by here just because you missed me.” Choa sighed, “Follow me.”

Choa lead them into a room that appeared to be an office. She went over to her desk and picked up a childhood photo of her and Jimin. Underneath that photo was a small black button that could easily be missed by the unsuspecting eye. She pressed the button and after a few seconds she placed the photo back down on top of it.

“You guys didn’t park on the runway did you?” she asked.

Jimin shook her head, “No, why?”

“You’ll see,” she winked and pushed passed them out of the office. They each looked at each other with confused expressions before following her.

Taecyeon eyes grew wide once they exited the hangar. In front of them stood a huge blue and silver twin engine plane. Taecyeon was not only amazed that the plane seemed to surface from nowhere but how sleek and different it was from the hangar and everything in it.

“I knew you were hiding the goods,” Jimin said to Choa before running off to inspect the plane.

“Where did it come from?” Taecyeon asked.

Choa looked down at the ground and tapped her foot on it.

“Wow,” Taecyeon gasped. He raised two thumbs up at Choa “Awesome.” He then ran over to Jimin as the both admired the blue specimen.

“Boys,” Hara smirked, “I don’t even know why I even waste my time with them.”

“I think you know good and well why” Jessica smiled while nudging Hara playfully.

“Shut up!” Hara retorted, “You’re embarrassing me.”

Choa giggled at the exchange in front of her. “Don’t mind me. I didn’t hear  a thing.” She then plugged her ears with her hands and went over towards the plane.

“You have to let me fly this thing!” Jimin yelled to Choa from her position in the pilot’s seat. Taecyeon sat beside her flipping switches as if he was a real co-pilot.

“I think I’ll pass on that,” Choa laughed, “You two can be my adorable co-pilots though.”

“I’ll take it!” Jimin smiled as she hoped out of the plane.

“There’s just one thing I need to know,” Choa said placing a hand on her chin, “Where are we going?”

“Oh,” Jimin chuckled, “How could I forget that? We need to go to England.”

Choa furrowed her brows. “England?”

“Yep,” Jimin nodded, “I can’t tell you why just yet, but I need you to get us there but off the radar.”

“Why couldn’t you’ve just chosen a simple career like a teacher or something mundane like an idol?” Choa sighed.

“I’m pretty sure idol life would be just as hectic.” Jimin joked.

Choa glared at her, “That’s not the point.”

Jimin moved closer to Choa gently placing a strand of blonde hair back behind her ear. “I know what you meant. If I could change things and become a teacher or an idol I would. However you know as well as I do that will never happen, that this is the path that I’ve chosen. I’ve been doing this for almost a decade and you’re the best pilot I know-“

“The only pilot you know,” Choa interrupted.

“Whatever,” Jimin said, “The point is with you on my side and those girls over there I’ll be fine, and maybe one day I’ll throw in the towel and spend the rest of my days being your co-pilot. Right now I need you to get us to England. I know you, and only you, can do it.”

“Fine,” Choa said, defeated. “I’ll do it. Go round up the girls while I get the plane ready.”

“Thank you,” Jimin said giving Choa one last smile before heading off to get the girls.

“You really are awesome.” Taecyeon said as Choa entered the pilot’s seat. Choa didn’t respond as she focused on starting the plane. “I know you’re worried for your friend but you decided to help anyways.” Choa stopped what she was doing and made eye contact with Taecyeon. He no longer saw the brightness or joy in her eyes that he saw when he first meet her. Her eyes were filled with gloom and fear.

“Jimin is a bad .” He continued, “I’ve never met someone as tough as her. Without Jimin I’d be dead in some parking garage…she’s saved my life more than once so she’s more than capable of taking care of herself. If that’s not enough she has us and believe it or not I have super strength.”

Choa eyes became damp as the brimmed with tears but despite that she was smiling. “Super strength is definitely a plus.” She laughed, wiping the tears from her eyes. “You’re awesome too Taecyeon, any girl would be lucky to have a guy like you by their side.”

Taecyeon lowered his head as he began to blush.

“I’m fine,” Choa continued, “Head on to the back we should be taking off soon.”