Mr. International

Oh Girls

It was a Saturday evening. The sun had just set and the night had just begun. Several eyes stared at the stage where five men stood half only dressed in white European swim shorts. The stage was covered with balloons of various colors and banners that read "Mr. International".

The crowd watched in anticipation for who would be crowned Mr. International. A few girls were screaming overwhelmed by the sight of the men before them. A few mothers began to tear up as they imagined their son's pending victory or loss. In the midst of all this a man who appeared to be in his sixties walked across the stage coming to a halt in front of the mic placed center stage. He was decked in a velvet red tuxedo and his black and grey hair was jelled up in a slick back due.

 He began to speak, thanking everyone for coming and how much it was an honor that he was able to host tonight's competition. He then pulled out a purple envelope from his back pocket and the crowd grew tense. This was the moment they all been waiting for the big revelation. The man opened the envelope glancing over what was written inside.

            "And the winner is," he began before pausing for dramatic effect. "Ok Taecyeon!"

The crowd went wild. The room was filled with roars of cheers as Taecyeon moved to stand next to the man in red. As the man placed a sash around him, a woman in an all-white dress and auburn brown hair sauntered on to the stage. She smiled at Taecyeon handing him a bouquet of roses as she bowed gracefully. She then extended her hand and as Taecyeon's meet hers she leaned in slightly and whispered in his ear.

            "Get to the bottom left of the stage before the song ends."

            She then pulled back flashing Taecyeon with yet another smile. He raised an eyebrow towards her but continued to smile as he turned to face the audience. The woman walked towards the microphone adjusting it to accommodate her height. She then began to speak congratulating Taecyeon as well as thanking everyone for coming out tonight. Taecyeon glanced at her still trying to understand what she said earlier, as if she could hear his thoughts she meet his gaze and nodded her head towards the stage exit before turning her attention back to the audience.

            "In celebration of the new Mr. International I'd like to sing a song. Is that ok with you all?"

The crowd once again grew in an uproar of applause.

             "This song is called 'Baby Steps'. I hope you all enjoy it."

The woman bowed slightly before beginning to sing. Taecyeon sat beside her on the winner's thrown smiling and waving towards the audience. Half way through the song the woman looked back over to Taecyeon. Once he looked up at her she guided his eyes with her own to the stage exit once again. However this time another woman stood near the exit in a teal dress that stopped just above her knees.

She had light brown hair and bangs that stopped just above the eyes. She waved at Taecyeon before gesturing for him to come to her. He didn't understand what was going on. Who were these women and what did they want with him? However he knew there was only one way of finding out. He stood up, bowing lightly towards the crowd. He gave them one last bright smile before heading off the stage.

            “I thought you'd never come in time." The woman in teal greeted him as he approached her. "We have to go." She said immediately grabbing his arm and running for the exit. Just as they made it through the exit, Taecyeon could hear gun shots from inside. Loud screams of terror following soon after.

            "What's happening?!" He yelled at the woman still dragging him to some unknown destination.

            "No time," She replied as she frantically searched their surroundings. "Once we get to safety I'll tell you everything you need to know."

Taecyeon nodded in response, even though the woman was too busy looking around them to notice. Once she realized they were in the clear she headed towards the underground parking lot. Upon entering the parking lot Taecyeon saw two men wielding guns up ahead of them. The woman must have noticed them too as she quickly ducked behind a nearby vehicle pulling Taecyeon down with her.

            "Stay quiet," She whispered to him as she pulled a cellphone from her pocket.

The phone was small and black. Taecyeon thought it resembled a Nokia from the 90s. She quickly wrote a message that Taecyeon failed to see before hitting send. All of a sudden Taecyeon heard gunshots once again but this time they were close, there in the parking lot. He then could hear the engines of a car and then the sound of tires screeching. Then there was silence, no more gunshots, nothing besides the sound of his irregular breathing. The woman peaked over the car and then stood up, extending a hand in Taecyeon's direction.

            "Let's go."

Taecyeon grabbed her hand and she pulled him up before once again dragging him along with her. As he looked around he saw the two gun men from before laid out in a pool of blood in front of a black hammerhead car, then he started to realize that they were getting closer and closer to the scene in front of him.

            "Where are we going?" He asked.

            The woman looked backed at him with a smile. "That's our ride."

 They had reached the front of the car and the woman released his hand and opened the car door.

            "Get in." She said.

 Taecyeon quickly got inside without question. The woman followed soon after.

            "It took you long enough." She said to the driver.

            "If you ask me I was right on time." The driver, who by the sound of her voice Taecyeon could tell it was a woman, laughed.

The driver then turned around to face Taecyeon in the back seat.

            "Wow you're a cutie!" She winked at Taecyeon before being slapped on the arm by the woman next to her.

            "What?" She yelled as she rubbed the side of her arm, "he is cute."

The driver had big brown eyes but the dark circles around her eyes made Taecyeon think she probably hasn't slept for days. She had dark brown hair that was cut in a short bob. She also had bangs that stopped just before her eyes just like the woman in teal. The driver turned back to face Taecyeon.

           "I'm sorry if I startled you, but you are cute."

           "Jimin!" The woman yelled slapping her arm once again. "Stop harassing the guy."

The driver, now known as Jimin, pouted before turning back around in her seat.

          "Can't a girl have a little fun?" She said as she tucked her hair behind her ears. "Where's Jessica?"

The woman in teal looked out the window then back towards Jimin. "I don't know last time I saw her she was singing on stage."

So they're all together, Taecyeon thought. It'd made sense since they all lead him to one another, but he didn't understand why they took him. Who were these women and why did they save him?

         "Damn it, Hani! Why didn't you bring her with you?" Jimin yelled as she slammed a fist into the steering wheel.

         "That wasn't a part of the plan and I'm sure she's fine." Hani said as she looked over herself in the car mirror.

The car door jerked open and the woman in the white dress stood there. Her dress was torn all over and it looked as if she ripped the bottom off herself. Taecyeon thought it made sense that she did for more mobility. Another woman stood beside her. She too had a bang similar to Hani and Jimin except it was slightly parted to the side. Her hair was jet black, tied in a long pony-tail, and she was wearing a grey cashmere turtleneck sweater with black jeans and army boots.

       "Worried about me?" The woman in white, Jessica, asked as she poked out her bottom lip, "I'm perfectly fine girls, no thanks to you guys." She got into the car sitting close to Taecyeon as the woman behind her squeezed in soon after. "Victoria here had to come get me out of trouble."

The woman in grey, Victoria, smiled at Jessica and Taecyeon noticed how prominent her cheeks were.

      "By now that should to be my specialty." Victoria said. "Just how many times have I saved you three?"

      Hani scoffed, "Compare that to how many people I've saved and then we'll talk about specialties. Right, Mr. International?" She said as she turned to face Taecyeon with wide eyes. He stared at Hani for a while unsure how to answer before simply saying "Thank You."

Jessica rolled her eyes.

     "You’re ridiculous. We all played a part in saving him and every other person you lead to safety. So he and 95% of everyone else on your list doesn’t count."

Hani scowled at Jessica before turning around in her seat. Jimin turned to face her then burst out in a fit of laughter. The other girls stared at her for a moment before joining in. Taecyeon looked around at the laughing girls still just as confused as he's been the whole time. He decided to join in and began to laugh awkwardly with the girls.

      "So," Jimin began once she calmed down. "We're all here so let's go!"

      She then pulled out a pair of black sunglasses and buckled her seat belt before stepping on the gas. They were going so fast that Taecyeon feared for his life, which was kind of ironic considering that these girls had just saved it. He didn't know where they were taking him but for all he knew he didn't care. He was alive and that's all that mattered. He just hoped wherever they were taking him there were spare clothes because he was still wearing nothing but his swim shorts.