CHAPTER 8: MyungSoo(L) 2

INFINITE ONESHOTS

SHORTCUT

I'm BAAAAAACCCCKKKK~~~ SHE'S BAAAAAAACCCCCKKKK~ LOL. 

I came back yesterday night, so i basically slept throughout. heehee~ Here's the 2nd L oneshot. Hope its better ^^ 

Wheeee~ I missed being here and all of you <3 

ENJOY <3 

______________________________________

It was a beautiful evening in the mountains of South Korea. In the same little....ok not little but HUGE house near by the mountains was where the AKP high school reunion of the 92 line was being held. Almost everyone was there. You were sitting at the balcony star gazing as the rest were catching up with each others lives and recalling the memories. You didn't want to attend the event but your best friend just had to pull you along. It was only the start of November but it was a cold night, colder than usual. You warped your neck in your scarf and wore a simple windbreaker which was not enough for your freezing body. Your hands began to grew cold so you tucked them in your pockets. You let out a deep sigh and the sight of breath could be seen.*Why did i come in the first place?*  You questioned yourself, still looking at the canopy of stars twinkling above the land. 

 

"_______-ah~!! Why are you out there?!! Come on in!!" Your hyper active best friend peeped out of the balcony door. 

You groaned, *that’s why....* 

"I'll be right in!" You yelled back looking at the school mates behind that glass window. 

 

The familiar faces made you feel like you were still in high school again. People like Kim DongJun and Bang Minsoo/ CAP from the sports club, SeungHyun and MinHwan from the school's famous band, The batch's 'gangsters' U-Kwon, Kyung and Zico were also there. You made a final decision and went into the house. Loud music filled the air as refreshments were served everywhere on tables. You tried to find your best friend when you bumped onto someone you wish you hadn't. HyunAh. You didn't hate her, you were just jealous. You bowed your head as a sign of an apology and walked off. That was the reason why you never wanted to attend this reunion. You had a bad memory that was still lingering inside you. You could let it leave you. No one was at fault. It was just you. 

 

"____-ah! Over here!" Amber hollered to you. 

You slowly made your way to your best friend and sat down beside her. She was with your precious classmates. 

"I want to go home." You mumbled as you sank yourself in the chair. 

"Aish. You’re no fun at all. Where's the hyper active best friend that had always been with me?" Amber nudged your arm. 

"I don't have the mood." You pouted.

"Alright. We'll go after i meet up with HyunAh alright?" Amber patted your back. Hearing that name made you wanted to cry again. You held it in and just sat there with your arms crossed. 

 

After a few minutes later, Amber came back and tugged on your hand. You stood up but you did not notice that a waiter holding a huge bowl of orange juice was walking towards your direction. So, You banged into him and the orange juice splattered onto the wooden floor. You gasped and felt everyone's eyes staring at you. The music stopped and everyone stopped chatting. 

"Joseonghamnida." You bowed down. 

"Aww! Now we can't do the AKP high tradition!" Someone cried.

 

Yeap it was some tradition for the school. Every student had to do a one shot of Orange Juice together whenever they had an event held. Since the Founding Principal loves Orange Juice and it had been scientifically proven to be good for the body, the school has made this weird tradition. 

 

You stood there not knowing what to do or react. Everyone groaned. You grew worried. Amber came in front of you and put her hands out and tried to calm the crowd down. 

"Ok. Ok. We just need to buy new ones." Amber calmly suggested. 

"Who's going to walk all the way down hill to the shops?!" Another protested and again everyone was complaining. 

"I'll go." You spoke up. 

"What you crazy?" Amber scolded you.

"Its the least I could do since I was the one that caused the trouble." You shrugged and made your way out of the door. 

Everyone stayed silent as Amber was persuading you that there was another way. You were stubborn and walked out of the house. It was still freezing cold. You ignored it and went on with the journey. 

 

"Yah! Don't do it! You may never know if there's a ." Amber cried.

"I can defend myself... Don't you remember you taught me self defense before?" You smiled.

"Still.." 

 

"I'll take her." Someone grabbed your hand. You and Amber turned around to see the person you didn't want to see THE MOST. "Come on. I'll go with you." He pulled you to his motorcycle while Amber was still standing there, shocked.

"Kim Myungsoo..." You whispered.

"Hmm?" He replied back.

 

He was like the first time you met him, before he was the reason you were living your life, mysterious and cold. He was the biggest reason. He WAS your boyfriend until the two of you broke up. The two of you were fine with it but soon you regretted after he hooked up with HyunAh. That was why. You were jealous that HyunAh could win his heart when he had told you before that it was hard for him to fall for a girl. The wound of seeing them together was still in your heart.

He took out his helmet and handed yours to you. You stared at him dumb-founded. The last thing you checked was that he was still with HyunAh even after graduation.

 

"I can walk myself." You bluntly said and walked away.

MyungSoo shook his head as he watched you walk down hill. 

 

You breathed hot air to your hands and rubbed them to keep them warm. It was a 20 minute walk to the store downhill and you were all alone in the night surrounded by mostly nature. The cold wind was making you shiver even more. You looked at the pathway as it seemed as though that there was no end to it. 

Then you heard a motorcycle coming by you moved to the side. The same motorcycle came by next to you and handed you the helmet. You looked at the person in front of you. He had his helmet on so you couldn't see or read his eyes. Since you were already worn out you took the helmet and went on behind him. The familiar feeling came back as you hugged him from the back and lay down on his back. He went down hill. Before you knew it, you were already there. 

 

You quickly bought the orange juice and was about to pay but L paid for you. You gazed at him. You missed him. You really did. The two of you went back on the motorcycle and made your way to the house. You were clinging onto him wondering how he was feeling right that moment and he too was thinking about the same thing. L was too engrossed in thinking to himself that he did not notice the fuel tank going empty. Before they knew it, the motorcycle slowly came to a stop and the head lights were turned off. You panicked. 

 

"Yah! What's wrong?!" Your voice was shaky.

"I don't know.." He replied as he checked the motorcycle. L tired to turn the engine back on but nothing. 

"No fuel." He mumbled. 

"WHAT?!" You cried as you took off your helmet.

"Shhh! You don't want any animals to hunt us down right?" L covered your mouth.

 You looked around. It was pitch black, tall trees surrounded you. The sounds of crickets and owls howling made you even more creep out. You held onto L's jacket and looked around. 

"I guess, we're already half way there. We have to walk.." He got off the motorcycle.

"Should we walk back down to get Fuel?" 

"Nah. It would be walking on this hill twice. If we walk up the hill to the house, i can ask someone to drive down to get fuel and then drive back up to the motorcycle. Less energy that way.." L explained and started walking up the hill following the pathway. You jumped and ran after him hiding behind him. You were scared and shivering from it and the coldness. L noticed and he held his hand out. You blinked and looked at him. He extended his hand more. You were unsure. Then L walked away, you quickly grabbed hold of his hand and hid your face on his arm. L smiled as his heart raced. 

 

The two of you walked till it was just a few kilometers away from the house when you saw a familiar shortcut. 

"AH! A shortcut!" You yelled out pointing to the small pathway that leads deeper into the forest. 

"Wait!" L cried out and went after you. 

He grabbed your hand and twirl you to face him.

"How do you know it's safe in there?" L furrowed his brows. 

"Me and Amber went in earlier with the guard we met while walking to the house. He said this was a shortcut to the house." You beamed. 

"I'm still not sure if we should. I mean look at it! It’s pitch black!" L pointed to the pathway. 

"TRUST ME Its faster that way!" You pulled L into the dark. 

 

Time passed and it grew darker and darker as the two of you went deeper and deeper into the forest. Usual sounds began to be heard and you grew worried. You looked at L and then quickly turned away when he looked at you. 

"We're lost aren't we?" L sighed. 

"I think." You scratched your head. 

L looked around and took out his phone. "Darn, No signal." He grunted. 

You felt guilty for taking this path. You walked towards a tree stump but you didn't notice the trap hole on the ground. 

 

"L!!~~" You shrieked as you fell. 

"_____-ah!" He ran over and tried to save you but he was pulled along. 

 

The two of you fell with you on top of L and him hugging you tight. BUMP! 

 

"Urgh..." The two of you groaned. You looked down at L and panicked. 

"Are you alright?! Are you hurt?" You checked on him.

"Yeah.. as long as you're alright i'm alright." He was still groaning.

You were shocked by his answer but then shook it off. You slowly got off him and helped him sit up. 

 

 

The two of you stayed silent as there was no way out. The hole was too deep and neither one of you could climb up. the only thing to was to wait for someone to realized that you were gone and find the two of you. You leaned against the hole and shivered as the night air grew colder and colder. L , who was sitting opposite you, saw that you were shivering even when the scarf and windbreaker were keeping you warm. You hugged your knees. L took his jacket off and stood up. You looked at him as he walked to you and slung the jacket on you.

"O-ppa.." You looked at him.

"I think you need it more than me.." He tried to smile.

"But you'll catch a cold." You tried to take his jacket off but L refrained you from doing so.

You didn't give up and kept trying to take L's Jacket off you.

"Still the same stubborn girl huh?" L chuckled.

"I'll never change." You stuck your tongue out.

"Then, will your feelings for me never change?" L made the atmosphere became awkward.

 

You kept quiet. L shifted to a more comfortable position.

"How are you?" He suddenly asked.

"Huh?" You blinked.

"Are you happy?"

"Uhmmm. Yes i guess. My life is the going the way i want it..." You tilt your head. 

L just nodded. 

"Then, How about you? How have you been?" You awkwardly asked.

"I've been miserable." He shrugged as though its nothing.

Your face fell, "Waeyo?" 

"Well, ever since you left..HyunAh came. Then, She just left after graduation. She wasn't like you though. She was the opposite of you...Well, now i'm single and alone again." He laughed it off.

"But... What about Infinite?"  You searched his eyes. 

"Busy. Hyungs got a job each. SungJong still in school. I'm still finding for a job though. Maybe continue studying." 

 

You looked at his side view and observed his every feature. The moon shone onto his face. He seemed sad but he was trying so hard to keep it in. You wanted to comfort him just like old times but you couldn't. Then you slowly took the right side of his jacket and moved closer to him. L flinched then you placed the jacket on his right shoulder while the other end was on your left shoulder. You moved even closer to fit the two of you in the jacket. 

"I don't need it.." L tried to take it off. 

"No." You gave him a serious face but to L it was cute that he wanted to pinch your cheeks just like in the past. 

He was about to do it but he pulled his hands back and hugged his knees. You began to feel worried. 

"Hey... What's wrong?" You leaned in. 

L didn't move. You poked his side. He was moving a little but his face was still buried in his knees. 

"Myungsoo..." You tried to look at his face. Then he looked at you. 

Your eyes widened as his face was so close to yours. 

"Sorry." You looked away but L held on your cheek, turning your head back to face him.

"I Love You." He whispered.

You looked into his lonely eyes, "That's the past."

"Then, I'm asking you..." He paused and searched your eyes," I'm asking If. We. Can. Go. Back."  

Every word he inch a little bit closer. Your eyes were still glues onto his while his eyes shifted to your lips. His eyes were alluring and sincere.

Slowly he tilt his head and matched his lips with yours. It was a tender and sweet kiss. He need you back so badly. 

You pulled away, "Oppa..." 

"Please ____-ah I need you.." His eyes were watery. 

"I love you..." You looked at him. His eyes widened.

"I've never stopped loving you." You honestly said it out. 

He couldn't give you an answer. He was too happy to know that you still love him. He just brought you closer and kissed you again. 

 

The night went by with and the sun rose. 

"OVER THERE!! I see orange juice!" someone cried.

You frowned and slowly opened your eyes. The sun rays were directly onto you and L. You sat up straight to see yourself leaning against L and he had his arms around your waist. He was still sleeping.

"______-AH!" Someone called your name.

You looked up and saw Amber's panic expression. 

"THEY'RE OVER HERE!!" Amber waved to the rescue crew and also the rest of the students.

 

Everyone came running and you just stared at L's angelic face. He opened his eyes.

"Morning.."You beamed, "They found us." 

L smiled, "See I told you they would find us." 

You smiled back.

"Was yesterday a dream?" L asked. 

You raised a brow and shook your head. 

You leaned in an pecked his cheek," Yesterday was a new beginning." 

_________________________

 

 

HOW WAS IT?!            HOW WAS IT?!         HOW WAS IT?!        

Kekeke. I'm feeling hyper now eventhough its night time. I was totally exhausted during the trip >.< 

I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS AND I WILL WORK ON WooHyun's ONESHOT SQUEAL and post it up soon <3 

 

LOVE YOU ALL~!! BYE BYE~