CHAPTER 5: DongWoo

INFINITE ONESHOTS

DUMB AND DUMBER

Whee~ DongWoo time :D 

I Adore his laugh <3 

___________________________

Dongwoo was on his bed slacking off alone in the boys dorm. His roommates were having a double date or whatever they called them. He was the only one among them not having a girlfriend. They playfully told hiim that he was 'ugly' and 'dumb'. He knew they were only playing since they've been roomates from first year but then he felt hurt. He stared at the ceiling above him and sighed. 

 

*Am I ?*  The question that he kept asking himself. 

 

He shook his head and went over to the bathroom. He was brushing his teeth when he heard the door open. He walked out of the bathroom with his toothbrush in his mouth and only a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Kyaa!" a girl screamed and covered her face. 

"MWOYA?!" He covered himself and ran back into the bathroom. 

He leaned against the bathroom door with his chest moving up and down. He was breathing heavily from the shock of seeing a girl in the room. 

"Who are you?!" He yelled from the bathroom. 

The girl was shocked to death, "Uh... SungYeol Oppa told me to bring someone called Dongwoo to the cafe." 

"What?!" He cried and went out of the bathroom. 

 

He had already put on his clothes but the girl was still covering his face. Dongwoo looked at her from her neatly tied up hair to her converse sneakers. 

*Why would SungYeol tell a poor girl to bring me there when he could just call me over?* 

"Alright let's go. Lead the way." DongWoo grabbed his valuables and went to the door. She slowly uncovered her eyes and looked at DongWoo. DongWoo nodded his head and she made her way out. After locking the door, the two of them went out of the boys dorm and walked to the cafe near the campus.  

DongWoo would warily glance at the girl and then look away. 

"So uh..You were with them?" DongWoo asked.

"Yeah... My friend JinHee decided to pull me along..." She answered not looking at DongWoo.

"What did you do there?" 

"Nothing. Just watch them do lovey dovey things to each other." She shrugged.

"Where's your boyfriend?" 

She paused, "I don't have one. They told me i was too dumb to have one. Well, they're joking anyways.." 

DongWoo looked at her, "They called you dumb too?" 

She stopped at the traffic light and turned to DongWoo, raising a brow, "What do mean by 'too' ?" 

"My Friends called me Dumb and Ugly but yeah they were joking too." DongWoo explained.

"Dumb and Ugly huh?" She laughed.

 

*I guess i am...*  DongWoo hung his head low. 

 

"Well, I think they're wrong. You seem fine to me." She continued.

DongWoo's eyes sparkled and looked at her. The light turned green and the two of them crossed the street. 

"What's your name by the way?" DongWoo asked suddenly so confident.

"Cha HaeWon" She smiled, "I know your name, Jang DongWoo right?" 

DongWoo nodded. 

 

They reached the cafe and found the 4 of them sitting there laughing. HaeWon went back to her seat and they just stared at her.

 

"SHE REALLY WENT TO THE BOY'S DORM!" One of them squealed and they all laughed.

 

It was actually just a joke. They were just joking about telling her to go to the boy's dorm and call DongWoo out but HaeWon really did what they told her to. DongWoo walked over to the two guys and smacked SungYeol's head. 

"OUCH HYUNG! What was that for?!" He whined. 

"For telling a girl to take me here when you could just call me on the phone ." DongWoo sat down. 

"It wasn't our fault hyung. We didn't even force her to go." Hoya held his hands up in defense. 

DongWoo felt sorry for HaeWon. She was practically being bullied by her own friends. 

"Whatever. I guess she was just too sick being with you guys." DongWoo rolled his eyes.

 

"Hi Oppa." Hoya and SungYeol's girlfriends waved to him. 

"Which one of you pulled her along. What were you thinking?" DongWoo suddenly shoot out.

"Wh-What? I thought she would feel lonely in the girl's dorm." One of them innocently stated. 

"You guys are too much. Don't take advantage of other you hear me? Come on. Leave them be."DongWoo felt angry all of a sudden and pulled HaeWon out of the cafe.

 

DongWoo wasn't sure of why he acted that way. He suddenly felt bad for HaeWon being there to watch them be together while she just sat there, not doing anything. On top of that, they made a fool of her. He knew how that felt. He was being treated the same way as she did. In other words, he didn't want her to feel the same pain he went through. 

"You alright?" DongWoo asked. 

"Uh..." She said and stopped.

DongWoo looked back and realized that he was still holding her hand. DongWoo blushed and let go. 

"Sorry." He apologized. 

"It’s alright.” She smiled, “Why did you do that anyways?”

“I don’t know I just felt that they were rude.” DongWoo huffed,” You’re okay right?”

She nodded happily.

 

She was happy to be away from them. Even though she and her friends were super close, at times they were just too much. DongWoo walked side by side with her down the streets. Since he was now with her, he couldn’t just leave her alone and go back to the boy’s dorm.

 

The two of them passed by a crowd and she curiously looked around. She was too short so she had to tip-toed. DongWoo saw her trying her best to look what was there so he squatted down. She looked at him.

“Get On.” He ordered.

“It’s alright..” She shook her head but DongWoo yanked her down onto him and he carried her up.

“Whaaa~” She yelped.

DongWoo chuckled. She wanted DongWoo to put her down but DongWoo just ignored her.

She wanted to hit DongWoo but she saw what was in front of the crowd. It was a magic trick. She loved magic. Immediately she was calm and held onto DongWoo so she wouldn’t fall down, but her eyes were locked onto the magic trick. DongWoo moved a bit so he himself could get a better view. The two of them watched the whole trick being in that position.

 

When the trick ended everyone applauded and HaeWon smiled, impressed. The crowd soon faded and DongWoo place her back down on the ground. She thanked DongWoo and the atmosphere became awkward as they began walking again.

“Uh. How was the magic trick?” DongWoo started.

“IT WAS AWESOME!” She suddenly blurted out then she covered , embarrassed.

“That was cute.” DongWoo laughed the weird laugh that everyone would stare at.

She did stare at him and DongWoo stopped laughing.

“I’m Sorry. I won’t laugh anymore.” DongWoo rubbed the back of his neck.

“That’s the cutest and funniest laugh I’ve ever heard.” She laughed.

“You liked it?” DongWoo’s eyes sparkled again.

She nodded as she laughed. They continued walking.

“You the first ever person saying these things to me…” DongWoo smiled at her,” The way I look, laugh.. People thought I was weird.”

 

She felt his gazed at her and she stopped laughing.

“You’re not weird but you are special in your own way.” She returned his smile.

 

 

DongWoo felt tingly all over. They way she made him feel so special was driving him crazy. He felt the connection between himself and her. Maybe that was what people call fate? Meeting the right one for you. The two stared at each other as everyone else was continuing their lives.

 

“You’re also the first person to call me cute. People thought I was crazy since I would always change my mood in a blink of an eye.” She pouted at the thought.

“Well, to me that IS cute.” DongWoo stepped closer to her.

 

DongWoo’s eyes soften as he was drowned into her eyes. Slowly their minds left the world and they leaned in for a small kiss, just a plain lip to lip kiss. She pulled away and looked at DongWoo.

“What was that?” She asked.

 

DongWoo was taken aback. He was worried that he had somewhat insulted her.

“Uh. A kiss?” DongWoo scratched his head.

“Why?” She asked again.

He was silent. “……What am I supposed to say?” DongWoo was lost.

 

Then out of nowhere someone knocked his head. DongWoo rubbed his head and looked back to see Hoya and SungYeol shaking his head.

“You’re supposed to say ‘I love you’ to her Hyung!” SungYeol stomped his foot.

“EVERYTHING WAS SOOOO PERFECT! Until you blew it. Damn Hyung. How could you ruin the moment? You ARE dumb, Aish.” Hoya exaggerated.

 

The girls were giggling and stood next to HaeWon. She herself was not sure what was going on. The four of them had already planned to hook the two of them up since they had a lot in common. They’ve been spying on them the whole time and actually they thought everything was going well since the two of them kissed but DongWoo just had to ask that.

“Well. Say it!” Hoya pushed DongWoo to her.

The girls went to their boyfriends and watched the scene.

“Uh…I Love you.” DongWoo bluntly said.

HaeWon blushed.

“Hyung! More emotions please?! You sound so dead. One more time. Remember emotion!” SungYeol face palmed himself.

 

DongWoo raised his brow and turned to HaeWon. He gazed at her just like before and then he did it with all the passion and love in his heart.

“I love you…..”

 

___________________________

 

HOW WAS IT? >.< 

Okay? 

Answer this poll too :D