CHAPTER 2: SUNGYEOL

INFINITE ONESHOTS

ARE YOU AN ADULT OR A KID?

______________________

SungYeol had just reached his destination. He had made his final decision and meet up with you. And where were you? You were currently working as a Trainee teacher at Dayum Elementary School. You had passion for teaching, especially teaching children. You and SungYeol had been friends since High School. Thanks to SungYeol you had a career in mind. Going through the years with him was like taking care of a little kid, at first you were ticked off but as time passed you were used to his childish acts. You would even ask him to be childish if he wasn't it would feel super awkward if he was the serious adult type. That was just the way he is, an elementary school kid.

You were used to the kids in the school since it reminded you so much of how SungYeol acted like. So basically, you were experienced. 

 

On the other hand, SungYeol was more hurt than ever. He wanted to change but he just couldn't the habit of a kid was already permanent in his genes. He would throw tantrums and say things like, 'I won't be your friend anymore!' kind of things. He was sick of it. He wants to change. He needs to change. SungYeol only kept his ways as you always liked him like that. He had feelings for you, but he still remembered the words that you said when he asked you what kind of guy you liked. It was still clear in his mind; every single detail of that memory.

 

"Well, I would like a guy i can depend on and can take care of me... i guess." You shrugged and took another sip of your chocolate latte. 

 

Ever since that day he knew he needed to be that kind of guy for you. He couldn't impress you if he stayed like a kid forever. He went to his friends to seek for help. They were sort of childish but they were way matured that he was. They trained him to be more matured, act matured, think matured.

"No! You must NEVER whine!" SungGyu pointed the pointer to SungYeol when he was whining about wanting some crackers.

Another time, was them teaching SungYeol how to walk....like a man....

"Don't do that! A guy never goes running around like some kid. You must walk, coolly." WooHyun acted the part.

"Yah! Who does that in public! Just walk normally SungYeol-ah." DongWoo smacked WooHyun's head and patted SungYeol's back.

 

He was already exhausted from all those weeks of training and he was finally ready. Ready to show you who the real man in him was....

 

He walked into the school building and went to the class you were in charge of. He knocked on the door and waited for a respond. 'Come In' he heard someone called out. He took a deep breath and twisted the door knob. He peeped in then showed himself.

"Yeollie~!" You smiled at him.

You were having arts and craft with the class. The children there already knew SungYeol since he would drop by sometimes and help out. He was just like them.

"SungYeol Ajjusshi~" The kids cheered.

SungYeol waved at them then looked at you ever so gently. 

You felt the sudden change in his attitude. He would usually come over with a bright smile and start yelling weird things to the kids, 'Helloooo~' or 'Yeollie Yeollie is hereeee~' and then he would sit next to you and smile like a dodo head.

 

"Hey. You free later?" SungYeol asked gently as he sat down beside you on the small chair.

 

The rest of Infinite was outside the school, either among the bushes or in the car; holding binoculars to spy on SungYeol. They face-palmed their faces. SungYeol just sat on a Kid's chair. No man does that. Well to them, it wasn't a man's thing.

 

 "Y-yeah... I guess so.." You stammered as SungYeol was lovingly gazing at you. You were not used to it.

"What time does class end?" He looked at the class doing their finger painting. He gulped as he was tempted to join them.

 

*No! I must act like my age. I'm matured.* SungYeol hypnotized himself.

 

"In a few minutes, want to join us?" You smiled as SungYeol was always eager to join, especially if it involves getting himself dirty; in a good way. (a/n: Lol is that even possible? 0__o) SungYeol bit his lower lip and stared at the paint you were holding. 

"Don't do it!" Infinite were practically screaming out loud. 

SungYeol rubbed his neck and declined the offer. You were taken a back but you smiled anyways.

"I'll be right out." You informed him as he walked out of the classroom. 

"Ah. Ok." He nodded. 

 

He walked out of the door and leaned against the translucent window beside the door. You could still see his shadow through the window. SungYeol was hitting himself, hitting his head. You could see what he was doing clearly and you let out a chuckle.

*I think this is going to be interesting..*

 

 

--

 

 

"Thank You Miss Hwang!" The class greeted and went off. You clear the room a little bit and walked out of the classroom with your bag slung on your shoulder. Your heels clicked on the floor and it echoed throughout the hallways. You were just wearing a simple top and jeans, with a little basic make up and your hair was let down. You looked around and saw SungYeol facing the wall at the corner with his head leaning against it. 

"Yeollie!" You called out.

He jumped and turned around.

"Let's Go.." You held your hand out to hold his hand like always. 

SungYeol walked beside you and held you hand, but this time you could felt that he was leading instead of you this time. Silently you smiled to yourself.

 

"That's it! Show her you can lead her!" Hoya cheered. 

"Go! Go! Go!" SungJong punched his fist upwards. 

 

SungYeol was a bit stiff but he lead you out of school and out to the streets. He immediately walked to a restaurant. You blinked at him. 

"Here? We're eating here? Are you sure Yeollie?" You pointed to the entrance.

SungYeol gave only a nod instead of countless nods.

"Suit yourself." You smiled and walked in. 

 

It was all weird to you. You would usually be the one to pull the chair for SungYeol, You would be the one to be taking the orders, You would be the one taking care of SungYeol. But it all changed, You watched as SungYeol took care of everything. Inside, you were proud of him but some parts of you missed the childish SungYeol. 

The two of you had small chats while eating, SungYeol preferred not to since he knew he was going to blow up anytime. 

 

"I'm done. Let's go." You placed your utensils on the table. 

SungYeol took care of the payments and followed you out of the restaurant. 

"Where to now?" You looked around. 

SungYeol rubbed the back of his neck. Then at the corner of his eyes he saw Infinite's van driving by. He watched as they all pointed to the same thing. The cinema. SungYeol nodded giving them a sign that he understood. 

 

"How about a movie?" SungYeol asked you.

"Want to watch 'Happy Feet 2'?" You giggled.

"Uh..I want to watch 'In Time'" SungYeol bluntly expressed. 

"In Time? Isn't that a bit too confusing for yo-" You gave him a look.

"No. I'm old enough to understand." SungYeol insisted. 

"Fine by me." You smiled again. 

 

In the cinema, you were totally engrossed into the movie. The fact that the people in movie had to use the time on their arms to live had made you more interested. SungYeol on the other hand was scrunching his face. He did understand the movie but he had no interest at all. He really wanted to watch Happy Feet 2 but he couldn't back out now. Not after he had done this much. 

 

The movie ended and the people walked out of the now lit up room. You were talking about how awesome the movie was while SungYeol just nodded, not really knowing of what you were talking about. You then saw an ice-cream shop. You knew SungYeol would never turn down the offer of ice-cream.

 

"Yeollie! Want ice-cream? My Treat." You turned to SungYeol. 

You saw him stiffen up and his adam apple moving up and then back down. Sweat was forming on his forehead. You knew he was having a hard time deciding.

 

"No SungYeol! No!!" MyungSoo yelled in the car along with the others repeating the word 'no'. 

 

*Its Ice-Cream! I want Ice-cream! I want Chocolate mint with rainbow sprinkles on it!*  SungYeol screamed in his head.

 

"No." He quickly replied then walked the other direction. You sighed and shook your head. *He's trying too hard*

 

You caught up with him and took his hand. He looked at you with curiosity.

"Come with me." You smiled.

SungYeol obediently did and you lead him to a bench in a mini park. You sat down then patted the space beside you. SungYeol settled down there. 

 

You took one of his hands and looked at him in the eyes. 

"Now tell me, What's going on." You gave him the sweet look. 

"Nothing's wrong." SungYeol replied too quickly.

"Come on. You can't tell me nothing's wrong when my friend had just suddenly changed from a childish kid to a matured adult." You smiled. 

"Well, That's what life is all about. It’s called growing up." 

"Yes i know. BUT. People always have their own ways of growing up. Like you, You grow up to be a childish kid who is very lively and bubbly and You are the mo-" 

"I'm Not like that anymore okay!" SungYeol suddenly yelled causing you to be silent.

"I don't want to be that way anymore. I don't want to be childish. I don't want to be stared at people thinking i'm some mentally ill person." SungYeol pulled his hair in frustration. 

You felt his pain. He told you these things before once. You thought he was over it but it seems he's not. 

"Look Yeollie, they can think what they want bu-"

"I don't care what they think; all I care is what YOU think." SungYeol confessed and looked into your eyes. 

You were shocked, "me?" 

"Yes you ______-ah! It’s hurting me real bad. You prefer those type of capable and reliable guys and I'm just a stupid immature boy who burdens you. I want to be that guy who is perfect for you. I Like you ______-ah and I don't think I can keep it in anymore. I want to be YOUR type and i don't care if i'm risking myself for you to lik-" SungYeol let it all out but was cut off when you kissed him.

 

SungYeol thought it was only a dream but it was real. He held his hand up to your cheek and softly cupped your face. You placed your hand on his shoulder and deepened the kiss.

 

"O.M.G." The rest of Infinite gasped as they saw the two of you kissed.

 

You slowly pulled away and smiled at him.

"I don't understand..." SungYeol whispered.

"That was what i said like what 2 years ago Lee SungYeol." You gazed into his eyes," Right now, I like someone who i can share my happiness with. Someone who i can always rely on. Someone whom is always by my side and always be there to cheer me up when i am at my lowest."

"That means..."

"Yes Yeollie. I Love you and only you.." You let out a small laugh.

"So that means i could have watched happy feet 2 just now?! " SungYeol stood up. 

"Hmhmm..." You laughed. 

"AISH!! &)(#*@()(!" He stomped around like a kid. 

You stood up next to him as he crossed his arms and pouted. You gave him a hug.

"Now that's my Yeollie." You inhaled his scent. SungYeol looked at you then hugged you back. 

"I love you Lee SungYeol. Don't ever change." 

"Does that mean I'm your boyfriend now?" SungYeol scratched his head.

"Hmm...What do you think you tilt you head up and smiled at him, your hands still wrapped around him.

He leaned down but then he hesitantly stopped. He looked at your face then he locked his lips with yours.

"I'll take that as i am your boyfriend now." SungYeol grinned.

 

 

The two of you walked back holding hands but this time, no one leading anyone. Just a normal walk under the romantic night sky. 

 

"You know..My ice-cream treat is still on..." You turned to look at SungYeol.

"I WANT CHOCOLATE MINT WITH RAINBOW SPRINKLES!!!" SungYeol yelled out in excitement.