Chapter 12 :Woohyun

INFINITE ONESHOTS

HELP ME FORGET...

Here's one for NAMU! (i used first person pov here) 

_____________________________

Ding dong~♬

“JAGIYAAA~” I heard a man’s voice at the door and there is only one person who calls me that. I glanced at the clock, 6am. I sat up from my bed and dragged myself to the door. 
“Jagiyaaa~~” he called out again.
*What does this guy..* I opened the door.

“What do you want Nam Woohyun, its 6am in the morning and I still want to sleep.” I gave his the coldest glare in could since my eyes were still drowsy. 
But as usual, this neighbor of mine would… 
“Jagi~ how can you be this way! Don’t you remember what day it is?” He frowned and slightly pouted. 
I scratched my head and held back a yawn. I noticed that he was all dressed up.

“Are you going somewhere?” I asked him nonchalantly.
He put his hand on his hips, “Not ‘you’ but WE. You promised me last year.” He pointed to me and himself. 
“Promise what?! I did no such thing, especially never with you.” I wanted to close the door but Woohyun prevent me from doing it with his leg and hand. 
“You promised me that you would give me the best birthday this year, spend it with me.” Woohyun’s voice suddenly got low and his eyes bore into mine. 
He was not that close to me but i could hear and slightly feel his breath brush against my skin. 
My eyes glued to his i stammered, “B-Birthday?”

-Flashback-

Exactly last year,

I just came back home from work and i heard faint sobs as i was approaching my apartment. I stood in front of my door and saw a figure sitting beside it with one knee up, sobbing quietly. Immediately my worry mode was and i squatted next to him. 
“Woohyun-ah! Why are you crying? What happened? It’s freezing out here...” 
I softly shook his body and checked his body for any wounds. I placed the back of my palm on his forehead and he was burning. I panicked. 
“I…I lost…my keys…” he was half sobbing. His body was shivering and i didn’t know what to do. I grabbed him by the arm and brought him up. After i opened the door to my apartment, i helped him to my bed with his body leaning on mine. I laid him down and quickly covered him with some blankets and placed a wet towel on his head. His tear stained face showed so much pain but i didn’t know what happened. Soon, he fell asleep and i did the best i could to bring his temperature down. Without myself knowing, i too fell asleep.

-3am

Woohyun shifted in his bed causing me to immediately wake up and check on him. He was sitting on the bed looking around then at the clock. His eyes fell on me and he gave me a small smile but i could see pain written all over his face. 
“Are you feeling better?” I touched his forehead and relief spread across my chest. His temperature was back to normal. He just remained there and stared at me.

“Are you hungry? I can cook some porridge or some soup for you..” i asked again but again he remained silent. I made a decision to cook something for him and stood up from the chair I placed next to the bed. Then, i felt a hand on my wrist. I turned back to meet his eyes again.
“Why am i here?” He finally spoke; his voice so fragile. He’s been my neighbor ever since i moved in and all i could see him in was all smiles, this was a first.

“You, you were outside my apartment…” I croaked, “You said you lost your keys.” 
He finally let go and sighed, “I did?” Then he felt through his pockets and took out his keys. I frowned as i looked at him. 
“You had them? Then why were you-” 
“I don’t know either.” He mumbled and tried to get out if bed. I stopped him immediately saying that he was still unstable but he went out, stumbling towards the door. 
“Woohyun-ah!” I cried as i grabbed hold of him before he could fall down. He winced as he clutched on his head. I rested him on the couch and his head leaned on my shoulder. He was breaking in cold sweat. I panicked again. 
“You should rest some more…” i wanted to bring him back to the bed but he just snuggled up against me. I could feel his body heat. It was silent for a while before Woohyun whispered, “She was cheating on me…” I remained silent no, speechless.

“I…I arrived at her office earlier than i expected, i was excited to see her… but,” Woohyun’s voice trailed off, “She…she was with some guy, talking. I overheard everything…”

A tear escaped Woohyun’s eyes even though his eyes were closed. I couldn’t help but feel helpless and curious. The girl of his dreams, that innocent and pure girl made him cry?
“What did you heard?” I wanted to slap myself for asking when he was already in pain.

Woohyun let out a sigh and sat up. He leaned against the couch.

“She said I was a useless and annoying guy. Then, i saw them…kissed” He answered, “Maybe I am useless and annoying..”

“No you’re not!” I accidentally blurted out then quickly shut my mouth. He gave me a small smile then another deep sigh. 
“The best birthday ever,” Sarcasm was clear in his tone. 
“It’s your birthday?” I stared at him in disbelief. He nods. 
Sudden anger grew in me. No one deserves to be treated that way especially on their birthday!

“Never mind Nam Woohyun! I’ll give you the best birthday next year!” I said, determined. 
“Best Birthday?” 
“I’ll make sure you’re going to smile every single minute of your birthday. I promise!”

-End of Flashback-

“Oh…That…” I gulped. Woohyun gave me a look, “You forgot didn’t you?” I bit my lower lips and nodded my head feeling ashamed of myself. I expected Woohyun to yell at me or something but instead he placed both his hands on each side of my shoulders and gave me a big grin. “I knew that you would forget about it. I have plans for us today~”

My eyes widened, “What?! Yo-“ But before I could say anything else Woohyun turned me around and pushed me back into my apartment and told me to get ready while he waited for me at his car. He slammed the door to my apartment and I stood there stunned.

“You better hurry up~ or else I’ll get angry.” Woohyun sang.

I groaned and went to the bathroom.

 

~~~***~~~

 

After about an hour later, we were in the drive way with me scowling in my seat. Woohyun made me dress up really nice just because ‘it was his birthday’. I initially wanted to dress up comfortable but Woohyun made me dress classy. Woohyun on the other hand was all smiles driving as he hummed to a tune. He turned to me and I half glared at him.

“You look ugly like that. You should Smile~” Woohyun chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and looked out the window, “Where are we going?”

“Secret~” He gave me a teasing smile.
I frowned at him. “Oh yeah,” He suddenly started searching the back seat with his hands. Then he pulled out a really pretty watch. I held back my laughter.

“You wear girly watches?”
“No~ This, is for you.” He handed it to me.
“Me? It’s your birthday.”

“So that we can keep track of the time…I want everything to be perfect.”

I stared at him for a while.  *He really planned everything?*

“Please wear it, for me?”
 “Yeah, fine.” I gave in and put it around my wrist. My body felt tingly when I realized how pretty the watch was.
“It’s pretty on you,” He smiled.  

I felt myself heat up a little, “Uh, yeah, thanks. It is pretty.”

“So, time keeper, what is the time now?”

I read the time and it showed 7:45am.
“Good, we’re early.”

Woohyun parked the car expertly and he went out first. I watched as he quickly ran over to my side and opened the door for me. I stared at him dumb-founded.

“What are you trying to do Nam Woohyun?” I gave him a look.

He did a bow to me, “Just being a gentleman.”

“Right…on your birthday,” I snorted. Woohyun ignored me and lead me to a somewhat grand restaurant. The classical music in the background, high class waiters and chefs and not to mention, the delicious aroma was all amazing. Woohyun said his name to the host at the counter and he led us upstairs to a private room. I was awed by the royal concept of the room.

“You reserved this?” I gasped. Woohyun nodded with satisfaction. The host left us and Woohyun helped me to my seat.
“So this must be your dream birthday wish and you’re granting it yourself.” I laughed.
Woohyun looked around then laughed along, “Yeah, I guess.”

Waiters and Waitresses started flooding the huge room with food from different states and countries.

“Feel free to choose what you want to eat, I’ve already paid for them.” Woohyun gestured to the table.

“How? This…is amazing.” I was breathless, speechless.

Woohyun said no more and we started having our full course meal.

 

In the middle of the meal, I started to get curious “Is it going to be a really long day?”

He nod, “Mhmm.”

“Where else are we going?” I tried to get something out of him.

He swallowed his food and put his fork near his lips, “Not telling~ What time is it TimeKeeper?”

I pouted and glanced at the watch, “8:15am.”

 

Something about Nam Woohyun was out of it today. He was always playful and smiles but today, something’s different and I can’t lay a finger on it.

 

At 10am sharp, we were out of the Restaurant. Woohyun took a picture of us together at the table. Woohyun drove off and this time it took only a couple of minutes before we reached a shopping mall. There, we shared no conversations but Woohyun just dragged me to every single shop to find something for me and not him. I rejected every single thing he told wanted to buy for me but he ended up buying some of it. I began to wonder where has he got all these money from and why is he spending it on me and not himself. This neighbor of mine is weird.

 

Time passed quickly and we were at the car again with all the bags.
“Isn’t this fun?” He laughed as he put every single bag in the back seat.
“Uh, not really. Why are you spending money on me?”  I asked him with my arms crossed.

He popped his head back out of the back seat and shrugged his shoulders.

“It makes me feel happy?”

“You’re just weird Woohyun.” I shook my head and went into the car. I wanted to put my seat belt on but Woohyun came in and beat me to it. My whole body heated up but Woohyun acted as though it was nothing.

“Something is wrong with you Woohyun…Seriously.” I finally told him.

He turned the heater on slightly higher and turned to me. “Really? Why?”

“You’re treating me really nice and good today. Why are you doing this?” I asked.

Woohyun started driving off again, “You can take a nap for now. It’ll be a long drive…”

“You’re ignoring my question!” I yelled.

“What time is it time keeper?” His smiled never left his face.

“I’m not telling. Tell me why you are doing this.” I crossed my arm.

Woohyun gave me a smirk before looking at my watch.

“Hmm, it’s a little past 3pm. Wow~ we spent that much time shopping? Let’s Go!”

My jaws literally dropped as I stared at him in disbelief.

“Fine. I’ll take a nap. Wake me up when we’re there.” I turned my body so that I wouldn’t see him.

We drove and drove and never stopped driving. The sun was slowly disappearing, setting the sky to a wonderful mixture of Orange and Red. I woke up to see the wide vast sea under the moon light. The sun was nowhere to be seen. Then I noticed Woohyun was not in the car. Where are we?  I unbuckled my seat belt and went outside. The cold wind immediately sends my body shivering slightly. The night breeze was definitely fresh. I tugged on my coat to keep myself warm and started to look around. I couldn’t find Woohyun anywhere near the car. I decided to drop down to the beach. Then, there I saw Woohyun standing near the shore staring out into the ocean. I cautiously walked over to him.

“Woohyun-ah,” I called out to him. He noticed I was there and smiled. “You’re awake..”

“Why are we here?” I asked.

Woohyun chuckled but I noticed something…sad in his tone.

“I just wanted to come here, one last time.” He explained.
I looked around and frowned. It was a vast beach with no one.

“Why here?”

He laughed again, “You’re so curious about everything.” Then he looked at a distance, “This was where, I was going to propose to her on my birthday….” Tears were starting to form at the corner of him eyes.

 

I felt a lump on my throat. I was speechless. I wanted to comfort him but I couldn’t bring myself to say the words. I simply stared at him. Woohyun took a deep breath then turned to me with a smile on his face again.

“~~~~-ah, Can you do me a favor?” He held me by the shoulders.
It took a while before I gave him a nod, “What can I do for you?”  

“Can I hug you?”

“W-what?”

“Please?” He pleaded. His eyes bore into mine and I gave him a stiff nod and he embraced me in his arms. He rested his chin on my shoulder as he let out a sigh. I stood there not doing anything. Being in his arms was the best feeling I’ve ever had. It was warm and comfortable despite the cold breeze.

“~~~~-ah,” He called out again. “Y-yes?”

“Can you help me forget her?” His warm breath tickled my neck.

I frowned, “How do I do that?”

 

Silence fell…..

 

“Kiss me….” Woohyun’s husky voice whispered in my ear.

I pulled away and looked at him, “Woohyun-ah…”

“Can you?” He gazed into my eyes.

“I don’t think kissing you would make you forget her…” I reasoned.

Woohyun sighed, “I…When I spent the whole day with you today, I felt…happy. Never once I thought of her when I’m with you.”

“But still…” I was nervous. What was he trying to say?

“Just this once, for me?” He came closer, “Help me forget…”

I pitied him. That was what I thought. That was what my mind told me but there was something else…  
I didn’t reply him but I noticed him inching closer and closer. His eyes started to shut and finally his lips met mine. His kiss was slow and soft. That was when my heart exploded, not literally. My heart exploded with an emotion of love. Could it be that I fell in love with this Aegyo king Neighbor of mine?

I couldn’t believe it was happening but it was. The two of us were kissing at the beach, under the moonlight. Very romantic indeed.

 

After what seemed awhile, he pulled away with his forehead leaning against mine.

“Woohyu-”

“Can you do me one last favour? Before my birthday ends,” Woohyun whispered.

This time i wasn’t hesitant, “What is it?”

“Be mine?”   

_________________________

 

THE END! 

It's up to you to accept or reject him xD Heheheh~ 

I know his birthday was yesterday but i couldn't use the laptop -.- 

Better late then never~ 

Happy Birthday Nam Woohyun! 

Happy Lunar New Year / Chinese New Year