CHAPTER 4: SungGyu

INFINITE ONESHOTS

 

 

SACRIFICE

 

 

________________________________

"I said I want a break up." You mumbled.

"Why?!" He was slowly losing his temper. 

"I can't stand it Oppa! I don't love you anymore." You yelled.

 

Lies..... 

 

"That can't be true! Everyday you would say you love me and miss me. Why the sudden break up?!" He was at the verge of breaking down. 

"Those words were empty words. I can't feel the love anymore!" You fought back.

 

All Lies....

 

"Lee ~~~~! You are not going to break up with me not after all those years we've been through!" A tear escaped his eyes as he held onto her arms shaking her hard. 

You stood there crying. You had to leave him. You had to let him go. It was the only solution. He will not be able to take the sudden pain if he was still with you. 

"I HATE YOU! GET AWAY FROM ME!" You yelled," We're through" You gave him back the couple ring you were wearing.

With that last sentence you walked off, tears streaming down your face. 

 

*It’s for your own good SungGyu Oppa...*  

 

This was all because of your stupid family genes. You were diagnosed with kidney failure, it runs in your blood. One out of the family will have it. Your mother was the one who had it from her father; your grandfather. Now, it was your turn to suffer. You were told about this in the past by your own mother before she was gone. You had two other younger siblings both still cute and adorable growing to be teenagers. You were afraid. When you just got the news from the doctor that you had it, it was a break down for you. You're 23 years old and you've been in a relationship with SungGyu for 5 straight years. He even told you about marriage and your future together. But that all changed. You didn't want to start a family knowing it would only burden one of them. You couldn't suddenly leave SungGyu with the all those responsibility. SungGyu has always been there for you and you knew he deserves someone better. 

 

The only person knowing about all this was his buddy, DongWoo. You had to tell someone. You needed a listening ear. DongWoo understands your worries. He tried to convince you that everything would turn out to be okay but you still insisted as it was the best for the both of you. You already had the plan up in mind. You needed SungGyu to get over you.

 

You cried yourself to sleep night after night. You had an appointment with the doctor the next day. You called up DongWoo to accompany you. He gladly did as a friend. DongWoo met up with you but he grew worried. You were getting even paler than the last time he saw you. He slowly brought you to his car and he drove you to the hospital. SungGyu was actually there; his car was parked at the corner from where you stayed. He watched as DongWoo wrapped his arm around your waist. Actually DongWoo did that to support you but SungGyu saw what he saw and he was not happy.

 

You and DongWoo went to the Hospital where the doctor told you that you may have a kidney transplant if there was a donor. Luckily, there was. You sighed in relief but the doctor reminded you that it may or may not be successful. The transplant would make you either back as a normal person or become the worst case scenario. You gulped. You had to take the risk. It was the best. 

"I'll do it." You said with determination.

DongWoo just supported you with your decision. 

 

The surgery was the day after tomorrow. It had to be done as soon as possible. That night you were sitting on your sofa watching the graduation videos of you and him only. On graduation day, SungGyu performed on stage and sang a song dedicated to you and only you. You still remember the way his voice sounded sincere and romantic. You watched the TV screen as he walked down the stage and went to you. You were already tearing up both in the video and in reality. You watched as he knelt down before you and held out a rose. Everyone went cheering. You smiled and accepted the gift. SungGyu stood up, gazed at you as he finished the song. The auditorium applauded and SungGyu pulled you into his embrace. You were now crying your eyes out. SungGyu was the nicest guys you've met in your life. You needed someone to lean on right that moment. 

Riing~ Riiing~ Riiing~

"Hello? _____-ah? What's wrong?" The other line spoke.

"DongWoo oppa. Can you come over?" You sobbed.

"I'll be right over." He seriously said and hung up. 

 

You wrapped your arms around your knees and cried. Your heart was aching. You wanted to be in SungGyu's arms so badly. A few minutes later, DongWoo arrived at your apartment. Pressing your number code, he walked into your apartment and he warily glanced around trying to find you. He went in to find the TV still and he heard soft, muffled cries near by. DongWoo softened as he saw you crying on the couch. He sat down beside you and hugged you tight. He your hair trying to calm you down.

"I miss him DongWoo oppa. I miss him too much that it hurts." You sobbed. 

"Shhh...Its okay..Everything's okay.." he shushed. 

 

Then they heard a knock on the door. DongWoo looked at you wondering if you had called anyone else over but you were curious yourself. DongWoo stood up and walked over to the door. You wiped the tears on your face and followed DongWoo. DongWoo opened the door only to find SungGyu, slightly drunk. 

"Hyung." DongWoo gasped. 

"Who's that? DongWoo?! So the two of are really together now huh?" SungGyu sounded and looked like he's been crying too.

"Hyung you got it wrong i was just...well....making her feel better."DongWoo couldn't find the right words. 

"Yeah... I know. So ______-ah. You dumped me because of my best friend huh? Great. Just great. My life is totally great." SungGyu laughed

You stood there silent. SungGyu's expression made you feel guilty but if he thought that way it would make him move on. You stood in front of DongWoo and looked at SungGyu.

"Even if i do love him, what are you going to do about it? Find yourself someone better SungGyu oppa..." You tried to sound harsh but your heart couldn't bear to hurt him more.

"Right. I will! And I'll show her to you and make you regret for leaving me." SungGyu was wobbling. 

"Good to know." You whispered, "Now good night." 

You closed the door and cried more. DongWoo pulled you into his embrace. He heard SungGyu crying just outside the door too. 

 

*This is a mess...*  DongWoo thought.

 

____

 

The day of your surgery finally arrived. You had already changed into the attire and you were lying on bed as nurses checked on you once in a while. You still had 1 more hour before the Surgery takes place. DongWoo was at the door looking at you as you were looking out of the window.

*This may be the last time I’m seeing her. I must at least let hyung see her once more.*  DongWoo turned his back from you and dialed SungGyu's number.

 

"Hello?" The other line answered

"Hyung..." DongWoo called out.

"DongWoo..What do you want?" SungGyu snapped.

"I think you deserve to see her one last time. Come over to Seoul Hospital right now before its too late.."DongWoo told him.

"What?! Hospital, what do you mean?! What happened?!" SungGyu was worried.

"She's been sick Hyung. It's been hard for her. She doesn't want you to suffer because of her. Her surgery's in an hour. Please Hyung see her one last time if you are really planning on moving on without her..I'll be waiting for you." DongWoo explained.

 

SungGyu heard what DongWoo told him. He froze there for a few seconds before running out of the door. He ran to the streets but the bus had just left. He yelled in frustration and waited for a taxi. He only had 1 hour. 1 hour to reach there. He needed to see her even if it is just for a second. He finally got a Taxi and it sped off to the Hospital. 

 

__

 

DongWoo watched as a tear ran down your cheek. 

"What if, I don't make it..." You whispered as a smile crept on your lips. 

"Don't say things like that.." DongWoo frowned.

 

___

 

BEEP! BEEP! 

There was traffic congestion and SungGyu was eagerly glancing from his watch to the streets. He had only half an hour left. He would never make it in time if he stayed there.

"Ajjusshi. I'll get down here!" SungGyu gave some money to the taxi driver and he went out of the taxi. Without a second thought he ran. He ran till his lungs were burning. 

 

*Wait for me ~~~~ I'm coming!* 

 

___

 

 

"Ms Lee you will be taken to the surgery room in 20 minutes time.." A nurse informed you. 

"Neh~" You smiled. 

It was hurting DongWoo as much as it would hurt SungGyu. You were smiling as though it was nothing. It hurts him real bad. *Hyung...Hurry...*

 

___

 

SungGyu ran and ran. Finally the hospital was in sight. He ran faster. He reached the Hospital then running to your room. Only to find DongWoo in the room. 

"You're 1 minute late, She was just taken away." DongWoo sighed. 

SungGyu clenched his fist and punched the wall next to him; venting his anger. DongWoo turned around to see his hyung.

 

"I know you're mad at both me and her. But at least hear me out first." DongWoo stood there.

SungGyu remained silent.

"She told me to not tell you." DongWoo started, "She loves you so much hyung. You have no idea how much she cried. She needed a shoulder to cry on so she would call me. I feel guilty taking your place Hyung. But i hope you'll understand." 

SungGyu still remained silent. 

"At least accept her last gift to you." DongWoo handed SungGyu a piece of folded paper.

SungGyu took it and went out of the room. He sat down at the chairs available and unfolded the paper.

 

 

Gyu oppaaa~ 

^^

I miss you. So much that it hurts. I wouldn't know if by now i'm still here but i just want you to remember that i had always loved you. That night you came made me realize how much we love and cherish each other. I'm sorry but i guess i was selfish. But its for the best SungGyu oppa. Find yourself someone that's meant for you. And also take this...

The Ring you gave on our first anniversary. I love you SungGyu, no words can express the way i love you. 

 

Continue to sing..laugh...smile. 

You're the best boyfriend any girl would want. 

 

Love, ~~~~~~~~

 

A tear dropped onto the paper. SungGyu took the necklace with the ring on it from the paper. He held it up and gazed at the words 'forever together.' SungGyu still remembered how shy her was when he wanted to give you that ring. He laughed for a second but then he looked back at the paper. He folded it back and went to find DongWoo sitting outside the surgery room. 

 

DongWoo had his head hung low as he supported his elbows on his knees. Then a doctor came. DongWoo recognize the doctor straight away. 

"Doc! How is she?" DongWoo asked, SungGyu stood in a distance watching.

The Doctor looked at him then shook his head. 

DongWoo let go off him, stunned. SungGyu's eyes widened.

Soon a body was being taken out of the surgery room. SungGyu ran to the body crying. He rested his head on the body as DongWoo couldn't even move from the shock. Then another body was being pushed out of the surgery room. DongWoo's eyes widened. 

 

"GHOST!" He yelled.

You tilt your head at DongWoo. You were resting you body against the bed. The nurse had helped you to tilt it slightly up. The surgery was a successful one. Just the another Doctor that looks exactly the same as the one before came out.

"WHAT?!" DongWoo pointed and fainted.

"Omg! DongWoo oppa!" You cried. 

 

SungGyu recognized that voice straight away and looked up. His face was already swollen from all the crying. 

"SungGyu oppa...." You whispered.

 

SungGyu stood up and looked at the body. He slowly revealed the face only to find a 40 year old woman. He jumped and the nurses continued to pushed the corpse away. SungGyu stood there dumb founded. You were not expecting to see SungGyu there. 

SungGyu's expression suddenly turned angry. You gulped and thinking again SungGyu was probably angry for not telling him what was really happening. SungGyu stomped over to you and swiftly kissed you. A tear left your eye.

SungGyu pulled away as he looked into your eyes. It was filled with love.

 

"Next time, don't take things to your own hands. You have no idea how miserable i was." SungGyu your cheek.

"SungGyu oppa!" You cried and hugged him. 

 

___________________________________

 

How was it? ^^ Kekeke~ I Love SungGyu's Voice. 

and adorable aegyo. I just saw this video. Super Cute ^^