Chapter 10: HOYA (2)

INFINITE ONESHOTS

PRANKSTER 

___________________________________

The teacher had been blabbering all day in class and Hoya was getting bored of it. The other students were diligently doing their work and listening to the teacher's every word. Hoya leaned back in his chair and locked his hands behind his head. The best part of sitting at the back of the class was being able to see every single person in class. Who knows what weird things they will do when they THINK no one is watching. Hoya has caught almost every classmate of his doing things he never thought they would do. He scanned the room and waited.... Nothing. 

 

"Aish this !" He hissed in a low voice and sat down properly on his chair. 

"Pay attention man! This is included in our upcoming class test!" SungYeol nagged at him. 

 

Hoya groaned and lay his head on the table. He never thought that he would make friends with a smarty pants. SungYeol has been top in class for as long as he lived. Hoya used him for homework and assignments. Well, that was his way of living. He's a lazy . Hoya continued to moan. 

 

"HOYA! Shut it will ya?! I can't hear!" SungYeol snapped. 

"Well, I'm sorry! I'm too bored to do anything else!" Hoya sarcastically said. 

SungYeol sighed," Then go and do what you do best!" 

Hoya sat up a little interested," Such as?" 

"Must i tell you what you're good at?! Go prank call or something." SungYeol rolled his eyes," Now quiet! I need to pay attention!" 

 

Hoya thought of what SungYeol's suggestion and an idea popped into his head. It may be childish but it was worth a shot. He snatched SungYeol's phone from his school pants and quickly searched through his contact list. 

"What are you doing?" SungYeol tried to retrieve his phone back.

"1 minute!" Hoya quickly responded, still scrolling SungYeol's contact list. 

 

"AHEM! Please keep quiet while lesson is being conducted Mr Lee SungYeol." The teacher narrowed her eyes to him. 

SungYeol gulped and went back to the lesson. Hoya was slightly laughing as he scrolled down SungYeol's contact list. There were people with the most funniest names. Then his smile fade away as he read one of it. 'Idiotic Hoya'. He scarily glared at SungYeol. SungYeol just shrugged it off. 

 

*Stupid Kid* He cursed and renamed his contact name as 'The Almighty Hoya'. 

Satisfied his pressed the save button and continued scrolling down. He was finding the so-called chosen one for his brilliant plan. Just then a name caught his eyes. 

 

*Hmm.. ______*  Hoya reread the contact name in his mind

 

"Yah. who's this girl?" Hoya nudged SungYeol, who was apparently at his boiling point.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT!" SungYeol whispered aloud while Hoya showed him his phone, "Oh. _____-ah? She's my maths partner in maths class. She's so totally smart!"

"She's in our school?"

"Yeap."

"Which class?"

"The last class down the hallway."

 

* bingo.* 

 

Hoya took his phone from under his desk and saved the chosen one's number. He threw SungYeol's phone back to its owner and began his master plan. He went to a new message page and started to type.

 

Hello _______. How are you? 

 

He laughed as he pressed send. Everyone's eyes turned to him. He ducked down and gave a small salute as a sign of an apology. He went back to his phone and waited for his victim to reply. His phone vibrated which means a new message. His eyes sparkled and pressed open.

 

Um. Hello? I'm currently in class so i can't speak to you right now. I'm Sorry.

 

Hoya was surprised by the good manners. Then again, He was going to level 2. 

He pressed reply.

 

But Baby I miss you....

 

Hoya wanted to laugh out loud but he wouldn't want detention for another hour after spending it with that sick kid who would sneeze at his face every time.

 

Excuse me? Do i know you? 

 

Hoya was getting her attention which was right as planned. He continued on and on. 

 

Hoya : How could you do this to me baby? We've been in love for more than a year!

_____: I'm sorry but I think you got the wrong number 

Hoya: You're _____ right? How can I not know my own girlfriend.

____: Seriously. Who are you kid? 

Hoya: Kid? Ouch that hurts baby. I'm the same age as you! You know that right? :P 

____: So, you're from here aren't you? 

 

Hoya froze. Should he say he's from the same school? or should he not? Before Hoya could even reply back she replied first.

 

____: Yup. Silence means yes. 

 

*. She's really smart.* 

Another new message. 

 

____: Look kid. I'm not as dumb as you think. I may be a nerd but i've got street smarts ya hear? So quit bugging me and pull your socks up!

 

Hoya was taken aback. Maybe he really did underestimate this girl. He was staring into space when SungYeol nudged him.

"Let's go!" SungYeol pulled his hand.

"Go Where?" Hoya pulled away.

"Tutoring! Mrs Kwon put me in charge of you." SungYeol smirked, "School's over, Come on. "

 

Hoya slung his bag on his shoulder and dragged himself behind SungYeol. SungYeol was squealing about studying chemistry and humanities together. Hoya just continued to groan. 

"Wait here! I've got to get some things from my locker." SungYeol ran up to his locker which was right in front. 

 

Hoya leaned against the wall behind him and stared blankly at everyone who was passing by. He was thinking about how to escape SungYeol's lectures. He looked at his way to SungYeol who was at his locker, with some hot girl. Hoya lost his balance for a minute and rubbed his eyes to see if his eyes were just fooling him. No. It was true. SungYeol was talking to a hot girl at his locker. Hoya wanted to catch up to them but she already walked away once he arrived. 

 

"Ah! You're here great! Since you're stronger, Carry these!" SungYeol gave Hoya his pile of books," Let's go!" 

As he was being pulled by SungYeol, his eyes were searching for that beauty he saw earlier. 

 

*Aish. missed an opportunity.* 

 

The tutoring with SungYeol was the worst hours of Hoya's life. SungYeol really made Hoya learn his periodic table. Finally the four hours has ended. Hoya jumped out of his chair and stretched his mucles.

"Never do that to me again!" Hoya pointed to SungYeol.

"We still have 3 more sessions to do."

"WHAT?! Forget it i'm leaving!" Hoya took his bag and turned to the door but he halted.

 

There he saw that beauty walking into the room and passed Hoya. He breathed in her scent that made him feel tingly.

"SungYeol-ah! Let's go!" She winked to SungYeol.

"Ah- I mean okay." SungYeol smiled.

 

Hoya's jaws dropped. A hot girl just asked SungYeol out? SUNGYEOL! not HOYA but SUNGYEOL!

"WAIT!" Hoya grabbed on SungYeol's sleeve, " One minute." 

Hoya dragged SungYeol away from her.

 

"You didn't tell me you had a hot date?! Such a friend you are!" Hoya snarled. 

"Oh. Now i'm your friend huh? That's JungHae. Hot isn't she? She's smart too." SungYeol smirked. 

"Can i tag along?" Hoya gave SungYeol his puppy eyes. 

"Sure." SungYeol shrugged. 

"YES!" Hoya punched his fist in the air and went over to that beauty."Let's go." Hoya took JungHae's arm. 

 

They spent the rest of the evening out at the streets. Hoya was talking non-stop until his phone vibrated. He paused and checked on it. A new message. 

 

_____: I see you have a date. 

 

Hoya's eyes widened and frantically looked around. JungHae grew worried. SungYeol eyed his friend. 

 

Hoya: How do you know who i am?! Where are you?

____: Panicking i see. I know where you are Hoya, I know. 

 

Hoya scanned through the crowd once more.

"Is something wrong Hoya?" JungHae asked. 

"! Yeollie do something!" Hoya gave his phone to SungYeol.

SungYeol laughed, "Haha! revenge." 

"Yah! Its not funny! Its creepy! Tell her to stop!" 

 

____: SungYeol won't do anything trust me. Find me if you can. I'll be waiting.

Hoya: Yah! Stop it! I never asked you to stalk me!

___That's what you get from pranking. I'm going to teach you a lesson.

 

JungHae was feeling uneasy so she slung her arm around Hoya's.

"What's wrong"

"Someone's stalking me!"

"What?" JungHae looked around, " I see no one suspicious." 

"i think i need a drink." Hoya rubbed his head.

"Let's go." JungHae and SungYeol brought Hoya away.

 

SungYeol went to get Hoya a drink while he and JungHae rested on the bench.

"You know, Hoya. You're actually not a  bad guy. Does your head still hurt?" JungHae looked at him.

"I'm fine. I think." Hoya leaned back," I think i'm going to get sick because of her."

'Just chill. It'll be alright." JungHae patted Hoya.

 

Buzzzz. New Message.

 

____: I see you..

 

Hoya stood up and looked around.

"STOP IT WILL YA?!" He yelled and then squatted on the ground with his hands covering his ears.

 

"SUNGYEOL! That's ENOUGH!" JungHae shouted, "He's having a headache! Its all your fault!" 

Hoya looked up. SungYeol came out from his hiding place and came to the two of them laughing.

"DUDE! You're face was so totally epic!" SungYeol laughed.  Hoya was confused. 

"Stop it SungYeol! I didn't want it to go this far! He's shivering from fear." JungHae helped Hoya to sit back on the bench.

 

"Wait. What?" Hoya whispered.

"I'm Sorry Hoya.. I'm _____"  'JungHae' smiled.

"I thought your name was JungHae?!" Hoya moved away from her.

"I was pissed that you tried to prank me. SungYeol told me it was you. So we kkinda planned it out. I'm Sorry. You're not that bad for a guy." She confessed. 

"So wait. It was SungYeol who was messaging me all that time?" Hoya glared at SungYeol. 

SungYeol grew stiff. *O-oh.* 

 

Before Hoya could even start chasing him, SungYeol had already ran away like a chicken. 

"STUPID KID." Hoya grunted, "AND YOU!" He turned to her. She flinched. 

"I'm Sorry." Hoya apologized. 

She was taken aback by his sudden apology. 

"I realized that i shouldn't take people for granted. I underestimated you." He rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Well, I'm sorry for scaring you." She smiled.

"I WASN'T SCARED!" Hoya protested. 

"Yes you were!" She giggled. 

 

Then there was awkward silence. The two of them avoided each other's eyes and looked around.

"So, _____-ah. Its only 8pm. Want to catch a movie?" Hoya asked. 

"Watching a movie means asking me for a date." She smirked.

"Fine! Want to go on a date with me now? yes or no?!" Hoya crossed his arms.

"I'll give you a chance so yeah." She stood next to Hoya.

Hoya beamed and they walked towards the nearest cinema.

"Wait! What about SungYeol." She asked.

"He can handle himself." Hoya chuckled and led them away from there.

 

The two of them had a good time together while SungYeol....

8:10pm:

 

"Where are you guys?! YAH! Come Out~" SungYeol yelled.

 

9pm: 

 

"I'm Still here you know! I don't know the way back!" 

 

10pm: 

 

"That's it. I'm calling SungGyu hyung." 

_____________________

 

Ok. I don't think this is to my liking. This oneshot seems very 'fake' . It doesn't make sense doesn't it? Oh well. 

Tell me how was it okay?